The power of this forum

SMRT-1

Original Poster
Do you think this forum has any impact on the development of future Walt Disney World projects?

Discuss...

Philo

Yes... and no...

Certainly Disney will look at what people are saying and take advice based upon it. However, large orgaisations also have a very well laid out and clear direction they want to go in.

The power of this board might prompt for a refurb but it's unlikly to bring back AE!

Remember that Disney are also aware that we make up a very, very small percentage of their visitors and as much as we love CoP, TTA etc, they know full well that most guests just don't care.

Jasonflz

Maybe. Look at SSC. Honestly though, probably not. What does Disney care about whaat the fans think. They probably hate all of us anyway.

DocMcHulk

Disney needs to balance the views/ideas of hard core fans like us, and the average visitor.

I think we would be fooling ourselves if companies/organizations didnt check out forums/message boards/websites devoted to them to see fan reactions. But, I doubt they are scanning the boards for ideas. Maybe some minor feedback, but if they feel CoP needs to go so they can put in an attraction that 90% of the visitors would rather have, it'll be gone.

Figment632

No the on real evidence I have ever witnessed was the anti wand people on this site. I really can't think of anything else to prove that it had any impact.

For example SGE still is here.
Most people complain about TL and they expand FL.
SSE desent
Monorail extension

These are all things that 90% of people complain about and there is no change.

GymLeaderPhil

mt1131522328.jpg

You don't know the power of this forum.

daliseurat

Yes, these forums have an impact. From those I've spoken with on the inside, lots and lots of people read and report on these and many other forums to get a sense of what the reactions are to things. Now understand that these forums are not representative of the HUGE mass audience out there, and that these forums are posted on by mostly hardcore fans. From our perspective, the impacts are tiny. But large forum discussions spark discussions on the inside. Doesn't mean we can change anything. And if you think complaints of TOAD being taken out and replaced with POOH are going to bring it back, it won't. A very good example is RANDY THORNTON, who's in charge of all those great music CDs with music from the parks. He is an avid board watcher and has used them to get a sense of what the folks buying these cd's might want. He even frequently responds to questions online.

EPCOTPluto

daliseurat: Magic Music, then? I have been there, and he does explain some music facts over there.

And in some ways, yes. This forum, among others do have some sort of power. Remember Celebration 25? :animwink: :lol:

daliseurat

I guess that would depend on what sort of impact you mean. If a forum discussion is brought up at all, it is having an impact by virtue of forum opinion being brought up inside the Disney walls. The impact could simply be that they don't care, or that it confirms what they thought, or that perhaps they should consider a different option. Recently plans for revamped FANTASYLAND have leaked out to the various forums. Lots of speculation and opinions are swirling. You can bet Mouse Ears are carefully listening to the chatter. Will it change anything? No way to tell. But it's very likely that that that set of plans was leaked on purpose to judge reactions. And whether online discussion changes any or all of it, we'll never know for sure. And really, if one creative person inside the company reads these forums and is touched by a discussion at all, you can believe that it will affect some aspect of his/her work at some point.

Celebration 25! Wish I could have been there!

Phonedave

A very good example is RANDY THORNTON, who's in charge of all those great music CDs with music from the parks. He is an avid board watcher and has used them to get a sense of what the folks buying these cd's might want. He even frequently responds to questions online.

That makes sense. People who buy park music CD's are most likely "fans" as well as the people that are on these type of boards. The board population most likely comprimises a significant portion of the market for park music CD's.

As far as AC / SGE / SSE et al is concerened, these boards represent a minority of the market base. A very vocal and strongly opinionated minority, but still a minority.

-dave

Jasonflz

A very good example is RANDY THORNTON, who's in charge of all those great music CDs with music from the parks. He is an avid board watcher and has used them to get a sense of what the folks buying these cd's might want. He even frequently responds to questions online.

I have talked to him from time to time and I have to say, he is a great person. He cares alot about what the fans want. He has very good responses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom