The Peter Pan ride in TDL vs. TDS

PiratesMansion

They could keep the ride system and type, but just change the theme like they did for HKDL (just not Ant Man).
They certainly could, it would just surprise me. It seems to be holding its own over there for the time being, something that I'm not really sure was true of the HKDL Buzz.

A Stitch overlay doesn't actually seem super farfetched, now that I think about it. Stitch Encounter is already right across the midway too (and probably about time to pull Stitch from the Tiki Room).

Animaniac93-98

They certainly could, it would just surprise me. It seems to be holding its own over there for the time being, something that I'm not really sure was true of the HKDL Buzz.

A Stitch overlay doesn't actually seem super farfetched, now that I think about it. Stitch Encounter is already right across the midway too (and probably about time to pull Stitch from the Tiki Room).

I'd like them to bring back the original Tiki Room. TDL hasn't had it since the 90s.

G.L.A.D.I.O

They could keep the ride system and type, but just change the theme like they did for HKDL (just not Ant Man).
If I'm not mistaken, Ant-Man : Nano Battle is exclusive to HK. Besides I'm not sure if TDR is allowed to use the MARVEL brand in its parks. At best they are allowed to use all the MARVEL characters except those featured in the Spider-man attraction. Unlike WDW they wouldn't be limited to Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, Eternals and Ant-Man. They already have Big Hero 6 and as for Star Wars, adding MCU attractions would add millions of dollars in royalties hence the use of the star tours logo on most Star Wars products. But like Pandora, OLC will wait until Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S is finished before deciding if they want to use it as inspiration for their parks.

PiratesMansion

If I'm not mistaken, Ant-Man : Nano Battle is exclusive to HK. Besides I'm not sure if TDR is allowed to use the MARVEL brand in its parks. At best they are allowed to use all the MARVEL characters except those featured in the Spider-man attraction. Unlike WDW they wouldn't be limited to Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, Eternals and Ant-Man. They already have Big Hero 6 and as for Star Wars, adding MCU attractions would add millions of dollars in royalties hence the use of the star tours logo on most Star Wars products. But like Pandora, OLC will wait until Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S is finished before deciding if they want to use it as inspiration for their parks.
I know USJ has the rights to Spider-man but I'm not sure what the rights situation is for Marvel in general.

The impression I have is that OLC isn't particularly interested in Marvel. At any rate, kawaii sells far better in Japan than superheroes.

Ant Man certainly isn't something that anyone should be looking to bring anywhere else even when the HK exclusivity contract is over.

Toni25

I know USJ has the rights to Spider-man but I'm not sure what the rights situation is for Marvel in general.

The impression I have is that OLC isn't particularly interested in Marvel. At any rate, kawaii sells far better in Japan than superheroes.

Ant Man certainly isn't something that anyone should be looking to bring anywhere else even when the HK exclusivity contract is over.
I'd see OLC bring Bambi 🦌 to the Parks rather than Marvel 😅

Justinate

The Neverland theming looks impressive (although I'm skeptical about sightlines to the other areas of Fantasy Springs and - especially - the huge new hotel), and I'm sure the new ride will be something unique - unlike the Pixie Hollow ride, which sounds like it will be a flat ride.

But I can't help wishing they had not used up all of this large expansion pad. They could've done a lot more, surely, than just four rides. Did they really need a new in-park hotel? And couldn't some of this stuff (especially Neverland, which is semi-tropical) fit into the pad where Glacier Bay/Arendelle was originally slated to go, adjoining Lost River Delta (also tropical)?

No Name

The Neverland theming looks impressive (although I'm skeptical about sightlines to the other areas of Fantasy Springs and - especially - the huge new hotel), and I'm sure the new ride will be something unique - unlike the Pixie Hollow ride, which sounds like it will be a flat ride.

But I can't help wishing they had not used up all of this large expansion pad. They could've done a lot more, surely, than just four rides. Did they really need a new in-park hotel? And couldn't some of this stuff (especially Neverland, which is semi-tropical) fit into the pad where Glacier Bay/Arendelle was originally slated to go, adjoining Lost River Delta (also tropical)?
That land was essential for the third gate, DisneySky!

In all seriousness I’m wondering if they’ll connect the two parks through the adjacent fantasy lands, for people on park hopper days to use.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm sure they'll keep Peter Pan's Flight in Disneyland, much like they didn't move Star Tours for Galaxy's Edge. I bet it's very expensive and time consuming to move an entire ride and there has been no mention of it.
It doesn't help (or maybe it does help) that Galaxy's Edge is based mainly around the later trilogy (Episodes 7-9) and not the original trilogy (or even the prequel trilogy).

Dear Prudence

I legitimately hate both the Peter Pan film and the PPF (including its evil line), and I was still absolutely in love with and moved to tears by footage of the Shanghai version.

Dear Prudence

Tell us why? I’ve never heard of anyone who hate either.
I am Native, and I think everything about it is just...the worst, lol. On top of that, Peter himself is such an insufferable jerk (he ditches his ride or die Tink for some girl he's been stalking???). I don't understand the appeal of it at all (I admit like Tick Tock and Nana, though, hahaha). I don't have any nostalgia for it, it just makes me hugely uncomfortable. The PPF attraction for me has always been just a time-sucking annoyance, because every trip, that's the one ride everyone wants to go on and that's 35-45 minutes where I could be doing something else. All of this is why I was so surprised to be so moved and impressed by the Shanghai version! It's the perfect blend of practical effects and screens, it tells the narrative consummately, and it's just stunningly beautiful. The sets are incredible. (does that make sense? lol)

PiratesMansion

I'm on board with calling Shanghai's Peter Pan the best version of the existing rides. The perfect updating of a classic.

That said, I'm happy I'm not the only one who's never really been on board with Disney's Peter Pan. I've never enjoyed the movie for many of the reasons stated above. I don't dislike the ride, but it has got to be the most overhyped thing on the face of the planet and I avoid it unless it's a walk-on.

I'm sure, given that, that it's likely an uphill battle for me personally to be won over by whatever TDS is doing with their new PP attraction unless they're going to build something that surpasses Shanghai Pirates in scope and quality. I would like to believe that's possible, but they just built the horrific Super Mario Bros Toy Story Hotel and an apparently disappointing BATB attraction, so...

EPCOTCenterLover

I am Native, and I think everything about it is just...the worst, lol. On top of that, Peter himself is such an insufferable jerk (he ditches his ride or die Tink for some girl he's been stalking???). I don't understand the appeal of it at all (I admit like Tick Tock and Nana, though, hahaha). I don't have any nostalgia for it, it just makes me hugely uncomfortable. The PPF attraction for me has always been just a time-sucking annoyance, because every trip, that's the one ride everyone wants to go on and that's 35-45 minutes where I could be doing something else. All of this is why I was so surprised to be so moved and impressed by the Shanghai version! It's the perfect blend of practical effects and screens, it tells the narrative consummately, and it's just stunningly beautiful. The sets are incredible. (does that make sense? lol)
Thank you for explaining.

Dear Prudence

I'm on board with calling Shanghai's Peter Pan the best version of the existing rides. The perfect updating of a classic.

That said, I'm happy I'm not the only one who's never really been on board with Disney's Peter Pan. I've never enjoyed the movie for many of the reasons stated above. I don't dislike the ride, but it has got to be the most overhyped thing on the face of the planet and I avoid it unless it's a walk-on.

I'm sure, given that, that it's likely an uphill battle for me personally to be won over by whatever TDS is doing with their new PP attraction unless they're going to build something that surpasses Shanghai Pirates in scope and quality. I would like to believe that's possible, but they just built the horrific Super Mario Bros Toy Story Hotel and an apparently disappointing BATB attraction, so...
I just can't deal with that line! I get so grouchy having to what feels like wasting so much time being stuck in the PPF line while the other attractions have none. 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom