The One Resort That Will Always hold That SPECIAL spot in Your Heart! YOUR FAVORITE R

MIKETFROMRI

Family has stayed at many, many resorts over the years. Still a few we havent ( GF,Saratoga,..thats it!) but the one that will always be our favorite, although now its tougher to afford, is definitly The Polynesian.
To us, being one of the "original" 2 resorts at WDW and where we stayed for our honeymoon..it will alays hold a special spot in our hearts for many other reasons.
1...for reasons stated previously ( Honeymmon)
2...One of Original Resorts
3...Location, Location....Best view of Magic Kingdom, especially on the beach
4...Bay Lake....something bout serenity of Bay Lake that is so nice
5...Captain Cooks...yes capt Cooks...we have so many memories of late night snacks,ice cream etc there when kids were young
6...Monorail....PERFECT...5 minutes to MK....nice loop ride too
7...Memories of kids dancing on stage(hoola) at Mickeys Tropical Revue
8...The calmness of the south pacific music softly playing throughout..ahhh
9... LOVE the boat ride to MK...one of our favorite modes of transportation

NOW...IF WE COULD ONLY AFFORD TO GO BACK !!!!!!!

bullsforthewin

Polynesian for two reasons...when i went on a trip in 2000 for my grammar school graduation with three other families we all stayed there for 14 days and had so much fun and it is still the best vacation i have ever had.

Second reason was that i worked there and i loved every minute of it

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

Have always loved the Grand Floridian, since I was first going to the world as a small child. Love it even more that I have the opportunity to visit each year. It is my new home away from home, one week a year :)

Upvote 0

Monorail Lime

Polynesian is my favorite resort to visit though I have never actually stayed there and have no real desire to. I adore everything about the 70s campy Tiki theme and can spend hours taking in the atmosphere and unbeaten view of the Magic Kingdom and the other lagoon resorts. The table service restaurants are among WDW's best and I also love the sushi counter at Kona cafe which we traditionally visit for early dinner at least once per trip. There's really not much else to say about the Poly that hasn't already been said.

Of the resorts I have actually stayed at, Boardwalk is my favorite primarily due to the convenience of being in walking distance of EPCOT (my favorite park) and also Hollywood Studios. I have nothing against Disney Transportation but I prefer to use my own two feet whenever possible! Boardwalk has the friendliest front desk cast members I have ever encountered and we have never had any troubles checking in or during our stay. We enjoy staying at Boardwalk more than our DVC home resort at Bay Lake Tower which is unfortunate since we could have saved a lot of money by buying Boardwalk at resale had we known better in the beginning.

Upvote 0

Edisto Pluto

Beach Club for me. We have stayed there 12 times since they opened. We have stayed in the summer,fall,Christams,spring and every season is special there. When our 21 year old was three we spent Christmas there the year The Lion King came out. We love the location next to our favorite park Epcot.We love the staff and they always seem to make us feel at home. We really miss Art but the staff is still top drawer. One of my favorite things to do there is to go downstairs early in the morning before my family wakes up. I get a cup of coffee and sit on the porch in a rocking chair and read the paper. The enviroment just seems so quiet and inviting in that place and time. Thanks for queing my memory about our favorite home away from home.

Upvote 0

cslafferty

Our current fav is POFQ. It's small, quiet, and in our price range! But, when life allows us to be able to afford it again, I can't wait to go back to the Contemporary. That's where we stayed for our very first WDW trip - Tower room on the 12th floor with a MK view!! And, walking distance to our fav park!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
My favorite resort is Caribbean beach! I have stayed there 12 times and I love it! The people are always friendly, the rooms are always clean, and the beaches and pools are great! Kids always love it and the adults do to! We will never stay anywhere else. One year we tried the Swan and Dolphin and it just wasn't the same. At the Caribbean e colors are bright and cheerful, the music is peppy and uplifting, and there's nothing that is equivalent to sitting outside old port royal. +-This resort will always hold a special place in my heart! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::):):):)

Upvote 0

Ellie444

The Polynesian would have to be my favorite. I just love the feel of the entrance and the lobby. It's like I'm stepping back in time to when WDW first opened. It also has a great location and an excellent spot to watch wishes.

A close second would be the Boardwalk Inn.

Upvote 0

Disneybird

The resort that will always be special to me is the Contemporary. I stayed there many times in a tower room overlooking the Magic Kingdom, back when those rooms were much more affordable. $56.00 the first time. I have great memories of my oldest daughter crawling to the shop windows and standing up at the age of 10months old. The windows were decorated with Disney characters and I loved the shoppes. We could watch movies in the theater at the game room and get our picture drawn in caricature.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Really hard to narrow down, but two come to mind.
The GF back in it's hey day, because that was the first place I took my wife (then girlfriend) on her first trip to Disney, and then proposed to her years later.

The WL as I love the theming, and my wife and I created our own bit of "magic" there one Christmas. Our "magic" is now a wonderful 6 year old son.:)

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

DIXIE LANDINGS BABY!!! Yes I meant to yell that ! Ok so what is now POR , we stayed there for our honeymoon in 96 and well fell in love with the resort and DIsney!! The grounds are beautiful , the boat ride to and from DTD.. The dining hall , Oh and back when Boatwrights served breakfast which my fav will always be Banana Stuffed french toast!.... Just a great place for a honeymoon and then as a family our girls loved it as well!!! Oh and I can't forget piano man BOB!

Eh, then 10yrs came and went still stayed every year sometimes twice at POR..Then in 06 we became DVC members discovered "the secret" and well thats it! Did go back to POR last Jan for our 15anniversary, it was nice but now i'm spolied!!!

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

This is a tough question. I like many things about many resorts and like to split our stays up between differant resorts.

Contemporary: The location is great to get to MK. Nothing like a 5 minute walk in the early morning to get to the park. Then the grand concourse is wonderful. I like that you do not have to go outside for anything, it is basically just outside your door

Beachclub: The pool is the best. We really enjoy the time jujst floating around the lazy river and our daughter could play on the slide all day. Being able to walk to Epcot and DHS is great. 2 less resort to worry bout transportation to get too. Unfortunately I do like to enter Epcot through the front gate. There is something special about walking up to SSE and listening the background music.

AKLV Kidani: The peacefulness of this resort cannot be found anywhere else in Disney. The pool area is area is great for kids and adults alike and Sanaa is one of the best restaurants in WDW. The only downfall would be the lack of a counter service restaurant. The bar at the pool serves limited food only.

Upvote 0
CBR is my favorite! Love the theming! I am a huge fan (like everyone else here) of the Disney theming that was not created as an obvious tie in to a movie or franchise! Granted, CBR now ties in to POTC, but it wasn't created for that.

Not wanting to get off topic, but reading all of these posts, I feel like so many people have stayed at Deluxe resorts, except me!! I am just curious if there is a good secret to staying there at a decent rate, or do you just have to pony up at least twice as much a night compared to the moderates?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom