Trip Report THE ONE...(February 2020)*COMPLETE*

Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages and fellow Magicians, as you can see, I am having a little trouble with the title of this trip report. It could be “THE ONE FOR MY BEST FRIEND’S BIRTHDAY”, or “THE ONE WHERE I LEFT MY BRAIN AT HOME.” Or there is, “THE ONE WHERE I GOT A GLIMPSE OF A DISNEY LEGEND”. There is also, “THE ONE WHERE WE JOINED THE RESISTANCE”.
I think I will begin title less and let all you good people have a say when it is over.

We always begin with the why.
A small bit of background first:
M and I have been friend’s since college (a looong time😎). M’s family has a small family business. When my kids were little my job got to be too much (70-100 hours a week) so I left. When my youngest started Kindergarten M’s family asked me if I would come work for them part time. It is not what I went to school for but it offered me flexibility for the kids, and besides, how do you say no to family?
So some of you may have figured it out, M is not only my friend, but my boss as well.

M is a great friend! No really! Die hard Met fan who will go with me to see the Dodgers when they are in town and actually root (🎶root root🎶) for the Dodgers.
21B50DAE-E983-4578-8D31-4A8BAD4D8EA8.jpeg

M had a birthday coming up. M’s sister and two grown nieces are big Disney fans and we are always talking about what is new with the parks, food and the shopping😍. Poor M, always left out. So I asked if he wanted to go for his Birthday. “YES”, was his answer BTW. (Plus, my oldest son, X had a lacrosse game in Jacksonville so we got to see that as well.)
M hadn't been to WDW in 20 years! So we got the time off from HR (M’s sister🤣) and I started planning.
I will say, taking a newbie (after a 20 year absence you revert to newbie status-this is the way) to WDW is fun! I got to see everything through his eyes, like it was the first time. Plus, if I made a miscalculation or left something out—he had no way of knowing!!!🤣🤣 M’s only request: “can we ride the teacups?” (and he asked X to score 5 goals for him as a birthday gift-stay tuned for that)
“Of course we can!” My family will never ride the teacups with me so I haven't been on them in at least 10 years. This was off to a promising start!!!

Rista1313

I have mentioned it before, when the extended family flys we have 3 Alexanders, 2 Anthonys and 2 Johns

So just a question... do you mention that when you check in? I know it would be helpful if people told the gate agents they were traveling with multiple people with the same name. I know I'm coming from the totally other side of the coin in this debate... but only because I was a gate agent/ticket agent/lost baggage agent / travel agent.

oh.... and a ramp worker / deicer... (back at the first airline we did it ALL) I would check people in, then wave in the plane to park, unload the bags, load the bags, and then go upstairs and be the gate agent! It was a 19 seater plane.

lindawdw

OMG, I was having such anxiety reading your recent posts about getting into DHS and the best methods for getting a Boarding Group! 🤣 🤣 My DH and I leave in 5 days for WDW and I just copied and pasted both of the suggestions that you posted for him to study beforehand. He'll probably read it and think I've lost my mind.;) Is the thread that you read up on for boarding group suggestions on these forum boards? So glad that you got such a great BG and I can't wait to hear your thoughts!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
OMG, I was having such anxiety reading your recent posts about getting into DHS and the best methods for getting a Boarding Group! 🤣 🤣 My DH and I leave in 5 days for WDW and I just copied and pasted both of the suggestions that you posted for him to study beforehand. He'll probably read it and think I've lost my mind.;) Is the thread that you read up on for boarding group suggestions on these forum boards? So glad that you got such a great BG and I can't wait to hear your thoughts!!!
In your spare time.....😉🤣

Doc Disney

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
In your spare time.....😉🤣

Wow....this really put me into a deep obsession. I can't stop reading :hilarious:

Don't copy down any of the tips from the beginning of the thread though. Really focus on the last few pages or so, if you're looking for tips. The process has changed a lot since opening, so those first like... 300 pages mean nothing :hilarious:

Tink86

@Darstarr I can't even PM you a simple 'testing' but I can send messages to the administrator I've been talking to trying to figure out why I can't respond. I am wondering if maybe it's a setting you have set? I just looked and there's a box in the privacy setting that may be checked so I can't respond. It's under 'Privacy' and 'Allow members to...' Just a thought. Thank you!

Last edited:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So just a question... do you mention that when you check in? I know it would be helpful if people told the gate agents they were traveling with multiple people with the same name. I know I'm coming from the totally other side of the coin in this debate... but only because I was a gate agent/ticket agent/lost baggage agent / travel agent.

oh.... and a ramp worker / deicer... (back at the first airline we did it ALL) I would check people in, then wave in the plane to park, unload the bags, load the bags, and then go upstairs and be the gate agent! It was a 19 seater plane.
I knew you were Wonder Woman!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Oof, my bad. Blame midterm brain...and the complete lack of sleep I'm experiencing right now lol
Good luck on midterms!!!

Just catching up. I sympathise completely with the boarding group stress. Did not enjoy the morning we had to do it.
I did become a little wonky. There is more. Stay tuned.

I can't wait for the the new lands, it's been a while since my last trip as in Pandora was being built long time ago.

So funny!!!😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Honesly, I check the thread (thanks True Value for posting link) in the morning, around the 8 o’clock mark. I like to hear people’s success stories. There have been relatively few failure stories but there are some. Then I check it about 100 times throughout the day to see how the ride is functioning, if it has broken down etc. So, no, not obsessed at all😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Don't copy down any of the tips from the beginning of the thread though. Really focus on the last few pages or so, if you're looking for tips. The process has changed a lot since opening, so those first like... 300 pages mean nothing :hilarious:
True.
Biggest thing, make sure your AP is activated so you get in the park before opening😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
@Darstarr I can't even PM you a simple 'testing' but I can send messages to the administrator I've been talking to trying to figure out why I can't respond. I am wondering if maybe it's a setting you have set? I just looked and there's a box in the privacy setting that may be checked so I can't respond. It's under 'Privacy' and 'Allow members to...' Just a thought. Thank you!
Darn you caught me😂😂😂
Just kidding.
I will check it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom