The One Sentence Competition Retrospectives: Seasons 1-8

Disney Warrior

"August - Lazy Day (yes this is a real holiday): Create a new mini-land like Ratatouille's in Walt Disney Studios Paris. With one E-ticket, one shop and one restaurant, create for WDSP a “must visit” fully-themed addition. The one caveat: You cannot use any properties which presently have a ride in any Disney park."
I know this might technically stretch the definition of ip not used at a Disney park but I propose an Encanto mini-area with a casita e ticket darkride and shops and restaurants

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I propose an aliens land, like alien the movie. It would be themed to the home planet of the xenomorghs as the earth government has set up a base. This land includes a big budget rollercoaster through the planet and in space, a canteen, and a gift shop.

Brer Panther

"August - Lazy Day (yes this is a real holiday): Create a new mini-land like Ratatouille's in Walt Disney Studios Paris. With one E-ticket, one shop and one restaurant, create for WDSP a “must visit” fully-themed addition. The one caveat: You cannot use any properties which presently have a ride in any Disney park."
How about something themed to Fantasia? Have a big e-ticket log flume ride based on various segments from the movie climaxing with a climb up Bald Mountain, a Yensid's Workshop gift shop, and a Pastoral Symphony-themed restaurant.

Miru

Kingdom Hearts: the main attraction is a simulator taking you into various Disney worlds, based on Flight of Passage’s system, with interactive elements to fight against the Heartless hordes, while there is also a shop for getting your own Keyblade in the vein of Olivander’s (misc merchandise is also there), plus a restaurant named Olette’s.

For the previous prompt; to celebrate 100 years of Disney Villains (2026), the Hollywood Tower Hotel gains a massive Jafar hat and staff as a nod to the Sorcerer’s Hat, plus a pair of Pete ears as a nod to the Earful Tower.

For the other challenge I missed, place Mr. Toad in England, relatively unchanged from its 70s counterpart.

cdunlap

On the comp logo, I noticed this thing. What is it and what is its history on the site?
IMG_3075.jpeg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1SC Retrospective
Season 4, Episode 2 - Around the World in 60 Days

WWn0Xd5n4egO-S0Lzv2GpKo6rhSYrKYCZK9rl9e9BG4XJEmy_NHCqSiW75dIx4e1TOfVIgYuUcCj8jgQ8OtpDE1xBFE69WiKyJvFZmvZN_5s1GLYHDQPge76guG7qFfuTJr6y1FS

Hosted by: @Disneylover152 and @DisneyForever
Started on: March 9th, 2018
Won by: @DisneyFan18

Season 4 continued with the first (and so far only) Episode with 2 co-hosts!

This episode was hosted by @Disneylover152 and @DisneyForever together! There has been a few Episodes where the game has been passed to a new host mid-Episode or the host is using a plan set up by someone who had to step down before the season started, but this is the only time (Unless I missed it) where two people hosted together! (There has been times it happened as schedules change and new hosts take over or help out or handle the bonuses but not the main game, but this is the only Episode with 2 full co-hosts at the same time as a planned thing). Often @Disneylover152 took the lead as the public face, but behind the scenes they worked together every step of the way!

The tag team approach allowed them to be a bit more ambitious with what they could do as hosts. Things like an expansion of a Dundies style awards show and including a bit of simple storytelling!

This Episode's theme was about an around the world journey. Very simple, but well executed. usually having little asides about how we travel to each new destination and the order of parks we visited fit into a logical travel itinerary.

The Episode kept the same basic 1-3 Sentences, 1 picture format. Bonuses were one sentence each on a separate, simple prompt in the same park.

There was some occasional downsides that came with the 2 hosts. Reviews and results sometimes had to be delayed a bit waiting for the two hosts to be able to chat. But these were minor issues and they made sure to keep the new prompts coming regularly even if other things were delayed. So, the rhythm was rarely broken and the Episode ran smoothly!

An interesting thing that popped up this Episode was a trend of players setting their own personal themes for the season. @AceAstro started it with deciding to use, what else, Muppets for every round. @pix did an original drawing for each round. @D Hulk went IP free wherever possible. And I used Figment in every round (other than the few I missed). These self imposed guidelines lead to some really crazy and goofy projects like a Muppets Action Stunt Show (How awesome would that be!) and Journey into Imagination with Bleamfinder and Bligment (the prompt was to redo imagination without figment, so I had to improvise).

1522878981520-png.275332

This was another incredibly solid and well handled Episode of the game with a lot of fun and unique flourishes that helped give this Episode its own distinct personality and charm. I hope to try and develop my own unique style too as we head into the future!

Check out the 2nd Episode of the 4th Season here!

As a Discussion Question for today, let's look at my favorite prompt from Season 4, Episode 2!

"CHALLENGE 4: Revamp the Imagination Pavilion, creating something entirely new. And before you bring back the original Journey into Imagination ride, you have to know the rules. There are 2 rules. The first is that whatever you add to the pavilion CAN NOT INCLUDE FIGMENT OR DREAMFINDER (or Bleamfinder & Bligment) and the second is that the pavilion must still revolve around Imagination. But other than that, you can include whatever you want! Simulators, roller coasters, dark rides, whatever! Fully revamp this pavilion without Figment, but keeping the Imagination theme."

Disney Warrior

"CHALLENGE 4: Revamp the Imagination Pavilion, creating something entirely new. And before you bring back the original Journey into Imagination ride, you have to know the rules. There are 2 rules. The first is that whatever you add to the pavilion CAN NOT INCLUDE FIGMENT OR DREAMFINDER (or Bleamfinder & Bligment) and the second is that the pavilion must still revolve around Imagination. But other than that, you can include whatever you want! Simulators, roller coasters, dark rides, whatever! Fully revamp this pavilion without Figment, but keeping the Imagination theme."
I’m gonna be like Iger again: retheme to Bing Bong and the memory stuff from inside out

cdunlap

Egyptian Mythology Pavilion. Egypt, much like the Imagination Pavilion, has pyramids and mythology is very much in the realm of imagination. The ride focuses on the Egyptian underworld as it's an interactive dark ride where guests say spells from the Egyptian Book of the Dead!

Brer Panther

The hosts are now Gonzo, Rizzo and Pepe, using some sort of invention from Muppet Labs to travel through Gonzo's imagination.

In the Parks
No
CHALLENGE 4: Revamp the Imagination Pavilion, creating something entirely new. And before you bring back the original Journey into Imagination ride, you have to know the rules. There are 2 rules. The first is that whatever you add to the pavilion CAN NOT INCLUDE FIGMENT OR DREAMFINDER (or Bleamfinder & Bligment) and the second is that the pavilion must still revolve around Imagination. But other than that, you can include whatever you want! Simulators, roller coasters, dark rides, whatever! Fully revamp this pavilion without Figment, but keeping the Imagination theme.
A new dark ride that is supposed to be a tour of the human brain (you shrink down in a preshow—Body Wars tribute), but the car enters a portal into the imagination, at which point the dark ride becomes suspended (a la Peter Pan) for a trip around fantastical sites in the imagination, before returning to reality.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Imaginative Animation of the Nine Old Men; a tribute to Disney’s most famous animation experts of all time, a trip through the Disney studio and its history of imagination, the imagination that powered the Nine Old Men.
I really love this idea! It harkens back to the old "Cinema Pavilion" concept developed for Epcot way back when that grew into the idea of MGM Studios. A look back at the company's history and the imagination found in classic Disney is a great angle to take

I’m gonna be like Iger again: retheme to Bing Bong and the memory stuff from inside out
Inside Out is absolutely not a bad idea. It would work great in this spot!

Egyptian Mythology Pavilion. Egypt, much like the Imagination Pavilion, has pyramids and mythology is very much in the realm of imagination. The ride focuses on the Egyptian underworld as it's an interactive dark ride where guests say spells from the Egyptian Book of the Dead!
Oooooo a really interesting take linking myths to imagination. Feels a bit more like a World Showcase idea than a World Celebration idea, but it is a really interesting angle to approach this from that could lead to something truly incredible

The hosts are now Gonzo, Rizzo and Pepe, using some sort of invention from Muppet Labs to travel through Gonzo's imagination.
Honestly this is exactly what I would do. Muppets really would fit so well in this spot and could be used to really hone in on a modern version of Epcot

Join Mag, a girl born into a poor but loving family (her parents tell her that she can go anywhere—if she can just imagine), and her dog Nap as they explore ancient Egypt, medieval France, modern day Antarctica, and walk on an alien planet with other rational beings (among other places).
Love seeing how much depth and passion there clearly is with this concept. You only wrote one sentence, but it is clear that there's a whole story in your head. This would be a really cool angle to take for this!

A new dark ride that is supposed to be a tour of the human brain (you shrink down in a preshow—Body Wars tribute), but the car enters a portal into the imagination, at which point the dark ride becomes suspended (a la Peter Pan) for a trip around fantastical sites in the imagination, before returning to reality.
Love this! The imagination being portrayed as a physical space one can tour through is a fascinating idea that feel quintessentially Disney and quintessentially epcot!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1SC Retrospective
Season 4, Episode 3 - Clash of the Titans

29fd75e0-e4b5-42fe-997a-b4b908420a06-jpeg.289375

Hosted by: @DisneyFan18 (With a lot of help from @spacemt354)
Started on: June 10th, 2018
Won by: @MisterPenguin

Season 4 continued with kiiiiiinnndddd of another cohosted round!

This episode was hosted by @DisneyFan18. Though, due to some real life scheduling issues, DFan didn't have the time to keep hosting the whole season. So, after the first couple of rounds @spacemt354 took over. The prompts were pre-written though, so it was still DFan's Episode. Around the half way point, DFan was able to have more free time again. Space still handled much of the hosting duties, but DFan was able to give his own reviews most rounds and help out.

The theme was Clash of the Titans. A tongue in cheek play on the rivalry between Disney and Universal. The rounds alternated between which company we were working on. And the bonuses also tied directly into this theme. For every Disney round, the bonus was about Universal finding a way to one up what we added to Disney. For every Universal round, it was Disney rushing to rip off their competitor. A fun play on the classic theme park rivalry. It was a theme that stood out more since there had been very few prompts outside of Disney parks in One Sentence history up to this point, so the Universal stuff felt fresh and new!

The Episode kept the same basic 1-3 Sentences, 1 picture, 1 sentence bonus format. No wheel reinvention here, but the bonuses were more tied to the main prompts than almost ever before thanks to the Disney/Universal rivalry theme.

There was some occasional hiccups with Space doing much of the hosting for Dfan's game with confusion over prompts and phrasing. But nothing major.

A lot of this Episodes prompts tended to take more of a blue sky "what if" quality. Or just found ways to be outside the box. Between the addition of a Universal focus and the crazier prompts, this was a very fresh and exciting Episode that stood out even with using the standard format.

This Episode wasn't afraid to think outside the box (And outside the Disney Bubble) and encouraged some really fun ideas! Something to keep in mind as we head into the future!

Check out the 3rd Episode of the 4th Season here!

As a Discussion Question for today, let's look at my favorite prompt from Season 4, Episode 3!

"CHALLENGE 4: Add a Muppet themed attraction to Animal Kingdom!"

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
Muppet Fossil Maddness, a trackless dark ride in Dinoland. This ride takes up the space of the former primeval whirl. We enter into a scientist outpost made by buttson honeydew and beeker. We see the muppets finding fossils and discovering new places, then all of a sudden the fossils come to life. The muppets run away as the fossils chase them through the valleys and fields of the dig site.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Muppet Fossil Maddness, a trackless dark ride in Dinoland. This ride takes up the space of the former primeval whirl. We enter into a scientist outpost made by buttson honeydew and beeker. We see the muppets finding fossils and discovering new places, then all of a sudden the fossils come to life. The muppets run away as the fossils chase them through the valleys and fields of the dig site.
This truly sounds like an absolute blast

Three words: muppets expedition everest
Can't wait for Disco Sweetums :p

Some sort of show in the Tree of Life about conservation, hosted by the Muppets.
This shows the strength of the muppets. Any other IP I would think this either sounds boring or needs more detail to help me imagine it/convince me it wouldn't be boring. But the Muppets? Yeah this is all you need I get it and I can see it perfectly lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom