Trip Report The ONE with the Sisters

Hi Magicians!
Currently….
E6CC3281-B9F6-457B-8DB4-E9FB60FFA849.jpeg

More later.

I think it might rain. Imagine that☔😞

Songbird76

After poutine and Moosehead we had margaritas and the three amigos, er Caballeros in Mexico.
The Lily for me❤️
View attachment 719926
Then we had something from Norway. They were out of the Aass Pilsner so I got the cranberry vanilla slushie drink.
View attachment 719927
Then we walked around the China pavillion looking at the zodiac animals and seeing what animal our loved ones are.
X was the rabbit.
View attachment 719936
We had dumplings and cream cheese wontons from the China festival booth. I dislike both. X inhaled it all. 😂 I also got the cherry blossom beer I got last month that I liked so much. 👍
View attachment 719929
Then it was 1:00
View attachment 719928

I have no pictures of Germany. We were hungry but I forbade X from getting a pretzel. We got a couple beers and sat on a bench overlooking the now Ursula/taco free lagoon. A couple of cute kids came over and sat right down next to us. Their parents and two more siblings were not far behind. I asked the kids what they had seen and their favorites. Epcot was their first park and none of the children had ever been to wdw. The youngest (maybe 4yo) asked me, “where’s Mickey Mouse?”
“Well, do you want the Disney answer or the real world answer?” The Mom yelled Disney. “He is at Magic Kingdom, I said.”
She told me good answer but they left right after that.

Then Italy:
View attachment 719930
Fried Ravs and
  • Italian Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila – $12.00

America for gumbo and blackberry moonshine. X had a beer.
View attachment 719931
View attachment 719932
Then Japan and a super long line. There was a large group, I counted 26 at this stop, but there were more. They were in green tshirts and celebrating two peoples 21st birthdays. We were stuck behind them in line.
View attachment 719934
I had wanted a Kirin but I got the violet sake. What is wrong with me? Why havent I ever had this before. It was delicious. Then we meandered up the bridge and past the koi ponds and there is a seating area up there. And a tiny bathroom. You know how I like Disney bathrooms. And it was empty…
View attachment 719933
But blah.
The fried ravioli and the violet sake...are those food booths from the festival? Or might I be able to get them when I'm there in August?

sheriffwoody

The fried ravioli and the violet sake...are those food booths from the festival? Or might I be able to get them when I'm there in August?
I think the ravioli is a festival item, but they used to have violet sake at the booth right outside mitsukoshi in that courtyard-ish area (Garden House?). If it’s at the festival booth now, it might not be at the permanent spot anymore 😩

k8einwdw

I think the ravioli is a festival item, but they used to have violet sake at the booth right outside mitsukoshi in that courtyard-ish area (Garden House?). If it’s at the festival booth now, it might not be at the permanent spot anymore 😩
The Violet Sake is in the tiny building outside, kind of near Teppan Edo. @sheriffwoody I think you’re right, I’m pretty sure it’s called Garden House. The line can get a little long there, but it’s so worth it!

Songbird76

The Violet Sake is in the tiny building outside, kind of near Teppan Edo. @sheriffwoody I think you’re right, I’m pretty sure it’s called Garden House. The line can get a little long there, but it’s so worth it!
Thanks! I might have to try it. It sounds interesting. I'm sad about the ravioli though. I LOVE fried ravioli. I miss it... It doesn't exist here, so I was hoping to get my fix while I was in the US.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
@sheriffwoody and @k8einwdw are both correct. Violet Sake is a permanent item in the booth opposite the big stairs. And the ravioli are not worth it so you are not missing anything.

Billy6

The first time I met @Billy6 , he recognized me on the boat dock to the wilderness lodge and approached me. I swear X jumped in front of me putting himself between me and the dangerous billy6😂
Well, if I recall, you ran at me with open arms and my wife jumped between us and said "how do you know my man".... 😂

Kidding.... I have met some former members (Magicians, @wdisney9000 ) and my wife was a bit weirded out but it's the thing now...Meeting people on line...If I met you all on Craig's List, then I'd worry....

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well, if I recall, you ran at me with open arms and my wife jumped between us and said "how do you know my man".... 😂

Kidding.... I have met some former members (Magicians, @wdisney9000 ) and my wife was a bit weirded out but it's the thing now...Meeting people on line...If I met you all on Craig's List, then I'd worry....
Exactly!!!
Although H did give me the eye.
Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
After Japan came Morocco so we could get some good solid food.
Hummus platter and chicken kebobs.
IMG_9545.jpeg

Then we backtracked to our LL at Frozen. No picture came through. I am so over photo pass!

Bonus beverage at the outpost:
IMG_9550.jpeg

Then on to France for our Remy LL. The LL line was pretty long and spilled into the courtyard. A guy and his GF came up and he was like, “what is going on? Why are people just standing here?” He passed us all and went to the front of the line and the CM sent him back. We weren't just milling about, we were on line. The family in front of us were taking a picture of their little boy (see below) and the guy was freaking out. “Who stops to take pictures?!?” Mind you we weren't even moving. But, because I am a beetch, when we did start to move I had X pose for this:
IMG_9551.jpeg

Then France…
  • La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose L’Orange Vodka, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, and white and red cranberry juices – $14.50
  • Croissant au Fromage de Chèvre, Herbes et Ail Rôtie: Croissant with goat cheese, herbs, and roasted garlic – $6.75,
IMG_9552.jpeg

Then our time for our VQ for GotG was called.
IMG_9553.jpeg

X had no clue. In fact he asked me if this was the one with the dinosaurs😂
Not anymore.
IMG_9557.jpeg

Got the best song…everybody wants to rule the world!
And no photo pass photo👎

Zipadeelady

After Japan came Morocco so we could get some good solid food.
Hummus platter and chicken kebobs.
View attachment 720528
Then we backtracked to our LL at Frozen. No picture came through. I am so over photo pass!

Bonus beverage at the outpost:
View attachment 720529

Then on to France for our Remy LL. The LL line was pretty long and spilled into the courtyard. A guy and his GF came up and he was like, “what is going on? Why are people just standing here?” He passed us all and went to the front of the line and the CM sent him back. We weren't just milling about, we were on line. The family in front of us were taking a picture of their little boy (see below) and the guy was freaking out. “Who stops to take pictures?!?” Mind you we weren't even moving. But, because I am a beetch, when we did start to move I had X pose for this:
View attachment 720535

Then France…
  • La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose L’Orange Vodka, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, and white and red cranberry juices – $14.50
  • Croissant au Fromage de Chèvre, Herbes et Ail Rôtie: Croissant with goat cheese, herbs, and roasted garlic – $6.75,
View attachment 720530

Then our time for our VQ for GotG was called.
View attachment 720531
X had no clue. In fact he asked me if this was the one with the dinosaurs😂
Not anymore.
View attachment 720533

Got the best song…everybody wants to rule the world!
And no photo pass photo👎
WHAT!! AGAIN!! Seriously.

Love your photo shoot with X. Screw that guy.

lindawdw

You both certainly enjoyed a lot of drinks and food around the world!!! It was the first F&G Festival that we didn't eat at a lot of booths because it just felt too hot to eat most days! I'm living vicariously through your TR though and enjoying all the pictures! 🤣 🤣 X should definitely be used to you meeting up with magicians by now!🤣

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You both certainly enjoyed a lot of drinks and food around the world!!! It was the first F&G Festival that we didn't eat at a lot of booths because it just felt too hot to eat most days! I'm living vicariously through your TR though and enjoying all the pictures! 🤣 🤣 X should definitely be used to you meeting up with magicians by now!🤣
Magician meet ups freak him out. Even if he has already met them he still considers them strangers from the internet. I guess he has a point.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We walked out of GotG and my phone buzzed. It was a text from Tuvalu
IMG_9604.jpeg

Our last country to visit was England but first some Magicians….
IMG_9564.jpeg

As we are standing there gabbing @Nunu wanders by.
IMG_9572.jpeg

X was freaking out and hungry so we did not stay for long. Tuvalu and Em headed for the front and Nunu and Frank walked us to England. X ordered while I searched for a table.
There are no pictures. We got fish and chips and a beer and started to eat. We love the fish and chips from Epcot’s England but they were off. The fish was greasy. Like really really greasy. The chips were not seasoned and mushy. We couldn't eat it. We were pretty tired but went to explore the back of the England pavilion. There was a band just starting. We sat and listened for a few songs then headed out.

Wow! A.S.S. has serious game when it comes to housekeeping. I was not expecting anything more than a trash empty (my DVC is showing) but the room was spotless. Old and dark and in need of a refurbishment, but spotless.

The next morning we checked out and headed to DS for lunch.
This was the stairwell near our room.
IMG_9575.jpeg

Love the vibe
And this would have been our view if we could open the curtains, which you can’t because people walking by look right in. This is why the room is dark.
IMG_9576.jpeg

We shopped for a bday gift for X’s GF and I noticed something new. Please, fellow magicians, tell me if you have heard this and why it is a thing. When we entered a store, the employees would say WELCOME IN. Welcome in?
I am confused. Why not welcome?
What is with the in?
I tried to google it but did not get what I was looking for.

Lunch at city works
IMG_9581.jpeg

This made me think of you @Laurenciaa😊

IMG_9583.jpeg

I was driving so I had a taste of each but that was it.
IMG_9586.jpeg

Then we headed to Yacht club to say a quick hello to 9000 and drove to Tampa.

Not bad for a last minute trip!

lindawdw

I've never heard of Welcome in either DarStarr but as Tuvalu pointed out that it might be a Southern thing! Love that you got to meet up with @Tuvalu and @Nunu! BTW, I do get how X thinks of all of us as internet strangers because let's face it, we are! I haven't been over to the All Stars in years, and I'm impressed with how nice the grounds look although you do have to keep your curtains closed in the values being that it's a motel type hotel! We love City Works and they have quite the beer selection there! You really accomplished so much on this quick getaway, and I always am so entertained by your writing...so thank you once again!
Thank U GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom