The Oddessy Building in Epcot

EPCOT Explorer

Ummmm.....south east, maybe.....;)

Unless you suddenly started talking 'bout Energy....

What he said.

It's late. :dazzle::brick::lol::lol:

*feels the need to protect his EPCOT Fanboyism*

EpcotIcon.jpg

*feels better*

Rob562

I know it's empty except for bathrooms...it's my favorite bathroom in all of Epcot! LOL! It's always quiet, empty, and very clean.

Which bathrooms? The ones on the First Aid side? Or the ones on the Test Track side?

I didn't realize there were bathrooms on the Test Track side until last year. They were *definitely* deserted! They're probably one of the few bathrooms in the theme parks without automatic sink faucets. (Heck, I was half expecting the powdered soap dispensers to still be there and full)

-Rob

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The Odyssey is often used for special events now. Last time I was there I stopped by to use the restroom and was able to peek into the event that was going on. The place looks pretty much like it did when it was open.

The building does house two sets of restrooms, I believe -- one on the FW side and one on the WS side, plus the baby care center.

Frank Stallone

Still used daily. It houses first aid, baby care, the cast cafeteria, and custodial offices.

The dining area that you know and love is used for magical gathering dinners. Basically a buffet spread that features foods from various eateries around the World Showcase.

Considering EPCOT has more restaurants than all the other parks combined, it was put to a new use a few years back.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Odyssey had burgers, Tuna, Hot dogs, chicken, salads and desserts. And sadly the menu boards are long gone.

6710PDVD_018.BMP

6710PDVD_032.BMP

6710PDVD_031.BMP

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Martin, in ALL seriousness... The little girl on the far right of your middle picture who is turned around in her chair looking at Mickey looks a lot like me as a child. Not to mention, I have pictures of me in a similar shirt.

Do you remember what year those pictures were taken?

EPCOT Explorer

Martin, in ALL seriousness... The little girl on the far right of your middle picture who is turned around in her chair looking at Mickey looks a lot like me as a child. Not to mention, I have pictures of me in a similar shirt.

Do you remember what year those pictures were taken?

Yep. June 1990. The pics are still from video if the timing is right.

OK, now THIS is cool.:D:lol:

raven

Which bathrooms? The ones on the First Aid side? Or the ones on the Test Track side?

I didn't realize there were bathrooms on the Test Track side until last year. They were *definitely* deserted! They're probably one of the few bathrooms in the theme parks without automatic sink faucets. (Heck, I was half expecting the powdered soap dispensers to still be there and full)

-Rob

The Wonders of Life guest bathrooms also have manual faucets for their sinks and toilets (except urinals). Sadly they haven't updated these ones yet not knowing the future of the pavilion.

I got excited when I saw a powder soap dispenser in a backstage area last night at Epcot. But no powder was in it and a new dispenser was on the wall next to it.

By the way, the sensors on the current toilets cost $100 to be replaced. The men's bathroom in the Odyssey had 10 of those sensors replaced in November due to water damage from custodial. So they are worth it for the germ factor but are very expensive.

brent2124

If my scanner was working I have a picture of me as a toddler who decided Mickeys nose looked better than lunch and took it upon myself to take a bite. I was at EPCOT Friday nite and there were a few custodial castmembers in the building but I couldnt tell what they were doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom