The old Skyway - question

KDM31091

Original Poster
I realize I'm new here, but being only 14 [15 on march 10 and going to WDW again this summer finally after 2 years!],most of my interests and questions end up being about old rides and attractions. Hopefully that's okay...

Anyways, I'm wondering about the old Skyway to Fantasyland & Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom. It's been more than six years since the closure. Are there ANY plans besides the current stroller parking for EITHER station in the near future? or even semi-near future? Empty buildings don't serve much of a purpose.

Didnt one of the reliable sources at this site say that the Fantasyland station is being looked at for something? and I also read that the tommorrowland station is being looked at (possibly having something to do with COP)...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was thinking about this recently (yeah...I know) - isn`t the Fantasyland Skyway very near the MKs DACS control? If so, I doubt much could be done around this area. On a similar note, presumably the foundations for the pylons went right though the Utilidors - I assume these are still intact?

hardcard

marni1971 said:
I was thinking about this recently (yeah...I know) - isn`t the Fantasyland Skyway very near the MKs DACS control? If so, I doubt much could be done around this area. On a similar note, presumably the foundations for the pylons went right though the Utilidors - I assume these are still intact?

actually.. Directly behind the station is the haunted mansion.. So, in a way yes, DACS is there... but is sub terranian. (mostly)

Pongo

KDM31091 said:
I realize I'm new here, but being only 14 [15 on march 10 and going to WDW again this summer finally after 2 years!],most of my interests and questions end up being about old rides and attractions. Hopefully that's okay...

Anyways, I'm wondering about the old Skyway to Fantasyland & Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom. It's been more than six years since the closure. Are there ANY plans besides the current stroller parking for EITHER station in the near future? or even semi-near future? Empty buildings don't serve much of a purpose.

Welcome! :wave:

KDM31091

Original Poster
Thanks Pongo!

I wish they could either bring back the skyway just for its motion/atmosphere value, or just get rid of the oh-so-obvious-it's-a-closed-ride stations.

Pongo

KDM31091 said:
I wish they could either bring back the skyway just for its motion/atmosphere value, or just get rid of the oh-so-obvious-it's-a-closed-ride stations.

I don't think the Fantasyland station is THAT obvious. The Tomorrowland one is pretty sketchy, they the FL one actually looks really nice sitting up there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
hardcard said:
actually.. Directly behind the station is the haunted mansion.. So, in a way yes, DACS is there... but is sub terranian. (mostly)

Sorry - I meant virtually below the skyway station.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Ghostbuster626 said:
Didnt one of the reliable sources at this site say that the Fantasyland station is being looked at for something? and I also read that the tommorrowland station is being looked at (possibly having something to do with COP)...

yeah i heard the same thing...and the tommorrowland station would have something to do with CoP (more with the Removal of it...but thats a whole 'nother thread)

Connor002

KDM31091 said:
Empty buildings don't serve much of a purpose.

Nope, but they also don't hurt either. I wouldn't expect anything there soon, but that's just me. Expect rehabs of the classics to come first...

Connor002

Valawen9 said:
Brain-fart...does someone have a picture of the old Tomorrowland Station?? I can't seem to remember where it was!:eek:

TL-0505-23.jpg

Pongo

Valawen9 said:
lol...Ok...I think I'm going senile...I was just there and I don't even recognize that area. What's that next to?

To the right of Space Mountain (when looking at Space Mountain).

THis is located right behind the People mover ring and right between CoP and Space Mountain. I would hope they would keep CoP forever and just add an atraction where this empty building is. It would help preserve history and add a new atraction right next to it which could atract more guests to it when waiting for fast pass.

DisneyWorld30th

PBarton said:
Man....

I would love to spend even 5 minutes looking around these back stage areas...

:zipit:

Next time you visit Disney World, schedule time to take the Baskstage Magic Tour. I've done the tour and it is awsome!

You get to go into DACS and see how the MK parade is controlled! You'd also never know how many parade cameras there on the route.

Cool stuff!

wdwishes2005

KDM31091 said:

Welcome to the boards! We are really a great group of people if you can get past connor's heavily armed secret mafia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom