The old Skyway - question

Connor002

wdwishes2005 said:
Welcome to the boards! We are really a great group of people if you can get past connor's heavily armed secret mafia.

I don't know what you talking about. I run a legitimate opperation...
Unless, that is, you plan on proving otherwise.
But you wouldn't want to do that, now would you?
:cool:

:lookaroun

Woody13

Fantasmic!kid said:
I wish they hadn't gotten rid of it. Why did they? Was it that man's death?
No. It was a pain to operate and few people rode the thing. It was not a very classy attraction. It was almost as bad as 20K in its design. It was a very poor decision to put that attraction in place.

lamarvenoy

It's been so long since I rode the skyway that I hardly remember the ride. I do remember seeing the black roof tops and 20k building. Even as a young kid I thought it was a spitting opportunity (not that I did) but I always tried not to walk under it for that reason. Being much older around say 18-19 and riding the skyway at Busch Gardens I realized there were other things you could do while up there:lookaroun not that I did that stuff either:eek:

Mecha Figment

I have a feeling that the tomorrow land station will become the new meet and greet for stich incredibles, and buzz. the timekeeper area is to big to be just for meet and greets. timekeeper will be somethign new.

PintoColvig

downwitheisner said:
I'm definitely not for ripping down either building, or at least the FL one. They both fit the theme well.

An obviously empty and exposed ride building doesn't help the theme either. I wonder if these buildings, especially the one in Tomorrowland, could be retrofitted for some other use (besides a stroller corral).

KDM31091

Original Poster
I've always thought that if Busch can manage to keep both their Williamsburg and Tampa park Skyrides, why can't Disney? Surely both have the same shortcomings..

Figment1986

KDM31091 said:
I've always thought that if Busch can manage to keep both their Williamsburg and Tampa park Skyrides, why can't Disney? Surely both have the same shortcomings..

Busch wanted to continue paying for the man power... BGT has a midpoint station on ground which needs people... that and they need a balance of attractions still, BGT aint family friendly that much...

BGW uses it for efficient transportation... and only has one cable connected to 3 stations... (I wonder what they do for evac if the ride has an e-stop and there are always cabins over the river there)

westie

As a child of the 70's, i.e. Bad News Bears, Original Freaky Friday, When a joke was a joke, I figured we all got tired of being spat on? Disney removed it for the droppings and, it was the last place to smoke free.

-SIR-

It annoys me that rumors of "little green men" and the romoval of "COP" keep coming up instead of an update of timekeeper and rehaul of COP. Especially when this big ride building is just sitting there waiting to be either torn down (where a big space that has to be plenty big enough for a a show building to be built) is just sitting there empty and ugly and has been for years... im sticking this on my list right next to the empty image works, global nieghborhood and poorly used odyssey building at Epcot.

zap69

Speaking of Timekeeper

TIMEKEEPER IS CLOSED FOR GOOD.
DISNEY GAVE US THE OFFICAL NEWS TODAY. THE BUILDING GOES UNDER LOCKDOWN LATER THIS WEEK. Timekeeper's Last Day Open was 12/31/2005. NO WORD ON WHAT ITS REPLACEMENT IS.

zap69

Evac

Figment1986 said:
BGW uses it for efficient transportation... and only has one cable connected to 3 stations... (I wonder what they do for evac if the ride has an e-stop and there are always cabins over the river there)

Well I can tell u, Its the Same Evac if Astro's Rockets got suck in the up postion. It requires Tommorrowland, Toon Town, and Fantasy Land to be cleared of all guests, The a cherry picker is brought in.

-SIR-

zap69 said:
TIMEKEEPER IS CLOSED FOR GOOD.
DISNEY GAVE US THE OFFICAL NEWS TODAY. THE BUILDING GOES UNDER LOCKDOWN LATER THIS WEEK. Timekeeper's Last Day Open was 12/31/2005. NO WORD ON WHAT ITS REPLACEMENT IS.

Im not familiar with your screen name but im pretty sure there wasnt a need for that right after i said it annoyed me and especially since you already posted an entire thread, screaming in bright red annoying caps:fork:

yensidtlaw1969

-SIR- said:
Im not familiar with your screen name but im pretty sure there wasnt a need for that right after i said it annoyed me and especially since you already posted an entire thread, screaming in bright red annoying caps:fork:
Apparently he is saying it is no longer rumor that it is closing, and that it already is. He didn't mention any rumors of replacement, only that Timekeeper is closing. I'm actually thankful that he posted it, because now, atleast in my mind, it is no longer debatable.

Yensid "I think this guy is a CM, right?" tlaw1969

Tim G

yensidtlaw1969 said:
Apparently he is saying it is no longer rumor that it is closing, and that it already is. He didn't mention any rumors of replacement, only that Timekeeper is closing. I'm actually thankful that he posted it, because now, atleast in my mind, it is no longer debatable.

Yensid "I think this guy is a CM, right?" tlaw1969

:eek: :eek: :eek:

But he could have written it, using "normal" letters... :lookaroun

This RED colored screaming is hurting everyones eyes, and doesn't serve any purpose... :mad: :( :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom