The Parks Beyond Midnight.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Day Everyone..Heres my question to all you night owls. In my 5 vacations to WDW,Ive yet to stay in the parks beyond midnight.:eek: I know,terrible.But we are up so early that the bird hasn't even had its first worm.But I'am curious on how quiet the parks are,mainly MK, on the extra hours for on site guests.Now we always go in July ( the party season ) So is it worth making the effort,if only just for one night out of our fourteen nights,to stay in MK until the wee hours.:confused:

Aurora1

We normally go during the summer, and have done 9AM to 2AM before. It's a realllyyyyy long day, but so worth it! The parks start to empty out after the fireworks/parades, and you can pretty much walk on to any ride you'd like!

We just did a similar thing last week- went to MK from 9AM to the 11PM close, and by 9:45, after the second MSEP, the park was virtually empty! We had free reign over the whole park, and all of the rides that had 1hour plus waits were walk ons!

disneysince71

It's a 12:00-3:00 a.m. On Fridays and Sundays when we are there! :) We only go at peek seasons so we save MK rides for EMHs. During New Years week it was cold and a little rainy earlier in the night so we had some "park to ourself moments" at 2:30.
Tip... We take a nap around 6:00, and do not enter the parks before 12:00.... As hundreds are
Leaving... We can do all of our favorites in just a couple of hours.... :)

copcarguyp71

The extra hours really are worth it! If you can stay awake until the 'wee hours' you'll be running around the park with barely anyone else. It's quite surreal actually!

Totally agree! We did the MK until 1:30 last October and loved it! It was the first time DD (9) was up for it but she has turned into a park juggernaut and it was tons of fun. I only wish they kept Splash Mountain open for EMH's! We did sleep in until 10 the next morning but I highly recommend trying it at least once. We did MGM until 12AM last trip as well and although it was not past 12 it was equally as fun.

Poofiesdream

Go to opening in the morning. Go back to your resort when it gets really hot during the day. Rest or swim. Go back to the park late afternoon, early evening. In July doing the park will be so much cooler after the sun goes down and those afternoon showers have past by. Crowds are so much lighter too in those extra hours!

We go in September after Labor Day (just in time for first MNSSHP). There's usually a time or two for a 1am or 2am close (DHS especially). It's incredible. Anything past of MV3D is empty, literally. You could scream as loud as you can, no one will hear you. There are NO lines, ever. The only place in the parks at that time of night are inside the shopping areas (Main Street USA is always crowded). You have to try it at least once if you have the opportunity; it's worth it.

CP_alum08

The parks are a blast after midnight but you really need to stay to the end to make it worth while. What I mean is that if you are going to MK for EMH until say 3am the park will still be fairly busy until around 1:30am then it starts to die out. If you can do it it's awesome. Being the last ones out and having Main St. all to yourself is something you'll remember for a long time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom