• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Peter Pan ride in TDL vs. TDS

PiratesMansion

They could keep the ride system and type, but just change the theme like they did for HKDL (just not Ant Man).
They certainly could, it would just surprise me. It seems to be holding its own over there for the time being, something that I'm not really sure was true of the HKDL Buzz.

A Stitch overlay doesn't actually seem super farfetched, now that I think about it. Stitch Encounter is already right across the midway too (and probably about time to pull Stitch from the Tiki Room).

Animaniac93-98

They certainly could, it would just surprise me. It seems to be holding its own over there for the time being, something that I'm not really sure was true of the HKDL Buzz.

A Stitch overlay doesn't actually seem super farfetched, now that I think about it. Stitch Encounter is already right across the midway too (and probably about time to pull Stitch from the Tiki Room).

I'd like them to bring back the original Tiki Room. TDL hasn't had it since the 90s.

G.L.A.D.I.O

They could keep the ride system and type, but just change the theme like they did for HKDL (just not Ant Man).
If I'm not mistaken, Ant-Man : Nano Battle is exclusive to HK. Besides I'm not sure if TDR is allowed to use the MARVEL brand in its parks. At best they are allowed to use all the MARVEL characters except those featured in the Spider-man attraction. Unlike WDW they wouldn't be limited to Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, Eternals and Ant-Man. They already have Big Hero 6 and as for Star Wars, adding MCU attractions would add millions of dollars in royalties hence the use of the star tours logo on most Star Wars products. But like Pandora, OLC will wait until Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S is finished before deciding if they want to use it as inspiration for their parks.

PiratesMansion

If I'm not mistaken, Ant-Man : Nano Battle is exclusive to HK. Besides I'm not sure if TDR is allowed to use the MARVEL brand in its parks. At best they are allowed to use all the MARVEL characters except those featured in the Spider-man attraction. Unlike WDW they wouldn't be limited to Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, Eternals and Ant-Man. They already have Big Hero 6 and as for Star Wars, adding MCU attractions would add millions of dollars in royalties hence the use of the star tours logo on most Star Wars products. But like Pandora, OLC will wait until Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S is finished before deciding if they want to use it as inspiration for their parks.
I know USJ has the rights to Spider-man but I'm not sure what the rights situation is for Marvel in general.

The impression I have is that OLC isn't particularly interested in Marvel. At any rate, kawaii sells far better in Japan than superheroes.

Ant Man certainly isn't something that anyone should be looking to bring anywhere else even when the HK exclusivity contract is over.

Toni25

I know USJ has the rights to Spider-man but I'm not sure what the rights situation is for Marvel in general.

The impression I have is that OLC isn't particularly interested in Marvel. At any rate, kawaii sells far better in Japan than superheroes.

Ant Man certainly isn't something that anyone should be looking to bring anywhere else even when the HK exclusivity contract is over.
I'd see OLC bring Bambi 🦌 to the Parks rather than Marvel 😅

LittleMerman

I'm sure they'll keep Peter Pan's Flight in Disneyland, much like they didn't move Star Tours for Galaxy's Edge. I bet it's very expensive and time consuming to move an entire ride and there has been no mention of it.

Justinate

The Neverland theming looks impressive (although I'm skeptical about sightlines to the other areas of Fantasy Springs and - especially - the huge new hotel), and I'm sure the new ride will be something unique - unlike the Pixie Hollow ride, which sounds like it will be a flat ride.

But I can't help wishing they had not used up all of this large expansion pad. They could've done a lot more, surely, than just four rides. Did they really need a new in-park hotel? And couldn't some of this stuff (especially Neverland, which is semi-tropical) fit into the pad where Glacier Bay/Arendelle was originally slated to go, adjoining Lost River Delta (also tropical)?

egg

The Neverland theming looks impressive (although I'm skeptical about sightlines to the other areas of Fantasy Springs and - especially - the huge new hotel), and I'm sure the new ride will be something unique - unlike the Pixie Hollow ride, which sounds like it will be a flat ride.

But I can't help wishing they had not used up all of this large expansion pad. They could've done a lot more, surely, than just four rides. Did they really need a new in-park hotel? And couldn't some of this stuff (especially Neverland, which is semi-tropical) fit into the pad where Glacier Bay/Arendelle was originally slated to go, adjoining Lost River Delta (also tropical)?
That land was essential for the third gate, DisneySky!

In all seriousness I’m wondering if they’ll connect the two parks through the adjacent fantasy lands, for people on park hopper days to use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom