Pre-Trip The Princesses Return!

Hello friends! Remember us? :)
GRAND_PARKFARE_7348175581.jpeg

If you don't know us and would like to, you can read about our last trip here!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/when-in-disney-june-2015-trip-report.900769/

I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but just in case you haven't… WE'VE BOOKED OUR NEXT TRIP!!!!!!! :D Let's talk plans!

Who: I'm Brittany (on the right) and this will be my 8th trip to WDW! I'm the planner, organizer, tour guide, etc. I'll be 23 years old at the time of our trip. I'll be accompanied by the lovely lady on the left, Heather. We've been best friends for most of our lives and Disney is an integral part of that friendship. ;) This will be her 4th trip to WDW, all of which have been with me. I'm extremely fortunate that she puts up with my compulsive planning and bossiness. :rolleyes: She'll be 25 years old at the time of our trip.

When: June 7th - June 14th, 2016

How: Spirit Airlines out of Latrobe, PA. Our flight leaves at 5:25pm, putting us in Orlando at 7:39pm. We'll catch a ride on the Magical Express to our resort.. Those of you who read my last TR will recall how excited I get about ME. :p:rolleyes:

Where: All Star Sports; I toyed around with the thought of staying at one of the more expensive resorts, however we spend VERY little time in our room during our trips so I just couldn't justify it. Still, this will be a new resort for us and that's always exciting!

Other: We tried PhotoPass for the first time last trip and absolutely loved it, so we've purchased that again for this trip! We'll be on the Dining Plan this trip, which we've never done before! I think we're really going to like the "all inclusive" feel that this creates and foresee us using it on all future trips.

I'll include our park plans and ADR's in my next post, but for now I'll leave you with this…

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!!!!
EPCOT_ECENTR1_7343755636.jpeg

TheMouseFan

We have officially hit double digits!!!!! How is it here already? Definitely doing the double digit dance today. :D

Also, my boyfriend (who is a Disney virgin) has given me the go-ahead to plan our first trip together for summer 2017. YES!!! I'm slowly but surely converting him. ;) And that just means leaving the World this year won't be as difficult because I'll have pre-feelings agin!
Yay for double digits!! And yay for another trip to start planning!

We will be in MK the evening of the 9th, so I'll have to keep a look out for you guys! It doesn't look like any of our other days match up with yours.

LisaBelle

We have officially hit double digits!!!!! How is it here already? Definitely doing the double digit dance today. :D

Also, my boyfriend (who is a Disney virgin) has given me the go-ahead to plan our first trip together for summer 2017. YES!!! I'm slowly but surely converting him. ;) And that just means leaving the World this year won't be as difficult because I'll have pre-feelings agin!
So excited that you have another trip to plan! Congratulations!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Yay for double digits!! And yay for another trip to start planning!

We will be in MK the evening of the 9th, so I'll have to keep a look out for you guys! It doesn't look like any of our other days match up with yours.

So much good news for one day! :) If you see us, please say hi! We'll keep our eyes peeled for you as well!

So excited that you have another trip to plan! Congratulations!

Me tooooo! I've found that him agreeing to a trip has changed how I plan for this summer's trip as well. I'm not so focused on trying everything I haven't tried before because I want to save some things to do for the first time when I'm there with him. Having gone so many times, there's so many things that will be new for him but not for me. However, there's never a lack of "new" at Disney so I'm thankful for that. :)

Billy6

Hey you!
I booked my trip this past weekend.. We were originally planning on staying at my parent's Marriott timeshare but after some deliberation, we booked at Art of Animation Cars family suite for the 5th-11th. A day less than we usually stay but we thought if it was just my family(me, wife, son and daughter) than this was a better set up. Renting a car and lugging stuff and kids and blah blah blah, so we decided why not let Mickey do for us!! :D

We have some ADRs planned too.... Hollywood and Vine Character breakfast on the 7th...the Boathouse at Disney Springs on the 8th and Garden Grill on the 10th...

Hope we can see you guys there again and say "what's up" and take food off your plate again! ;)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Hey you!
I booked my trip this past weekend.. We were originally planning on staying at my parent's Marriott timeshare but after some deliberation, we booked at Art of Animation Cars family suite for the 5th-11th. A day less than we usually stay but we thought if it was just my family(me, wife, son and daughter) than this was a better set up. Renting a car and lugging stuff and kids and blah blah blah, so we decided why not let Mickey do for us!! :D

We have some ADRs planned too.... Hollywood and Vine Character breakfast on the 7th...the Boathouse at Disney Springs on the 8th and Garden Grill on the 10th...

Hope we can see you guys there again and say "what's up" and take food off your plate again! ;)

HAHAHA! :hilarious: I'll be guarding my plates with my life. Excited you got everything booked.. Almost time to book FP+! :D

ScarletBegonias

hey!! Loved your last trip report, so I'm excited to follow along! We are going in 17 days, and eating at BOG for the first time!!! I am SO EXCITED. My mom is going to have our daughter that day and I'm super excited that i'll be able to relax and take it in in all it's glory without a grumpy child distracting me! (hope that doesn't make me sound awful!)

and how exciting that you will be back in 2017!!

blreinsel

Original Poster
hey!! Loved your last trip report, so I'm excited to follow along! We are going in 17 days, and eating at BOG for the first time!!! I am SO EXCITED. My mom is going to have our daughter that day and I'm super excited that i'll be able to relax and take it in in all it's glory without a grumpy child distracting me! (hope that doesn't make me sound awful!)

and how exciting that you will be back in 2017!!

I've been following your PTR and can't wait for you TR upon your return! Jealous that your trip is so quickly approaching. :) BOG is wonderful.. I can't recommend it enough! I don't think you sound awful. ;)

Enjoy your last few days of pre-feelings!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Hey all! :p I booked our FP+'s at work yesterday morning.. I tried to schedule them according to approximate times of ADR's and in a way that allows us to either sleep in a bit or take a mid-afternoon break back at the resort.

Wednesday, June 8:
10:30am - 11:30am Splash Mountain
6:45pm - 7:45pm Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
7:50pm - 8:50pm Space Mountain

Thursday, June 9:
11:05am - 12:05am Big Thunder
7:30pm - 8:30pm Pirates
8:40pm - 9:40pm Peter Pan

Friday, June 10:
1:30pm - 2:30pm Toy Story Mania
6:30pm - 7:30pm Tower of Terror
7:30pm - 8:30pm Star Tours

Saturday, June 11:
None - Resort Hopping Day

Sunday, June 12:
9:00am - 10:00am Mission Space
10:00am - 11:00am Character Spot
7:30am - 8:30pm Test Track

Monday, June 13:
1:40pm - 2:40pm Meet Tink
2:45pm - 3:05pm Festival of Fantasy
3:25pm - 4:25pm Space Mountain

I was pretty happy with what we got! Hopefully the Frozen ride will be open and we can swap out a FP+ to get on that. I'm also pretty excited about the ability to get additional FP+'s from your phone now! I feel as if this should have been an option from the get go but better late than never!

I've never tried the parade FP+ before, so wanted to try something new this trip! Last time, we watched from the train station and I'd love to do it again! If all works out, we'll see the parade twice so I can get both views. ;)

One more fun piece of news! I'm getting a puppy in May and we've decided on Tinker Bell (Tink) for her name! I'm so excited. :D And sooooo grateful that my boyfriend supports (deals with) my Disney obsession and let me Disney-fy her name. :rolleyes:

That's all for now! I'm doing the under 60 day dance. :p
See ya real soon!

Billy6

Hey all! :p I booked our FP+'s at work yesterday morning.. I tried to schedule them according to approximate times of ADR's and in a way that allows us to either sleep in a bit or take a mid-afternoon break back at the resort.

Wednesday, June 8:
10:30am - 11:30am Splash Mountain
6:45pm - 7:45pm Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
7:50pm - 8:50pm Space Mountain

Thursday, June 9:
11:05am - 12:05am Big Thunder
7:30pm - 8:30pm Pirates
8:40pm - 9:40pm Peter Pan

Friday, June 10:
1:30pm - 2:30pm Toy Story Mania
6:30pm - 7:30pm Tower of Terror
7:30pm - 8:30pm Star Tours

Saturday, June 11:
None - Resort Hopping Day

Sunday, June 12:
9:00am - 10:00am Mission Space
10:00am - 11:00am Character Spot
7:30am - 8:30pm Test Track

Monday, June 13:
1:40pm - 2:40pm Meet Tink
2:45pm - 3:05pm Festival of Fantasy
3:25pm - 4:25pm Space Mountain

I was pretty happy with what we got! Hopefully the Frozen ride will be open and we can swap out a FP+ to get on that. I'm also pretty excited about the ability to get additional FP+'s from your phone now! I feel as if this should have been an option from the get go but better late than never!

I've never tried the parade FP+ before, so wanted to try something new this trip! Last time, we watched from the train station and I'd love to do it again! If all works out, we'll see the parade twice so I can get both views. ;)

One more fun piece of news! I'm getting a puppy in May and we've decided on Tinker Bell (Tink) for her name! I'm so excited. :D And sooooo grateful that my boyfriend supports (deals with) my Disney obsession and let me Disney-fy her name. :rolleyes:

That's all for now! I'm doing the under 60 day dance. :p
See ya real soon!
Woo whooo! Nice...

So, stalker alert.... We have a 12:05-1:05 FP for Thunder Mountain on the 9th... We'll be there most of the day before an ADR at Boathouse. Depending on if they extend the hours of MK(they are extended for May), we'll come back at night!

Great picks! Not too much longer to go!

blreinsel

Original Poster
40 days to goooooo! :)

Quick question that hopefully somebody can answer for me.. I booked our ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table and of course had to pay up front. However, we have since added the dining plan. So how do I go about getting my money for that reservation refunded or will that somehow happen automatically?

jrogue

Looks like my sister and I will be at the Magic Kingdom on the same day -- Monday, 6/13! Maybe we'll see you there!

So I'm looking for some suggestions on the "must-do's" of your favorite resorts.
One of my favorite things to do of all time is the Polynesian Resort Torch Lighting Ceremony. It runs Tuesday - Saturday nights at 6pm. I'd recommend getting there about ten minutes early to catch it. It's a short ceremony, but definitely something unique and interesting!

TheMouseFan

40 days to goooooo! :)

Quick question that hopefully somebody can answer for me.. I booked our ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table and of course had to pay up front. However, we have since added the dining plan. So how do I go about getting my money for that reservation refunded or will that somehow happen automatically?
Woo Hoo!! (36 for us!!)

I think you have to wait until the day of to get your credit card refunded, but I would call and ask them if they can do it ahead of time.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Looks like my sister and I will be at the Magic Kingdom on the same day -- Monday, 6/13! Maybe we'll see you there!

One of my favorite things to do of all time is the Polynesian Resort Torch Lighting Ceremony. It runs Tuesday - Saturday nights at 6pm. I'd recommend getting there about ten minutes early to catch it. It's a short ceremony, but definitely something unique and interesting!

Keep your eyes peeled for us! :) The Torch Lighting Ceremony sounds like fun.. maybe we can catch it!

Woo Hoo!! (36 for us!!)

I think you have to wait until the day of to get your credit card refunded, but I would call and ask them if they can do it ahead of time.

I can't believe how quickly it's approaching!!! It doesn't matter to me either way, I just wasn't sure if it was something I'd have to initiate or if Disney would take care of it on their own.

TheMouseFan

I can't believe how quickly it's approaching!!! It doesn't matter to me either way, I just wasn't sure if it was something I'd have to initiate or if Disney would take care of it on their own.
I think you just tell them the day of the meal that you want to use your dining plan and then they automatically put the refund through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom