Trip Report THE ONE...(February 2020)*COMPLETE*

Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages and fellow Magicians, as you can see, I am having a little trouble with the title of this trip report. It could be “THE ONE FOR MY BEST FRIEND’S BIRTHDAY”, or “THE ONE WHERE I LEFT MY BRAIN AT HOME.” Or there is, “THE ONE WHERE I GOT A GLIMPSE OF A DISNEY LEGEND”. There is also, “THE ONE WHERE WE JOINED THE RESISTANCE”.
I think I will begin title less and let all you good people have a say when it is over.

We always begin with the why.
A small bit of background first:
M and I have been friend’s since college (a looong time😎). M’s family has a small family business. When my kids were little my job got to be too much (70-100 hours a week) so I left. When my youngest started Kindergarten M’s family asked me if I would come work for them part time. It is not what I went to school for but it offered me flexibility for the kids, and besides, how do you say no to family?
So some of you may have figured it out, M is not only my friend, but my boss as well.

M is a great friend! No really! Die hard Met fan who will go with me to see the Dodgers when they are in town and actually root (🎶root root🎶) for the Dodgers.
21B50DAE-E983-4578-8D31-4A8BAD4D8EA8.jpeg

M had a birthday coming up. M’s sister and two grown nieces are big Disney fans and we are always talking about what is new with the parks, food and the shopping😍. Poor M, always left out. So I asked if he wanted to go for his Birthday. “YES”, was his answer BTW. (Plus, my oldest son, X had a lacrosse game in Jacksonville so we got to see that as well.)
M hadn't been to WDW in 20 years! So we got the time off from HR (M’s sister🤣) and I started planning.
I will say, taking a newbie (after a 20 year absence you revert to newbie status-this is the way) to WDW is fun! I got to see everything through his eyes, like it was the first time. Plus, if I made a miscalculation or left something out—he had no way of knowing!!!🤣🤣 M’s only request: “can we ride the teacups?” (and he asked X to score 5 goals for him as a birthday gift-stay tuned for that)
“Of course we can!” My family will never ride the teacups with me so I haven't been on them in at least 10 years. This was off to a promising start!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Fourth!!!
giphy.gif

enjoy Mookie... :cry:
I have to say, myself and a lot of Dodger fans are not too happy with that trade. We had to give up a lot of true blue family. And family is everything.
giphy.gif

😢
Im in, I have had a long hiatus but I am back. Do we have a gif theme for this report?
Welcome back from your hiatus!
I can not even decide on a title! do you think I am ready to commit to a theme???
giphy.gif

Woo hoo! Along for the fun!
giphy.gif

Enough said🎶
What do Fez and @dizfan917 have in common?
giphy.gif

Welcome to both of you!

Last edited:

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
tenor.gif

Woohooo! Another @Darstarr TR with a newbie this time!!! We are taking T to WDW in April, and he hasn't been since he was super little. I'll be gleaning newbie tricks from you this time around. ;)
giphy.gif

Friends. Always Friends :hilarious: :hilarious:
giphy.gif

OR....
giphy.gif

HERE.. obviously!
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yey, here, of course!
Let another Darstarr fun TR begin! 😃
So glad you are here❤️
giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
giphy.gif

😂😂😂JK! Glad you are here!!!

So sorry I’m late but I’m here!

View attachment 448759
giphy.gif

Jiminy Crickets, I don't log on till evening and I'm like the thousandth!
giphy.gif

Late but here & looking forward to it!! You mentioned the 70-100 hour work week—yeah, that sums up my tardiness....
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
All the pre stuff

I had booked POR because there were no DVC studios available.
giphy.gif

Fist week of December I called DVC to ask a random question and the woman on the other end of the phone asked if I was calling about my BLT waitlist. “Oh gosh no,” I said (I actually said “gosh no”), “I know there is no way I will ever get that.”
“Well you just did. It just went through.”
giphy.gif

Yay! BLT!!!

The weather...
Looking a few weeks ahead it seemed as it would be cold. Then it looked like it would be warm. Then cold.
giphy.gif

I have mentioned in the past my former boss and how amazing she was. Here is the cliff note version: my former boss is M’s mother. She passed about 5 years ago. She was only 4 ft 10ish but wow! You did not want to mess with her.
She was the most generous person. You all know about pennies from heaven? We joked that she was so generous we would find quarters. And we do!!!! At the most random times in the most random places. She had been wanting to replace the carpet at work. Shortly after her passing they decided to go ahead and replace it. The workers ripped up the carpet and in the middle of the room, under the carpet, not near a seam or a wall or a tear, was a quarter. She approved! Since then we all find them when we could use her.

Back to the packing, M decides he is going to bring an extra pair of jeans incase it is cold. He grabs a clean pair from the bottom of his drawer and three quarters fall out and land on the floor...in the shape of a hidden Mickey😮

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Now this is the way to start a Friday, of course I'm in!

And I already like M!

Ha ha
My favorite Dodger is Justin Turner. We work with a girl, every stinkin’ time we mention the Dodgers or Turner, she says “he was a Met you know.” My answer is always, “yes, but now he is GOOD!”
giphy.gif

Welcome!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 7th

I wish I could tell you the flight was easy but...

M had to work so we decided to take the late Jet Blue flight from JFK to Jacksonville. We were flying to JAX for my son’s lacrosse game on Saturday before heading to WDW.

Ant was driving us. First selfie (of many)!
On the way to the airport.
8BF2C470-C8E4-44A5-BD51-F71D8B70F00C.jpeg

There was a high wind advisory🌬so our plane was late getting to JFK. Our 8:30pm departure became 8:50pm then ....

We sat and waited to board the plane.
giphy.gif

And waited.
giphy.gif

And waited.
giphy.gif

While waiting I watched a woman pick her nose. She was up to her knuckle. Also, she was flinging her findings on the floor🤢Did she know it is cold and flu season??? How could she not? Her husband was coughing and hacking without covering his mouth.
“M, you know that couple will be sitting behind us right?”

We finally boarded at 9:10pm.
“M, touch nothing on the plane until we wipe it down!”
The plane was tiny! Only two seats per side. Luckily we were NOT sitting by coughy and picky😂 We wiped everything down with clorox wipes then settled in for a quick selfie before departing.
92AF0CB8-63A7-487A-BEE3-A30D6B859584.jpeg

Ha ha!!!
Do you really think we departed???
No, we sat and waited. And waited. Again.

What were we waiting for? The flight attendants announced we were waiting on paperwork.
We did not depart until 10:25.
I can deal with a weather delay, but a paperwork delay???
giphy.gif

We were originally suppose to land in Jacksonville at 11:15. Ha ha ha ha!

7C543A18-3636-42C6-A250-5E46AF8BA081.png

So nice of them to let me know I landed.

We got the rental car, a Ford Flex which was on my short list because I need a new car. (Dont worry @bee , I am not getting ready of the caly4nia mobile) BTW the Flex is off the short list. Too big.

We drove 5 minutes to our hotel, a nice Hampton Inn. The front desk clerk was the sweetest! She asked if we wanted a late check out. No one ever offers! They begrudgingly agree, sometimes.

Dory71

I hate taking the late flights out because we always seem to be delayed. Next trip is a 5:30 am departure. I guess I won’t sleep much the night before either way??

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 7th

I wish I could tell you the flight was easy but...

M had to work so we decided to take the late Jet Blue flight from JFK to Jacksonville. We were flying to JAX for my son’s lacrosse game on Saturday before heading to WDW.

Ant was driving us. First selfie (of many)!
On the way to the airport.
View attachment 448883

There was a high wind advisory🌬so our plane was late getting to JFK. Our 8:30pm departure became 8:50pm then ....

We sat and waited to board the plane.
giphy.gif

And waited.
giphy.gif

And waited.
giphy.gif

While waiting I watched a woman pick her nose. She was up to her knuckle. Also, she was flinging her findings on the floor🤢Did she know it is cold and flu season??? How could she not? Her husband was coughing and hacking without covering his mouth.
“M, you know that couple will be sitting behind us right?”

We finally boarded at 9:10pm.
“M, touch nothing on the plane until we wipe it down!”
The plane was tiny! Only two seats per side. Luckily we were NOT sitting by coughy and picky😂 We wiped everything down with clorox wipes then settled in for a quick selfie before departing.
View attachment 448884

Ha ha!!!
Do you really think we departed???
No, we sat and waited. And waited. Again.

What were we waiting for? The flight attendants announced we were waiting on paperwork.
We did not depart until 10:25.
I can deal with a weather delay, but a paperwork delay???
giphy.gif

We were originally suppose to land in Jacksonville at 11:15. Ha ha ha ha!

View attachment 448885
So nice of them to let me know I landed.

We got the rental car, a Ford Flex which was on my short list because I need a new car. (Dont worry @bee , I am not getting ready of the caly4nia mobile) BTW the Flex is off the short list. Too big.

We drove 5 minutes to our hotel, a nice Hampton Inn. The front desk clerk was the sweetest! She asked if we wanted a late check out. No one ever offers! They begrudgingly agree, sometimes.

The flight paperwork HAS to be completed and correct before the flight leaves in case the flight crashes. They need to know who all is on board. There may be some other paperwork that I'm not privvy to but every time I've had a paperwork delay it was the roster of passengers. Usually because someone changed their name at the front desk at the last minute or bought a last minute ticket or something like that.

lindawdw

So excited you started this TR!!!!Friends Gifts WDW TR .gif I've got the popcorn all ready and can't wait for more! It's always a bummer when your flight is delayed that much!o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom