The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

DinoInstitute

Disney's We only keep this park open for most of the Frozen purposes park?

Disney's Fundraiser of TDO's money stack park?

Disney's that ride is seriously this bad/old park?

Disney's Be nice to Iger and maybe he'll give us Imagineers something to do park?

I thought I would try my hand at this. I'm kidding of course though.....:cautious:

MaryJaneP

We think many here have correctly predicted Disney Movie Kingdom, so it for sure will not be named that.

How about "MGM Strikes Back", or "Disney Half-built Studios", or substitute your choice for "built" in the foregoing name, like "a**ed"?

Also like the DVC references throughout. This park is certainly one of Disney's best kept secrets, for a great reason.

Magenta Panther

Fie upon this! I don't believe it. It'd be too MUCH of a makeover. The park has Hollywood references all over the place - even the shops. What about the Chinese Theater? (I do NOT believe the Great Movie Ride is going anywhere. That is a damn elaborate building and a damn elaborate ride. We all know that TDO is a female dog about spending money on the parks - I find it hard to believe that the same company that wants to slap a Frozen overlay on Maelstrom is willing to completely tear down an iconic and beautiful building like the Chinese Theater and start all over there from scratch.) What about the Hollywood Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror)? There would be altogether too MUCH tear-down and rebuilding necessary to theme the park to something else.

Details, I need details, or I don't believe this rumor. Way too far-fetched. Fie upon it, I say.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Fie upon this! I don't believe it. It'd be too MUCH of a makeover. The park has Hollywood references all over the place - even the shops. What about the Chinese Theater? (I do NOT believe the Great Movie Ride is going anywhere. That is a damn elaborate building and a damn elaborate ride. We all know that TDO is a female dog about spending money on the parks - I find it hard to believe that the same company that wants to slap a Frozen overlay on Maelstrom is willing to completely tear down an iconic and beautiful building like the Chinese Theater and start all over there from scratch.) What about the Hollywood Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror)? There would be altogether too MUCH tear-down and rebuilding necessary to theme the park to something else.

Details, I need details, or I don't believe this rumor. Way too far-fetched. Fie upon it, I say.

I don't know for sure, but I read this as the studio part going away, not the Hollywood part. No chance they gut the front half of the park. Only Jim Hill mentioned the Great Movie Ride going away. Nobody is talking about ToT going anywhere.

Magenta Panther

I don't know for sure, but I read this as the studio part going away, not the Hollywood part. No chance they gut the front half of the park. Only Jim Hill mentioned the Great Movie Ride going away. Nobody is talking about ToT going anywhere.

Oh, I see. Well, the "Studios" part going away makes sense - that bit hasn't been relevant for a long time. Thanks for the info.

DVC91

The only problem is I'm assuming the point of the name change is they want to get rid of the studio part of the name since they are removing the last parts of the "studio park" concept. The Hollywood part of the park is staying.

I mean you have the Animations section of the park, Pixar Place, and soon-to-be Star Wars Land (Lucasfilm). Those are all areas dedicated to studios under the Disney umbrella. As for the "Disney's Studios" idea coinciding with the entrance of the park, well... Therein lies the problem

stevehousse

Should we start a wish list of what we want! LOL

Honestly I don't really care what they do as long as it's worth it and ads more to do there than what they currently have...i am holding out for an Indiana Jones water coaster but that would never happen!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom