The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

cheezbat

So within a 200 mile radius we will have Islands of Adventure, Adventure Island (waterpark), Disney's Hollywood Adventure and Sea World Adventure Park.
Actually, it's within about an 80 mile radius. The parks aren't that far apart(Busch Gardens and Adventure Island are literally an hour drive down I-4).

Goofyernmost

Actually, it's within about an 80 mile radius. The parks aren't that far apart(Busch Gardens and Adventure Island are literally an hour drive down I-4).
And three of them would be within about a 5 mile radius. Maybe Home Depot had a sale on lettering to be exclusively used for the word, Adventure! Or perhaps Disney should go out and by a thesaurus.

One of the synonyms for Adventure is Exploit?? Another is happening. Probably more appropriate as in "just what is happening"?

Funmeister

If....IF...Jim HIll is such an authority and claims that Disney will rename Disney-MGM Studios/Disney Hollywood Studios to "Disney's Hollywood Adventure," then why is the web domain still available? I believe the name will be changed per @WDW1974 but not necessarily what Jim HIll is suggesting.

Either Disney (who buys domains like a second hobby) dropped the ball big time ooooorrrrrrrrr that is not the new name.

Also, for those thinking you can buy it up in hopes Disney will offer you big $$$ for it...cyber squatting is against the law. Good luck!

Mike S

If....IF...Jim HIll is such an authority and claims that Disney will rename Disney-MGM Studios/Disney Hollywood Studios to "Disney's Hollywood Adventure," then why is the web domain still available? I believe the name will be changed per @WDW1974 but not necessarily what Jim HIll is suggesting.

Either Disney (who buys domains like a second hobby) dropped the ball big time ooooorrrrrrrrr that is not the new name.

Also, for those thinking you can buy it up in hopes Disney will offer you big $$$ for it...cyber squatting is against the law. Good luck!
You would have to buy both Disney's Hollywood Adventure and Disney Hollywood Adventure. Just to be safe ;)

BrerJon

According to Jim Hill, Hollywood Studios new name will be Disneys Hollywood Adventure

I saw the Frozen show today and noticed the characters refer to the audience as 'citizens of Hollywoodland'... if this show is going into Superstar Theater, and is thus permanent, maybe they've written it to be future proof? Could this be a clue that the new name is Disney's Hollywoodland?

Mike S

I saw the Frozen show today and noticed the characters refer to the audience as 'citizens of Hollywoodland'... if this show is going into Superstar Theater, and is thus permanent, maybe they've written it to be future proof? Could this be a clue that the new name is Disney's Hollywoodland?
I thought the same thing when I saw the fireworks.

RSoxNo1

I'd say no, because the original run for the show never meant to extend through the name change. I suspect it has more to do with "Citizens of Disney's Hollywood Studios" sounding stupid.

Mike S

No. It's a reference to the original sign in Hollywood which back in the day read "Hollywoodland." Somewhere along the way it lost the "land" part of the sign.
Oh I know. It's just that the thought of the new park name came to my mind when I heard it.

Goofyernmost

Has anyone seen the last couple of TV spots, "Come visit Disney Parks." "You havn't seen Disney Parks like this" I can only infer they are renaming each to Disney Parks.
OK, simple language lesson here... Disney has multiple parks. As much as we would love, I'm sure, that our favorite one be singled out in multimillion dollar ad campaigns, that would be a foolish waste of money. So they are grouped together to form "Disney Parks". Meaning no matter which one you choose they are all wonderful and you'll love them. Simpler explanation... no matter what Disney Park you go to, be it Disneyland, DCA, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disneyland Paris, etc, etc, every one of them ARE Disney Parks. They are not separate entities in the sense of influence, they are all either owned or identified as Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom