Oldest son-X
Middle son and bday boy-AJ
And the youngest son-Dre

November 26-December 1
At.....wait for it...
All Star Sports!

Collective gasp
ā€œBut Darstarr, youā€™re DVC.ā€
Yes I am DVC and we (I) have made good use out of it this year. However, when I went to book this trip there was nothing available. Nothing!!! OK, nothing in my point range. My boys are big and they hate sharing beds and someone always ends up on the floor. One time my youngest slept on the dining table banquet rather than share the pullout with his brother. Itā€™s vacation, no one should have to sleep on the floor. We didnā€™t have enough points left for a two bedroom so I began looking around for a room. I found a room at Riverside that slept 5 for about $250/night. We have done the 5 in a room thing there when the kids were smaller and it was cramped. I was not looking forward to that. Then passholder discounts came out and I got two rooms (TWO) at the original A.S.S. for less than the one room at Riverside. 4 beds and 2 bathrooms!!! SOLD!!!

Lets get to it!

Day one- November 26th
The day started like every other school day except it was AJā€™s 16th birthday so he opened presents before leaving for school.
E93EEC51-E3F0-4A27-AB86-2DD0B0A84E68.jpeg

ā€œMom will you pack my new shirt?ā€
61CE1F41-ADDE-4E75-BD29-54267375475E.jpeg

I was suppose to work this day but I had worked the previous Friday, which is usually my day off, so my boss told me to take the day off. Yay! More time to clean the house.

The five of us were flying down on jet blue from JFK. Four of us were returning to ISP on Southwest. Ant took the dog to his fatherā€™s then took his car to ISP so it would be there when we landed on the 2nd. (we have a free resident parking sticker).

We debated taking the train to JFK but it was way cheaper to hire a car. The kids got gome from school about 2:15, ā€œthe car is here!ā€
What???
The car wasn't suppose to come until 3:00. Ant was like ā€œlets goā€. I was like ā€œdont rush me because if you rush me and I forget something you will be sorry besides he is 45 minutes early so he can waitā€. And yes, I said it just like that, as one long run on sentencešŸ˜€.
We left at 2:30. I didnt forget a thing.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
She certainly didn't have the magic that day! It's so rude when people walk away while you're in mid-sentence about something! :rolleyes: My parents used to have a condo on A1A in North Hutchinson Island but they used to always tell people it was Vero Beach since it was a hop, skip and jump away! It looks like a beautiful day in Epcot!
Yes! Now we could play the game because my sisterā€™s FIL owns some cottages on Hutchinson Island. (I know what you are thinking! ā€œThere are no cottages on Hutchinson Islandā€. Trust me. There are two tiny ones.)

MickeyCB

Thanks
(As she throws out all bikinisšŸ˜‚)
And yes, that lady was so rude.
I've seen your pics in your TR, you could probably still rock a bikini! I was talking about those teenage ones we may or may not have bought when mom wasn't around to approve (and most likely would not have)! šŸ¤£ As you have read in my trip report, I'm pretty sure my darling Seth is payback for the stuff I put my mom through.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Well, let me tell you, I do not rememberšŸ˜‚
I love Kir Royals so I am thinking similar.
Let me check the booklet.....

Booklet says sparkling wine and chambord liqueur.
So they are similar. Kir Royals, technically, are made with creme de cassis.
(I usually use Chambord. I will need to adjust what I call itšŸ„‚)

Gotcha. Then I have seen it over here, but it has been on the menu as Kir Royal (cassis ou framboise).

Spash007

You had boys. šŸ˜‰

And not missing much in my opinion @Darstarr (unlike Christmas Vacation :p). My daughter found it on Disney +, and I thought I remembered it, but maybe just remembered the snowglobe that McDonalds gave out the year it was released. Anywho, I went into it thinking it was cute and fun. Let's just say there's a reason it went straight to video

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I've seen your pics in your TR, you could probably still rock a bikini! I was talking about those teenage ones we may or may not have bought when mom wasn't around to approve (and most likely would not have)! šŸ¤£ As you have read in my trip report, I'm pretty sure my darling Seth is payback for the stuff I put my mom through.
I asked my Dad one day, ā€œwas I a difficult child?ā€ He assured me I wasn't. ā€œThen why? Why do these three torture me?ā€

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
And not missing much in my opinion @Darstarr (unlike Christmas Vacation :p). My daughter found it on Disney +, and I thought I remembered it, but maybe just remembered the snowglobe that McDonalds gave out the year it was released. Anywho, I went into it thinking it was cute and fun. Let's just say there's a reason it went straight to video
Hey!
I watched Christmas Vacation!
TWICE! Thank you very much!!!šŸ˜€

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
November 30 cont

I continued on and soon was here:
A2E682D7-19E9-4972-970A-808574CF06C9.jpeg

A23616B6-1C30-4295-9733-02DC41B67025.jpeg

My boss makes latkes for the holidays (her, now deceased, mother made the BEST! But my boss is getting pretty good too.) Before the trip my boss and I looked over the menus and I told her I would try the latkes to compare. We were also intrigued by the Schmaltz Brewing Company Chanukah Hanukka Pass the Beer. And since I decided to do the cookie trail I got a black and white cookie.
7A7CE7D1-0873-49D6-9CE0-97A175B00F70.jpeg

Lets start with the cookie. Not a fan of black and white cookies to begin with but I think the local King Kullen carries better tasting ones than this.
The beer was, ummm, no thank you.
The potato latke was different then I am used to. I am used to small and crispy like my boss makes. I did like this but it was apples and oranges to the ones I usually eat. (She saved me somešŸ‘The boys found and ate themšŸ‘Ž)

Next I went into the depths of Morocco which I am never allowed to do. Look!Trunk up! I would have bought it but can not wear strapless unless I am trying to look like a line backer.
30C62127-AD93-46C5-AFE5-66F2709F204B.jpeg

I could use a little sweet after that black and white cookie fail!
2296D17A-DBC7-4550-88C4-EB27FC0572BA.jpeg

This was Sfenj: warm beignets with cream, cinnamon sugar and chocolate sauce.
Oh, if only they had been warm....
The drink was The Andalusian ā€œPoinsettiaā€ cocktail: sparkling wine, orange liqueur and cranberry juice topped with orange blossom water.
Wow!!! I have been searching for orange blosom water so I can replicate this drink. At Christmas I totally cheated and used orange juice. Not the samešŸ˜•

These two guys were snoozing minding their own business
90312F36-DCE1-4C93-A183-7AE275E89D1A.jpeg

When this guy came and chased them off.
DE23E82A-1BA9-4D10-924D-EB020B457119.jpeg

Bully!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I can get you some orange blossom extract (if you think it would work). Itā€™s commonly used here in baking so itā€™s sold in the baking section of the grocery store.

lindawdw

I never executed on buying any of the cookies from the cookie trail on my last trip although I had hoped to try the linzer tart one! Sorry the beer wasn't anything special but the latkes actually looks pretty good!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I never executed on buying any of the cookies from the cookie trail on my last trip although I had hoped to try the linzer tart one! Sorry the beer wasn't anything special but the latkes actually looks pretty good!
The latkes were good but had a mashed potato consistency. I have only had them shredded and crispy. It is really just a case of
(sorry) potato potahtošŸ˜€.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Page 18 and I'm finally here šŸ˜œ Enjoying it so far!
Ha ha
I have been watching football and leisurely perusing trip reports and I see the number of alerts growing and growing and growing. I haven't posted anything for awhile so I couldn't figure out what was going on.
@sheriffwoody was binge reading!!!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Welcome Sheriff. Glad you could make itšŸ˜˜

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
November 30 cont

I had made it to Japan and Ant texted me saying he was in the park. I found a bench and waited. It was taking him a loooong time. I texted him, ā€œwhere r u?ā€
ā€œPassing Chinaā€
Me: ā€œY???????ā€
Yep, he went the long way.

When he got there he sat on the bench with me and caught his breath. He used to travel extensively through Asia so I encouraged him to get some food from the booth.
He came back with:
5CA6C68E-00D2-4185-8937-DD8869D7C380.jpeg

New Year Celebration Soba: buckwheat soba noodles in hot dashi soup with vegetable tempura and chopped green onion.
And a Sapporo Draft for mešŸ‘

We sat on our bench and watched the drummers
13ADC473-D969-4808-B652-E4A777F6DA9A.jpeg

(I had Bing Crosby and David Bowieā€™s version of The Little Drummer Boy in my headā€”hey, itā€™s the holidaysšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø)

The boys were on their way so we said we would meet them in Canada.
We stopped to get this
A60A63D0-8B51-44DE-882A-69CC05A8C4E1.jpeg

And Ant got something else but I don't recall what.

We stopped so he could eat.
E24A413A-1773-496D-A1B2-331ABA072216.jpeg

She takes a beautiful picture but I can not remember her name. (Help @DisneyGigi !)
See that empty table? That was my table earlier.

More scenery
F00FD61E-142A-4753-9822-099F1DBE1AD0.jpeg

32FD0769-B33E-4943-AC16-02A2A5613DB9.jpeg

The boys were almost to Canada. They wanted Poutine so got on that line. Can you guess which line I got on???
Here is a hint:
8E81C46D-EC6F-47A5-BD3D-AA8162F9EE40.jpeg

Yes, history was repeating itself and I was in charge of drinks. But would they save me any poutine this time???

@krause @amjt660 @Matt and Kelly and my other Canadian Magicians, I think I have found the only rude Canadian. I told her I had to take this picture for my sonā€™s friend. She sighed an ā€˜I am so over youā€™ kind of sigh. I asked her if she wanted to be in it and she said no, but didn't move. Just got the pout on her face and looked straight ahead.
GET OUT THE WAY THEN!!!!
C48955E8-4820-4CB2-B070-1A91E0ADAB27.jpeg

BTW not one french fry was left. I had them get me the cookie for the stroll. It was the Peppermint Pinwheel cookie and no one wanted any! They must have been too full from the poutinešŸ˜‚
D2789616-28F2-4FA2-867A-F775685E90C5.jpeg

I liked it because it wasnt too sweet. I ate some and put the rest in my 2019 backpackšŸ˜Ž

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
November 30 cont

We had FPā€™s for Soarinā€™. I had two for 1:30-2:30 and 3 for 2:30-3:30 or vice versa so we were hovering at the FP entrance so we could all scan at 2:30. The CM was annoyed. Even after I told him why we were hovering. He rudely said, ā€œyou can tap in 5 minutes early.ā€ If we had tried tapping in 5 minutes he probably would have still made a fuss. At least this one wasn't Canadian!!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
AA5DA85A-ABEE-40CF-839A-C369B17752B6.jpeg

AJ said he was going to take the Skyliner back to Sports and Dre decided to go too. (Remeber AJ takes skyliner to HW then a bus to Sports and that is ā€œtaking the skyliner back to the hotelā€šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø)

Ant, X and I went to DVC lounge.
A55039CF-6D81-42C6-83DC-CBE9624FC3D3.jpeg

67F24AB9-50DE-4759-9CE8-95A72149AD7D.jpeg

X was perusing the booklet and was very excited about the tostada in Mexico. Off we went to get this boy a tostada.

There was a huge fish and I asked X if it was bigger than the Bass he won first prize with in the DVC competition.
B114CFCD-A797-4BB7-95D4-595146B5E57B.jpeg

DisneyGigi

November 30 cont

I had made it to Japan and Ant texted me saying he was in the park. I found a bench and waited. It was taking him a loooong time. I texted him, ā€œwhere r u?ā€
ā€œPassing Chinaā€
Me: ā€œY???????ā€
Yep, he went the long way.

When he got there he sat on the bench with me and caught his breath. He used to travel extensively through Asia so I encouraged him to get some food from the booth.
He came back with:
View attachment 440997
New Year Celebration Soba: buckwheat soba noodles in hot dashi soup with vegetable tempura and chopped green onion.
And a Sapporo Draft for mešŸ‘

We sat on our bench and watched the drummers
View attachment 440998
(I had Bing Crosby and David Bowieā€™s version of The Little Drummer Boy in my headā€”hey, itā€™s the holidaysšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø)

The boys were on their way so we said we would meet them in Canada.
We stopped to get this
View attachment 440999
And Ant got something else but I don't recall what.

We stopped so he could eat.
View attachment 441000
She takes a beautiful picture but I can not remember her name. (Help @DisneyGigi !)
See that empty table? That was my table earlier.

More scenery
View attachment 441001

View attachment 441002

The boys were almost to Canada. They wanted Poutine so got on that line. Can you guess which line I got on???
Here is a hint:
View attachment 441003

Yes, history was repeating itself and I was in charge of drinks. But would they save me any poutine this time???

@krause @amjt660 @Matt and Kelly and my other Canadian Magicians, I think I have found the only rude Canadian. I told her I had to take this picture for my sonā€™s friend. She sighed an ā€˜I am so over youā€™ kind of sigh. I asked her if she wanted to be in it and she said no, but didn't move. Just got the pout on her face and looked straight ahead.
GET OUT THE WAY THEN!!!!
View attachment 441004
BTW not one french fry was left. I had them get me the cookie for the stroll. It was the Peppermint Pinwheel cookie and no one wanted any! They must have been too full from the poutinešŸ˜‚
View attachment 441005
I liked it because it wasnt too sweet. I ate some and put the rest in my 2019 backpackšŸ˜Ž

The beautiful and tasty Grand Marnier Slushie!!

My *borrowed* son, as I like to call him bought me a bottle for Christmas again this year. (Itā€™s gone) lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom