Pre-Trip The Princesses Return!

Hello friends! Remember us? :)
GRAND_PARKFARE_7348175581.jpeg

If you don't know us and would like to, you can read about our last trip here!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/when-in-disney-june-2015-trip-report.900769/

I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but just in case you haven't… WE'VE BOOKED OUR NEXT TRIP!!!!!!! :D Let's talk plans!

Who: I'm Brittany (on the right) and this will be my 8th trip to WDW! I'm the planner, organizer, tour guide, etc. I'll be 23 years old at the time of our trip. I'll be accompanied by the lovely lady on the left, Heather. We've been best friends for most of our lives and Disney is an integral part of that friendship. ;) This will be her 4th trip to WDW, all of which have been with me. I'm extremely fortunate that she puts up with my compulsive planning and bossiness. :rolleyes: She'll be 25 years old at the time of our trip.

When: June 7th - June 14th, 2016

How: Spirit Airlines out of Latrobe, PA. Our flight leaves at 5:25pm, putting us in Orlando at 7:39pm. We'll catch a ride on the Magical Express to our resort.. Those of you who read my last TR will recall how excited I get about ME. :p:rolleyes:

Where: All Star Sports; I toyed around with the thought of staying at one of the more expensive resorts, however we spend VERY little time in our room during our trips so I just couldn't justify it. Still, this will be a new resort for us and that's always exciting!

Other: We tried PhotoPass for the first time last trip and absolutely loved it, so we've purchased that again for this trip! We'll be on the Dining Plan this trip, which we've never done before! I think we're really going to like the "all inclusive" feel that this creates and foresee us using it on all future trips.

I'll include our park plans and ADR's in my next post, but for now I'll leave you with this…

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!!!!!
EPCOT_ECENTR1_7343755636.jpeg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Congrats on booking! You will love being on the dining plan. I doubt we'll ever go without it. And whispering canyon is a definite favourite of ours!! Good choice.

Thanks for reading! I'm definitely looking forward to Whispering Canyon. :)

We will be there with you this June too! :) And we have also done the BOG lunch/BOG dinner on the same day. Sat in two different rooms and the food was different, we enjoyed ourselves!

Awesome! Maybe we'll cross paths. :) I love BOG so much that I think I'll be fine with eating there twice in the same day. And there are soooo many good food choices there that I won't have any trouble finding different things for each meal.

Your plans look so exciting! You are so fortunate to have a friend who you are so close to and who shares your love of Disney! You'll have a wonderful trip.

It seems like you guys are big on MK like us. I can appreciate your outlook on why you chose your resort. If you're not going to spend a ton of time there, why bother spending a ton of money on your stay? I can also appreciate your view on AK and not getting hoppers. Just a warning about going to WL for Whispering Canyon: you're probably going to fall in love with the resort!

Wishing you a great trip!

It's so nice having her.. nobody else understands my obsession the way that she does. :) I'd love to stay at some of the other (more expensive) resorts, and someday I probably will, but not at this point in my life. I stayed at AKL when I was young and still remember a lot about it's beauty and amenities. So I'm excited to experience another deluxe and really start scouting which I'd like to stay in someday when I'm rich. :rolleyes:

Yay! We will be there at the same time too! We go June 2-11. It doesn't sound like we'll cross paths though because we will be in different parks on our overlapping days. Have a great trip!!

Awesome! Too bad we won't cross paths. Thank you, have a great trip as well!

That's the way to go! In a few weeks, we will be going to MK for a day before we board the ship.

I know the feeling of being in Florida and being so close and not going to WDW. I mean, is there any other reason to be in Florida???;)

How right you are. ;) Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Excited to read about your trip!! So jealous ... I want to go back :cry: :cry: :) x

Thank you! :) Disney blues are the worst!!

So happy you have booked and look forward to reading about your trip - it will get me though until my next trip in November.

Thank you! I love reading your TR's.. I'll be taking part in the ice cream challenge you introduced me to again this trip. ;)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Hi all! I'm posting this thread in a couple of places so you may come across it elsewhere. :)

As mentioned, we will be spending one day resort hopping and this will be a first for us! So I'm looking for some suggestions on the "must-do's" of your favorite resorts. We're going to try and hit as many of them as possible. I'm looking for QS dining spots, food/drink suggestions, gift shops, activities, photo opportunities, and anything else you can think of!

Thanks in advance! :)

RyPat

Hi all! I'm posting this thread in a couple of places so you may come across it elsewhere. :)

As mentioned, we will be spending one day resort hopping and this will be a first for us! So I'm looking for some suggestions on the "must-do's" of your favorite resorts. We're going to try and hit as many of them as possible. I'm looking for QS dining spots, food/drink suggestions, gift shops, activities, photo opportunities, and anything else you can think of!

Animal Kingdom Lodge - not much to speak of for QS, but Sanaa is worth every penny. Savannah viewing spots (and night vision goggles for after dark)
Wilderness Lodge - haven't stayed here myself but after some resort hopping of our own this one is definitely on our list for the future.

Be warned though - once you see them you WILL want to stay here!! :)

Billy6

I was going to say, go to Animal Kingdom lodge or Kidani Village for the animal photo ops but someone beat me to it.

On the concourse level of the Contemporary you can go outside to a small deck and get good pics of MK, watch the monorail almost take your head off, and if it's not busy, watch Wishes from a group of seats facing the park.

Check out The Boardwalk for some fun too.

That's it for starters!

DisSplash

Your trip plans sounds so awesome!! I am in quite the Disney mood today, as we are 7 days out from our Star Wars cruise (OMG!!!), so I am more than happy to share my two cents -- the Wilderness Lodge is A-MAZING! We stayed there twice!! It really feels like escape to the great outdoors there ... enjoy your resort hopping, wherever you end up!!

BWK05

If drinks are in your plans at the Polynesian Village Resort there is Trader Sam's and for later in the evening Mizner's lounge listening to the Jazz Band playing.

Doc Disney

You guys will really like Garden Grill! We went for the first time last trip and really liked it! We booked it for our next trip too :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom Lodge - not much to speak of for QS, but Sanaa is worth every penny. Savannah viewing spots (and night vision goggles for after dark)
Wilderness Lodge - haven't stayed here myself but after some resort hopping of our own this one is definitely on our list for the future.

Be warned though - once you see them you WILL want to stay here!! :)

We have a dinner ADR at Whispering Canyon, so Sanaa isn't in the cards for this trip. However, I would like to try it someday as I've read good reviews! I stayed at AKL when I was young and have been dying to go back ever since, so we'll definitely be hitting that one on our loop! Wilderness Lodge will be a new one for both of us, but I'm definitely looking forward to exploring it! :)

I was going to say, go to Animal Kingdom lodge or Kidani Village for the animal photo ops but someone beat me to it.

On the concourse level of the Contemporary you can go outside to a small deck and get good pics of MK, watch the monorail almost take your head off, and if it's not busy, watch Wishes from a group of seats facing the park.

Check out The Boardwalk for some fun too.

That's it for starters!

Definitely going to stop by the Contemporary, if for no other reason simply because it's on the monorail loop and will be convenient. I've seen a lot of photo ops that others have gotten there so that'll probably be our focus. I'm really looking forward to The Boardwalk area.. I want to stay there so bad!

Your trip plans sounds so awesome!! I am in quite the Disney mood today, as we are 7 days out from our Star Wars cruise (OMG!!!), so I am more than happy to share my two cents -- the Wilderness Lodge is A-MAZING! We stayed there twice!! It really feels like escape to the great outdoors there ... enjoy your resort hopping, wherever you end up!!

Lucky you!!! It seems like our trip is so far away, but the pre-trip feelings are the best. I'm really looking forward to WL and all of the other resorts we're going to explore. :)

If drinks are in your plans at the Polynesian Village Resort there is Trader Sam's and for later in the evening Mizner's lounge listening to the Jazz Band playing.

Definitely planning on a drink at the Poly.. I've heard great things! :)

YAY!!! Enjoy the pre-trip vibes :) You will love the dining plan!

So excited!!!! Annnnnd I'm excited that you're in the process of convincing your boyfriend of taking another trip! Tell him that all of your friends here say it's necessary because we need one of your TR's. :D

You guys will really like Garden Grill! We went for the first time last trip and really liked it! We booked it for our next trip too :)

Your TR is actually what inspired me to book there! The food looked great and you gave it good reviews so figured we would give it a shot! We love character meals so if nothing else, we have that to enjoy. :)

blreinsel

Original Poster
Have fun on your trip! I look forward to following along with your trip plans. My family and I are planning a trip in August so I'm reading a lot of trip reports to get myself excited for it. I haven't been back to Disney in about 8 years!

Thanks! The pre-feelings are the best! :) Will you be writing a TR??

LisaBelle

Almost in double digits! My sister and I had the dining plan on our trip and we really liked it. We'd never done it before so I wasn't sure, but we were glad we did it.

Doc Disney

Just wanted to add to the resort hopping question! We really liked the Lapu Lapus at the Polynesian *the drinks in the pineapples :) Siting and relaxing in the lounge was nice too!

blreinsel

Original Poster
We have officially hit double digits!!!!! How is it here already? Definitely doing the double digit dance today. :D

Also, my boyfriend (who is a Disney virgin) has given me the go-ahead to plan our first trip together for summer 2017. YES!!! I'm slowly but surely converting him. ;) And that just means leaving the World this year won't be as difficult because I'll have pre-feelings again!

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Just noticed you are at the 100 day mark! Almost time to do the double digit dance!!!! So excited for you!! :)

Dancing my little heart out as we speak! :p

Almost in double digits! My sister and I had the dining plan on our trip and we really liked it. We'd never done it before so I wasn't sure, but we were glad we did it.

Double digit dance all over the house today! :D I'm really excited to give it a try! I think we're going to love it.

Just wanted to add to the resort hopping question! We really liked the Lapu Lapus at the Polynesian *the drinks in the pineapples :) Siting and relaxing in the lounge was nice too!

I've read a lot about those and definitely want to try one, if for no other reason than it comes in a pineapple. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom