The Nintendo Cinematic Universe: Imagineering some Movies

FireMountain

Here's one idea for a possible origin of worlds for the NCU that I came up with, which works with all of your ideas. Before I begin, my notion for Luigi to be evil is based off of the game Super Paper Mario, which is an amazing, enjoyable game.

The NCU begins with infinite earths - akin to many different things, such as DC Comics - with each having separate lore. Across Phase One of the story, the heroes are separate and have fun stories with their respective casts, but all notice R.O.B.s building complicated machines in their world. (The Subspace Bombs) They let the R.O.B.s do their thing, because they seem harmless. At a later time, each world suffers from an invasion by mysterious creatures, and the main heroes are whisked away to the Grand Stadium, where Master Hand tests their fighting. Some heroes (ie: Luigi) can be corrupted by the Subspace Creatures. The heroes try (and fail) to stop the bombs from going off. After they loose, their worlds are consumed by the bombs - which moves their worlds through space-time, so that they are all right next to each other. Master Hand reveals he is a good guy.

Does this make sense?
It makes sense. But the story is a little much for Phase 1. The MCU didn't get that intense until around Phase 3.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
It makes sense. But the story is a little much for Phase 1. The MCU didn't get that intense until around Phase 3.
Personally, I disagree, because I feel that there is little way to have the characters interact with each other for a common good unless they are defending the same thing. And in Phase One, we had an Asgardian lead an army of mysterious soldiers to invade Earth all for some mysterious individual who wanted the Tesseract (and the person was even revealed by the end of the movie to be Thanos). After watching the original Avengers last night, I am pretty confident that this is not too ambitious of a story.

FireMountain

Personally, I disagree, because I feel that there is little way to have the characters interact with each other for a common good unless they are defending the same thing. And in Phase One, we had an Asgardian lead an army of mysterious soldiers to invade Earth all for some mysterious individual who wanted the Tesseract (and the person was even revealed by the end of the movie to be Thanos). After watching the original Avengers last night, I am pretty confident that this is not too ambitious of a story.

Listen, I don't want to argue about this whole thing anymore. I just think the whole "Worlds Colliding" thing is too big, especially if we want to do it in Phase 1. While the MCU brought characters from places like Asguard onto Earth, it never brought them right next to each other.

I had an idea for Phase 4, it's to reveal that certain franchises exist in the same universe, and this leads into crossover movies.

Super Mario Brothers/Donkey Kong Country
Metroid/Kirby
Fire Emblem/The Legend of Zelda

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Listen, I don't want to argue about this whole thing anymore. I just think the whole "Worlds Colliding" thing is too big, especially if we want to do it in Phase 1. While the MCU brought characters from places like Asguard onto Earth, it never brought them right next to each other.

I had an idea for Phase 4, it's to reveal that certain franchises exist in the same universe, and this leads into crossover movies.

Super Mario Brothers/Donkey Kong Country
Metroid/Kirby
Fire Emblem/The Legend of Zelda
I mean, we haven't even decided on Phase One yet, but I like those ideas.

And we definitely are not arguing; just friendly debating so that we could create a cohesive universe. I apologize if I came off as hostile (I truly didn't mean too). I just think that since Phase One will have somewhere around 6-8 movies, it's not too big of a story (there has been far more attempted in a single movie (ie: most Star Trek movies))

FireMountain

I mean, we haven't even decided on Phase One yet, but I like those ideas.

And we definitely are not arguing; just friendly debating so that we could create a cohesive universe. I apologize if I came off as hostile (I truly didn't mean too). I just think that since Phase One will have somewhere around 6-8 movies, it's not too big of a story (there has been far more attempted in a single movie (ie: most Star Trek movies))
It's fine. I'm just really exited about this.

Overall, I think that the first two phases should just be a string of 8 films each that get connected by a Smash Brothers movie at the end of the phase. Phase 3 should be where things get serious, having Tabuu being an even bigger threat then he was in the first 2 phases. And the villain of Phase 4 should be Master Core.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
It's fine. I'm just really exited about this.

Overall, I think that the first two phases should just be a string of 8 films each that get connected by a Smash Brothers movie at the end of the phase. Phase 3 should be where things get serious, having Tabuu being an even bigger threat then he was in the first 2 phases. And the villain of Phase 4 should be Master Core.
Okay, so how do you propose that the multiverse that the different characters are from would come together? Or would they not?

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Most of them don't meet up out of the Smash films. But as I said, some are connected, but I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
But then its not a Cinematic Universe. The whole point of a cinematic universe is that they could meet up outside of their own films - sure, they won't be the star, but they'll be mentioned.

Look at the MCU - Iron Man has been alluded to in nearly every movie via appearance or being mentioned. He recruits Ross in the Hulk movie, The Stark World Fair in Captain America: TFA, His name appears in the list of people being killed in the Winter Solider, he is the deutragonist of Civil War and important in Homecoming, he designed the ship that Thor was on in Ragnarok.
Or the Arrowverse (TV DC Universe) - Oliver Queen is mentioned a ton in The Flash. Minor characters from Arrow have went on double dates with The Flash characters.

The whole point of a cinematic universe is that one can expect these allusions. to their other favorite characters Otherwise, the Smash brothers movie would be no different than a Victorious and iCarly crossover - a one-off thing in which the relationships built mean nothing until the next crossover.

EDIT: A couple words

Last edited:

FireMountain

But then its not a Cinematic Universe. The whole point of a cinematic universe is that they could meet up outside of their own films - sure, they won't be the star, but they'll be mentioned.

Look at the MCU - Iron Man has been alluded to in nearly every movie via appearance or being mentioned. He recruits Ross in the Hulk movie, The Stark World Fair in Captain America: TFA, His name appears in the list of people being killed in the Winter Solider, he is the deutragonist of Civil War and important in Homecoming, he designed the ship that Thor was on in Ragnarok.
Or the Arrowverse (TV DC Universe) - Oliver Queen is mentioned a ton in The Flash. Minor characters from Arrow have went on double dates with The Flash characters.

The whole point of a cinematic universe is that one can expect these allusions. to their other favorite characters Otherwise, the Smash brothers movie would be no different than a Victorious and iCarly crossover - a one-off thing in which the relationships built mean nothing until the next crossover.

EDIT: A couple words
You have a point there.

Okay, how about this, no more alternate dimensions, all the same dimension. One planet has the worlds of Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and any other series that make sense to be on Earth. Another is Planet Popstar, another is Zebes, another is Corneria, and the last is some kind of Racing Planet for F-Zero.

Now we need to think of allusions to these in the films. I'm thinking something involving Rosalina.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom