Trip Report THE ONE...(February 2020)*COMPLETE*

Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages and fellow Magicians, as you can see, I am having a little trouble with the title of this trip report. It could be “THE ONE FOR MY BEST FRIEND’S BIRTHDAY”, or “THE ONE WHERE I LEFT MY BRAIN AT HOME.” Or there is, “THE ONE WHERE I GOT A GLIMPSE OF A DISNEY LEGEND”. There is also, “THE ONE WHERE WE JOINED THE RESISTANCE”.
I think I will begin title less and let all you good people have a say when it is over.

We always begin with the why.
A small bit of background first:
M and I have been friend’s since college (a looong time😎). M’s family has a small family business. When my kids were little my job got to be too much (70-100 hours a week) so I left. When my youngest started Kindergarten M’s family asked me if I would come work for them part time. It is not what I went to school for but it offered me flexibility for the kids, and besides, how do you say no to family?
So some of you may have figured it out, M is not only my friend, but my boss as well.

M is a great friend! No really! Die hard Met fan who will go with me to see the Dodgers when they are in town and actually root (🎶root root🎶) for the Dodgers.
21B50DAE-E983-4578-8D31-4A8BAD4D8EA8.jpeg

M had a birthday coming up. M’s sister and two grown nieces are big Disney fans and we are always talking about what is new with the parks, food and the shopping😍. Poor M, always left out. So I asked if he wanted to go for his Birthday. “YES”, was his answer BTW. (Plus, my oldest son, X had a lacrosse game in Jacksonville so we got to see that as well.)
M hadn't been to WDW in 20 years! So we got the time off from HR (M’s sister🤣) and I started planning.
I will say, taking a newbie (after a 20 year absence you revert to newbie status-this is the way) to WDW is fun! I got to see everything through his eyes, like it was the first time. Plus, if I made a miscalculation or left something out—he had no way of knowing!!!🤣🤣 M’s only request: “can we ride the teacups?” (and he asked X to score 5 goals for him as a birthday gift-stay tuned for that)
“Of course we can!” My family will never ride the teacups with me so I haven't been on them in at least 10 years. This was off to a promising start!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Congratulations to your son!!! I love his new haircut too!!!
Congrats to your son! And got it, lips zipped!
I love that he wore the shirt... does he miss his hair?
Does he miss his hair? I am not sure. At first he was worried it wouldn't grow in before graduation but....there is no graduation! Although, he did say something about a graduation gift. I totally forgot. With all this I totally forgot I need to get him a present. Ugggh!!!

Rista1313

Does he miss his hair? I am not sure. At first he was worried it wouldn't grow in before graduation but....there is no graduation! Although, he did say something about a graduation gift. I totally forgot. With all this I totally forgot I need to get him a present. Ugggh!!!

It's so sad that HS seniors and college seniors are getting no graduations =(

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Finally finished - great report! M is lucky to have you as a friend!

And Happy very belated Birthday. So sorry about your cancelled trip.

A toast to your Birthday, more Disney trips and more found quarters!

giphy.gif
Thank you. I actually have found many more quarters. I am painting my basement and pulled the desk away from the wall yesterday.
Sitting on top of the molding above the wainscoting was a shiny quarter. ❤️

ferbtones

Cheers. 🥂

Loved your trip report.

Sorry that your sons gradution ceremony may not take place.

Here in the U.K. they have cancelled all exams, so at 16 my DS should be doing his final high school exams in May/June, but not anymore. 5 years of hard work and they are going to be 'awarded' their grades. 😩

But these are desperate times. Stay safe to you and your amazing family. ❤️

MickeyCB

Songbird76

Cheers. 🥂

Loved your trip report.

Sorry that your sons gradution ceremony may not take place.

Here in the U.K. they have cancelled all exams, so at 16 my DS should be doing his final high school exams in May/June, but not anymore. 5 years of hard work and they are going to be 'awarded' their grades. 😩

But these are desperate times. Stay safe to you and your amazing family. ❤
They are doing the same thing here. Kids in an exam year (graduating year) are not going to be given the national exams...their grades from their teachers and the school tests will determine whether or not they "graduate". 6th graders aren't doing the end exam that determines which level of school they can do. It's just up to the teachers. I'm so glad my youngest basically skipped a year or he'd have been in 6th grade this year. Neither of my kids are mixed up in the no exams debaucle.

Sorry about all the kids who aren't getting their graduation celebrations. I know that's not the most important thing, at least they get the diploma, but it's just not the same and it kind of feels like they got gypped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom