• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report THE ONE FOR MOTHER’S DAY IN MAY (duh)🥑COMPLETE🥑

Krl2791

Advertisement
Fun report, as always! :happy: Looking forward to August!

PolynesianPrincess

Thank you so much.
Kona Cafe’s atmosphere is really bad. And the uniforms. Ugggh. They have a chance to do something really cool but they pick the ugliest colors and most unattractive cuts and styles. For both the decor and the uniforms. And the dinner menu. Like I said, it is all over the place. Kona needs a huge make over!!!
And New Yorkers dont talk to people. Maybe thats why I talk when I am on vacay, because no one talks to me IRL😎
I feel like the décor is like Brady Bunch-esque inside the whole lobby and in the restaurants. Like it was cool and tropical back in the day but now... not so much. Thy need to update it with fun colors and paint schemes and uniforms and food. Make it like you're really somewhere warm and tropical!

Darstarr

Original Poster
Where? - Pop
When? - Aug.19 - 27
Why? - Spontaneous idea for a first WDW solo trip, and 'cause YOLO! 😊
Ha ha. If you get tired of being solo PM me.
I should be there and be solo the 25th in the morning and afternoon. (If I get X moved in in a timely fashion!)

Word is the skyliner will open on August 28th. But only to DHS, not Epcot.
That would be brilliant! We check out on the 28th but we have some time in the morning. I would love me some Gondola action!!!

Fun report, as always! :happy: Looking forward to August!
Thank you for reading along!
August is so close, yet so far. I start to miss X when I think about it😢

I feel like the décor is like Brady Bunch-esque inside the whole lobby and in the restaurants. Like it was cool and tropical back in the day but now... not so much. Thy need to update it with fun colors and paint schemes and uniforms and food. Make it like you're really somewhere warm and tropical!
Nailed it!!!
So much potential....

Darstarr

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing another entertaining report!
Thank you for reading. Sorry about all the poor quality photos. Thing is, I won a camera a few years back at a fundraiser. Not top of the line but something that would take good pix. No, something that I could aspire to take good pictures with. But I dont have the time or patience to figure it out. Perhaps this winter it will be my project. Ok ok, you talked me onto it😉

John Dulmage

Thank you for reading. Sorry about all the poor quality photos. Thing is, I won a camera a few years back at a fundraiser. Not top of the line but something that would take good pix. No, something that I could aspire to take good pictures with. But I dont have the time or patience to figure it out. Perhaps this winter it will be my project. Ok ok, you talked me onto it😉
No reason to apologize for your photos. I love your reports and your photos (especially the ones after a couple of drinks!). Your TRs are totally entertaining and I look forward to them. Thanks for sharing!

Darstarr

Original Poster
Quickly:
Those of you who have read my previous reports as well as this one, (@Disstevefan1 ) know I am not the hugest bagel fan. By now you have all seen the viral video if the guy freaking out in the bagel store.
Yes, that is my bagel store. Irony??

Rista1313

Quickly:
Those of you who have read my previous reports as well as this one, (@Disstevefan1 ) know I am not the hugest bagel fan. By now you have all seen the viral video if the guy freaking out in the bagel store.
ooo I haven't seen it! Now I have to find it!

I'm so sad that you don't love bagels. Bread for the win!

Rista1313

OK.. I saw it now... man... that's some pent up rage... to his defense, short guys do get the short end of the stick....

On a side note... I'd like to place and order for Bagels and a couple knishes for September (grin)

Disstevefan1

Quickly:
@Darstarr , thanks for the mention, I just checked this video:

The little man is scary. This little man is on the edge. I fear whats going to happen with this little man. This little man give a bad name to bagel shops and bagels.

Bagels with their glorious carbohydrates brings happiness to the body :)

@Darstarr , looking forward to your next trip report :)

Darstarr

Original Poster
OK.. I saw it now... man... that's some pent up rage... to his defense, short guys do get the short end of the stick....

On a side note... I'd like to place and order for Bagels and a couple knishes for September (grin)
Deal. I always have to bring some for X and his teammates when I visit.

Darstarr

Original Poster
@Darstarr , thanks for the mention, I just checked this video:

The little man is scary. This little man is on the edge. I fear whats going to happen with this little man. This little man give a bad name to bagel shops and bagels.

Bagels with their glorious carbohydrates brings happiness to the body :)

@Darstarr , looking forward to your next trip report :)
X got the video from his friend. His sister was there. I have forbidden X to go back because I am terrified that guy is going to go back and go postal on the place.

Darstarr

Original Poster
My husband has never been to NY, or had a NY bagel. It's been a good 20 years for me... but I remember them being so good! I've only had a Knish once, I worked with a girl at the airlines when I was around 24 that was from Long Island.
Tell me what kind and it is yours!

Top Bottom