Trip Report THE ONE...(February 2020)*COMPLETE*

Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages and fellow Magicians, as you can see, I am having a little trouble with the title of this trip report. It could be “THE ONE FOR MY BEST FRIEND’S BIRTHDAY”, or “THE ONE WHERE I LEFT MY BRAIN AT HOME.” Or there is, “THE ONE WHERE I GOT A GLIMPSE OF A DISNEY LEGEND”. There is also, “THE ONE WHERE WE JOINED THE RESISTANCE”.
I think I will begin title less and let all you good people have a say when it is over.

We always begin with the why.
A small bit of background first:
M and I have been friend’s since college (a looong time😎). M’s family has a small family business. When my kids were little my job got to be too much (70-100 hours a week) so I left. When my youngest started Kindergarten M’s family asked me if I would come work for them part time. It is not what I went to school for but it offered me flexibility for the kids, and besides, how do you say no to family?
So some of you may have figured it out, M is not only my friend, but my boss as well.

M is a great friend! No really! Die hard Met fan who will go with me to see the Dodgers when they are in town and actually root (🎶root root🎶) for the Dodgers.
21B50DAE-E983-4578-8D31-4A8BAD4D8EA8.jpeg

M had a birthday coming up. M’s sister and two grown nieces are big Disney fans and we are always talking about what is new with the parks, food and the shopping😍. Poor M, always left out. So I asked if he wanted to go for his Birthday. “YES”, was his answer BTW. (Plus, my oldest son, X had a lacrosse game in Jacksonville so we got to see that as well.)
M hadn't been to WDW in 20 years! So we got the time off from HR (M’s sister🤣) and I started planning.
I will say, taking a newbie (after a 20 year absence you revert to newbie status-this is the way) to WDW is fun! I got to see everything through his eyes, like it was the first time. Plus, if I made a miscalculation or left something out—he had no way of knowing!!!🤣🤣 M’s only request: “can we ride the teacups?” (and he asked X to score 5 goals for him as a birthday gift-stay tuned for that)
“Of course we can!” My family will never ride the teacups with me so I haven't been on them in at least 10 years. This was off to a promising start!!!

BuckyMom

Sorry for everyone with their trips being cancelled.
Is X staying at school or is he headed home? I've got one that left school last Wednesday that's home for a month and the other one is staying at school in Virginia but it's going virtual (he shares a house with another guy).
I made my FP's this morning with a heavy heart. We're going to hang tight for a few more weeks and re-evaluate. Everything is just changing so fast. Stay safe everyone. And of course, Happy Birthday to Darstarr.🍾🎂

Songbird76

Happy birthday! I hope you can do something special, even if it's not a Disney trip. Are restaurants in your area still open? They aren't here, but I hope you get to do something fun.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sorry for everyone with their trips being cancelled.
Is X staying at school or is he headed home? I've got one that left school last Wednesday that's home for a month and the other one is staying at school in Virginia but it's going virtual (he shares a house with another guy).
I made my FP's this morning with a heavy heart. We're going to hang tight for a few more weeks and re-evaluate. Everything is just changing so fast. Stay safe everyone. And of course, Happy Birthday to Darstarr.🍾🎂
Thank you!
X is at school. His girlfriend just joined him as she has two weeks off for spring break. Campus is open, for now, but classes are online.
My other two boys had their HS shut down for two weeks. That is going to be a joke as the school is not prepared. The teachers are going to make out like crazy becuse people will be hiring them to tutor ($75/hr) plus they get their regular pay.
I also made some FPs yesterday. For 4/1-4/3. If it opens (hopeful but not optimistic) I am there.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Happy birthday! I hope you can do something special, even if it's not a Disney trip. Are restaurants in your area still open? They aren't here, but I hope you get to do something fun.
We went to a nice brunch then had the family back to my house where we tried to plan an Easter getaway😂😂😂 Who knows if we will go but it made is feel better. The mimosas helped too. As did the homemade dole whip and malibu smoothies. Even @Loco_driver could not argue the deliciousness of those!!!

Loco_driver

We went to a nice brunch then had the family back to my house where we tried to plan an Easter getaway😂😂😂 Who knows if we will go but it made is feel better. The mimosas helped too. As did the homemade dole whip and malibu smoothies. Even @Loco_driver could not argue the deliciousness of those!!!
Adding booze does make dole whip more acceptable! Also, happy birthday my friend!

MegRuss626

I also made some FPs yesterday. For 4/1-4/3. If it opens (hopeful but not optimistic) I am there.

Same here! I keep flipping our countdown but I’m not feeling hopeful that we’ll be there in 36 days 😔 We‘re sticking with ”we‘re going until they tell us we can’t!”. I’ve started coming up with back up plans for back up plans. The only snag we meet with postponing too long is Ryleigh will be 3 the end of June 🤦🏻‍♀️

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Adding booze does make dole whip more acceptable! Also, happy birthday my friend!
Thank you! And oh my were those the best “smoothies” EVER!!!
Happy belated birthday! 🎉🥳🎉🥳
Thank you so much!
Happy belated birthday!!! 🥳🍾🎉
❤️Thanks!
Happy Birthday!! I'm sure you had a KONA! :geek: 🎉🚙🎁
You can be sure I had SEVERAL!😂😂😂
Happy belated birthday. Sounds like you had fun, even if it wasn’t how you had planned to spend it.
I did have fun. And the boys were on their best behavior which was the best present ever!!!

giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Same here! I keep flipping our countdown but I’m not feeling hopeful that we’ll be there in 36 days 😔 We‘re sticking with ”we‘re going until they tell us we can’t!”. I’ve started coming up with back up plans for back up plans. The only snag we meet with postponing too long is Ryleigh will be 3 the end of June 🤦🏻‍♀️
Listen, Ryleigh is 2 until you say she isnt! I am not a “cheater” but these are special times.
Good luck and I hope we get to meet face to face in April!😘

MegRuss626

Listen, Ryleigh is 2 until you say she isnt! I am not a “cheater” but these are special times.
Good luck and I hope we get to meet face to face in April!😘

Same here! With my luck they’ll notice that my anxiety is super high because not following the rules makes me an anxious guilty mess 😂 Hope all is well and hopefully we’ll get to meet you next month!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom