The old 7 Seas lagoon wave machine?

DonickCo

Original Poster
Is this where the old 7 Seas lagoon wave machine was. Does anyone know if this wave machine is still there? Or where the parts went. Or the year it went out of service. And the engineering flaws it had. I heard it eroded the beach too much.

Attachments

• 7 seas lagon wave machine.gif
    7 seas lagon wave machine.gif
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,884

Tom Morrow

Yup, thats where it was. They took it out because it was eroding the beach too much, and was expensive to maintain. There are still a few parts of it under there, but not the entire thing.

ToTBellHop

why did they need to make waves? There are already massive waves there...which makes it the best place to ride water sprites (errr...water mice).

DonickCo

Original Poster
It was for the beach across the lake.

Attachments

• 7 seas lagon wave machine 2.gif
    7 seas lagon wave machine 2.gif
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,589

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
umm.. actually, the entire thing is still down there, but it has become decrepit and useless w/ time.

Testtrack321

They use a method of ______________ in water and then pushing it out in a small, confined area. This then sends waves out. The more water, the bigger the wave.

Testtrack321

These boards are too sensitive. I put S ucking in the blank spot. Amazing. You know we can't ever write our Vice Presidents name here?

monorail256

Originally posted by Testtrack321
These boards are too sensitive. I put S ucking in the blank spot. Amazing. You know we can't ever write our Vice Presidents name here?

i agree... but i still love the boards!! :sohappy:

Pioneer Hall

The wave machine was put in to add to the Island theme of the polynesian. But in the late 70's it was shut down due to the beach erosion. It is still there where it was when it was operating.

PrincessK

I know at one point they were either planning to or once used to take those big Hawaiian canoes and have the guests paddle to the island where the way machine was for the Luau. Then they built Luau Cove.
This was told to me by one of the skippers on the resort launch.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by DogsRule!
There are already massive waves there...which makes it the best place to ride water sprites (errr...water mice).

Most of the waves you see are product of this boats and the bigger ones that navigate the lagoons.

-->LuAu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom