The Pretty Good Movie ride

GoofyMike29

Original Poster
I heard that Disney would update the Great Movie every so often replacing the movies that the ride shows, is that at all true?

BradleyJ

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
I heard that Disney would update the Great Movie every so often replacing the movies that the ride shows, is that at all true?

Ive' noticed they seem to update the "Movie Clip Finale" about every 2 or 3 years or so.

GoofyMike29

Original Poster
when I was just there last week I noticed that too, it was pretty sweet. But I would like to know if the actual ride would be updated.

MajinBuu

Question about the "Movie Clip Finale"

Anyone thats been on GMR recently, do you remember if Freddy is still part of the Finale? I get (or got?) chills everytime i saw him pop up on the screen with that laugh of his!!

LONG LIVE THE NIGHTMARES!! LoL :p

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I seem to remember a while back there was some fairly firm info that the ride would be completely overhauled. I can't remember the details, but I think it may have been something that would be more like Universal's Spider-Man ride.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
There have been a lot of rumors going around at GMR.....none have proven to be more than theories..everything from addition and changing of the movies to the removal of the ride.

My thinking is that it'll be there for awhile, at the least :)

kaos

Here's one attraction that would not be missed if it was replaced.

I only go on with hopes of getting a hot tour guide.:p :p

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by kaos
Here's one attraction that would not be missed if it was replaced.

I only go on with hopes of getting a hot tour guide.:p :p

I'd miss it! (Unless they make it better, of course, which is most likely what they would do :) )

I have heard rumors a while ago about putting a James Bond ride in there, As much as I like James Bond, and the idea of a ride with him, I wouldn't like to see that replace the GMR. I'd rather see a ride similar to the original, going through a variety of new and classic movies, instead of just one.

GoofyMike29

Original Poster
I just feel that whith a ride like that you would be able to expand and create something a little more magical. There a plenty of movies that are "Great" and that are suitable for this attraction. I am sad that I do not see the movies that actually deserve to be in a ride titled "the Great Movie Ride"

cymbaldiva

I hope they keep GMR! :) Actually, it would be so kewl if they kept it and updated every year to include new films! Yeah, I know - I'm dreamin'!

wyattkelly

I love the Great Movie Ride, but it needs to be enhanced to keep it fresh. I want to see more of the fantastic movies out there, like Tombstone (a disney film), Saving Private Ryan, Gone with the Wind, For a few dollars More, and any other number of films. Perhaps a scene from Star Wars? Disney seems to have a good relationship with George Lucas.

Steveo83

I think it would be sad if the "replaced" the movies. I mean which would go and which would stay. If they do anything to the GMR it should be a completely new revamped and different GMR even better than the first with ALL new scenes.

GoofyMike29

Original Poster
Originally posted by disneyisbest
I heard that after the last rehab that the aliens scene was changed a little bit. Does anyone know if this is true?

Absolutely nothing changed in the Alien sequence...and for the ride as a whole

Teamdisney

GMR

Actually the alien sequence was changed quite sometime ago. The large alien that comes dwon from the ceiling used to come down a lot farther, but we felt that it was just to intense for smaller guests.

Yes the GMR needs a complete overhaul, but don't look for it happening for sometime, we still have to get Space up and running.

BradleyJ

Re: GMR

Originally posted by Teamdisney
Actually the alien sequence was changed quite sometime ago. The large alien that comes dwon from the ceiling used to come down a lot farther, but we felt that it was just to intense for smaller guests.

Plus the whole sequence used to be much darker. They have added so much extra light it really takes away fromo the entire scene.

It ised to be that just about the only light were from the flashing lights and strobes.

Now they have the whole thing fairly brightly lit, it ruined the scene.

meanmice

I feel that the added light to the Alein scene took away from it's spooky feeling.

I agree that the ride as a whole needs to be brought up to date. The scenes are strting to look agen, especially the anamatronic people. I would like to see some newer movies added, but at the same time i don't want to part with many of the old ones. I wouldn't mind seeing it like the spiderman ride, but i have always known it as it is and it might be too much of a change for me.

As far as the rumors go, there have been so many rumors of changes to that ride that have been going around for so long that I find it hard to believe most of them anymore. And while, we're on the subject, the plane in the caseblanca scene is not the original plane from the movie, but I'm sure most of you knew that already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom