The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

Cesar R M

It's all fluid. SWL best guess is 19/20, phase 3 I dare say is not close to that. 4 could be a few years after 3. If it happens.
still wondering why too slow compared to DisneyLand.
I mean, they do not have to build in the middle of the darn active park like in Disneyland.

Phil12

Yes, but why they STILL haven't started on our parking garages is a reasonable question. They certainly don't seem in any rush to fix DHS. 7 months since the announcement...
But look at it this way, a lot of the usual people are going to complain when the Chinese Theater is demolished and replaced with the new park icon. However I think most will be pleased with the new SWL and the new park icon after the improvements.

ToTBellHop

But look at it this way, a lot of the usual people are going to complain when the Chinese Theater is demolished and replaced with the new park icon. However I think most will be pleased with the new SWL and the new park icon after the improvements.
This is the first I've heard of the theatre leaving. That is to say, I think it's staying. There will be a new icon elsewhere. Nothing but space when you are clearing half a park's acreage.

doctornick

Indy would be the elusive 4.0. As I understand/-stood it. The question was whether or not Indy "could" play into DHS's future plans. It could. But we will lose the stunt show, regardless.

You may not know or be able to say, but is Indy being considered as a stand alone land or as part of a bigger concept? And, if the later, what would the concept be?

doctornick

Indy sounds really exciting, but Phase Four....circa 2023? Do they also have plans for Epcot? because it will be a bleeding ulcer by then.

Epcot doesn't need major renovations, not the way DHS does. Updating a few rides and/or putting 1 or 2 new attractions in WoL or existing WS pavilions would do wonders and wouldn't be that costly (yes, it's Disney, so it would be more expensive than it should, but not like the money being directed to DAK and especially DHS).

ToTBellHop

Epcot doesn't need major renovations, not the way DHS does. Updating a few rides and/or putting 1 or 2 new attractions in WoL or existing WS pavilions would do wonders and wouldn't be that costly (yes, it's Disney, so it would be more expensive than it should, but not like the money being directed to DAK and especially DHS).
Epcot needs a series of renovations, not a full rebuild. I could imagine Epcot being spectacular with $1bn.

doctornick

Yes, but why they STILL haven't started on our parking garages is a reasonable question. They certainly don't seem in any rush to fix DHS. 7 months since the announcement...

Agreed. There's progress, but it seems unbelievable slow and I don't understand why the parking changes have not begun (have they and I've missed it?) especially if they are truly going to use part of the existing parking to build SWL.

PizzaPlanet

Yes, the theater is being demolished. That's why they have been refurbishing it, and are using it heavily in the new fireworks show.

gmajew

Premium Member
I find it hard to believe it will take this long for Phase I and II not with it being in a closed section of the park... Work should not be delayed because of park hours... I hope it moves up a year for sure...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom