The Nintendo Cinematic Universe: Imagineering some Movies

Suchomimus

If Captain Falcon isn't played by The Rock I'm blocking everybody involved with this.
Too late
tumblr_orcvvezKHl1qa4esho2_540.gif

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Okay so I thought pretty hard about this, and here are my ideas for the first 3 Phases.

Phase One:

1. Super Mario Bros.
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. Metroid
4. Donkey Kong Country
5. Kirby's Dream Land
6. Pokemon
7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
8. Super Smash Brothers

Phase 2

1. Star Fox
2. Super Mario Bros. 2
3. F-Zero
4. Yoshi's Island
5. Kirby Super Star
6. Earthbound
7. Fire Emblem
8. Super Smash Brothers Melee

Phase 3:

1. Metroid: Samus Returns
2. Splatoon
3. Pikmin
4. Mario VS Wario
5. Pokemon 2
6. Luigi's Mansion
7. Punch-Out
8. Super Smash Brothers Brawl
I’m assuming the first legend of Zelda movie would be ocarina of time remade (just because that is what most people suggest, if I’m wrong ignore this) - how could we fit that huge story into a movie.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
The basic story of the first Zelda for the NES, but with Ganondorf instead of regular beast Ganon, as well as Sheik being a character.
One of the things that I had planned when I was writing my thing out was to have Ganon and Ganondorf to be two separate beings - Ganon is similar to the demon seen in Breath of the Wild and he possessed one of Ganondorf’s species (I can’t rwmwmber the name) to create Ganondorf.

The first Zelda didn’t have very much of a story if I remember correctly. Summoning @Brer Oswald!

FireMountain

One of the things that I had planned when I was writing my thing out was to have Ganon and Ganondorf to be two separate beings - Ganon is similar to the demon seen in Breath of the Wild and he possessed one of Ganondorf’s species (I can’t rwmwmber the name) to create Ganondorf.

The first Zelda didn’t have very much of a story if I remember correctly. Summoning @Brer Oswald!
The story for Zelda 1 was basically just " Princess is captured by beast, go get her!" And while that may seem simple, Super Mario Bros has that same exact story, and that's this cinematic universe. So maybe we should throw in some extra places like Lost Woods, Death Mountain, and Hyrule Fields, is that OK?

kmbmw777

Original Poster
The story for Zelda 1 was basically just " Princess is captured by beast, go get her!" And while that may seem simple, Super Mario Bros has that same exact story, and that's this cinematic universe. So maybe we should throw in some extra places like Lost Woods, Death Mountain, and Hyrule Fields, is that OK?
That’s a fine storyline by me, but it would get repetitive if we want to use that again for Super Mario. After all, the MCU (the only good cinematic universe to date) makes every movie feel very unique with fun different storylines/types.

FireMountain

That’s a fine storyline by me, but it would get repetitive if we want to use that again for Super Mario. After all, the MCU (the only good cinematic universe to date) makes every movie feel very unique with fun different storylines/types.
The basic story may be the same for Zelda and Mario. But the places, characters, and tone are quite different. I think we should start working on the films themselves soon.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
The basic story may be the same for Zelda and Mario. But the places, characters, and tone are quite different. I think we should start working on the films themselves soon.
Not to be rude, but I completely disagree. If we do the save the princess for Zelda, then we shouldn’t do that story for Mario. And vice versa. It comes down to telling original stories - no one wants to see the same film twice just with different visuals. Personally, I would rather do a save the princess film for neither, as I think there are so many more interesting stories to be told, where we can also create compelling female characters.

And we are no where near close to writing the films I think. The first step (that we haven’t taken) would be to ask ourselves the question - how are these worlds connected? How will Mario travel to Hyrule? Link to space? It makes sense for the MCU because it’s all centered around Earth, but for the NCU, we have no basis.

FireMountain

Not to be rude, but I completely disagree. If we do the save the princess for Zelda, then we shouldn’t do that story for Mario. And vice versa. It comes down to telling original stories - no one wants to see the same film twice just with different visuals. Personally, I would rather do a save the princess film for neither, as I think there are so many more interesting stories to be told, where we can also create compelling female characters.

And we are no where near close to writing the films I think. The first step (that we haven’t taken) would be to ask ourselves the question - how are these worlds connected? How will Mario travel to Hyrule? Link to space? It makes sense for the MCU because it’s all centered around Earth, but for the NCU, we have no basis.

Okay, if you don't want to do a "Save the princess" film, that's fine. That can work.

As for how they're connected. I thought that the characters will only meet up and interact in the Smash Bros. films. Where Master Hand takes notice of these legendary heroes and wants to put them in a fighting tournament, so he captures them, world by world, and takes them to the Smash Dimension, a dimension filled with arenas familiar to the fighters, who interact with each other throughout the film.

Another thing is to have the idea of alternate universes alluded to in the films, usually by some kind of document.

Here are some examples:

Mario- Professor E. Gadd creates a device capable of traversing universes and worlds.
Metroid- Samus finds hieroglyphics on an abandoned planet about the other NCU heroes.
Kirby- Kirby stumbles across an ancient scroll written by the Ancients about other worlds.
Pokemon- One of the gym leaders is a scientist who has created a theory about other worlds.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
Okay, if you don't want to do a "Save the princess" film, that's fine. That can work.

As for how they're connected. I thought that the characters will only meet up and interact in the Smash Bros. films. Where Master Hand takes notice of these legendary heroes and wants to put them in a fighting tournament, so he captures them, world by world, and takes them to the Smash Dimension, a dimension filled with arenas familiar to the fighters, who interact with each other throughout the film.

Another thing is to have the idea of alternate universes alluded to in the films, usually by some kind of document.

Here are some examples:

Mario- Professor E. Gadd creates a device capable of traversing universes and worlds.
Metroid- Samus finds hieroglyphics on an abandoned planet about the other NCU heroes.
Kirby- Kirby stumbles across an ancient scroll written by the Ancients about other worlds.
Pokemon- One of the gym leaders is a scientist who has created a theory about other worlds.
That could be interesting - so essentially, they each are from different dimensions. Then the question becomes this: If some Master Hand plucks the multiverse’s greatest fighters for some Contest of Champions, why? Would the fighters willingly go the the Tournament, or would they be taken away? It also seems like we would be wanting a lot of time to set up the Nintendo Multiverse before creating the Smash Bros. Movie.

Here’s an idea - Master Hand is trying to build an army to fight Tabuu, who is the true villain of the Cinematic Universe (our Thanos).

Also, I love the idea of Luigi being the villain of the first smash bros movie.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately too. Zelda 1 didn’t have a lot of story, so taking the Ocarina of Time approach might be better. Yes, that was technically “save the princess” too. But Zelda disguised herself as Sheik and helped Link, so was it really? Have them accompany each other during the journey!
Exactly!

FireMountain

That could be interesting - so essentially, they each are from different dimensions. Then the question becomes this: If some Master Hand plucks the multiverse’s greatest fighters for some Contest of Champions, why? Would the fighters willingly go the the Tournament, or would they be taken away? It also seems like we would be wanting a lot of time to set up the Nintendo Multiverse before creating the Smash Bros. Movie.

Here’s an idea - Master Hand is trying to build an army to fight Tabuu, who is the true villain of the Cinematic Universe (our Thanos).

Also, I love the idea of Luigi being the villain of the first smash bros movie.

I was thinking about Master Hand unwillingly capturing the heroes.

I love your idea about the "Army Against Tabuu" thing. That's brilliant. Maybe Tabuu wants eternal chaos. And Master Hand wants peace, so he captures powerful heroes to fight him.

I was a little confused at first about how to make Luigi evil. But I came up with an idea, maybe Tabuu notices Master Hand's plan, so Tabuu sends out some-kind of "Supspace Army" to defeat these heroes. And he mind-controls Luigi to be the general of the Supspace Army.

Another idea I had was to have Master hand realize that he needs to me more chaotic if he wants to beat Tabuu, he removes half of his soul to create a more chaotic verion of him, Crazy Hand.

kmbmw777

Original Poster
I was thinking about Master Hand unwillingly capturing the heroes.

I love your idea about the "Army Against Tabuu" thing. That's brilliant. Maybe Tabuu wants eternal chaos. And Master Hand wants peace, so he captures powerful heroes to fight him.

I was a little confused at first about how to make Luigi evil. But I came up with an idea, maybe Tabuu notices Master Hand's plan, so Tabuu sends out some-kind of "Supspace Army" to defeat these heroes. And he mind-controls Luigi to be the general of the Supspace Army.

Another idea I had was to have Master hand realize that he needs to me more chaotic if he wants to beat Tabuu, he removes half of his soul to create a more chaotic verion of him, Crazy Hand.
Here's one idea for a possible origin of worlds for the NCU that I came up with, which works with all of your ideas. Before I begin, my notion for Luigi to be evil is based off of the game Super Paper Mario, which is an amazing, enjoyable game.

The NCU begins with infinite earths - akin to many different things, such as DC Comics - with each having separate lore. Across Phase One of the story, the heroes are separate and have fun stories with their respective casts, but all notice R.O.B.s building complicated machines in their world. (The Subspace Bombs) They let the R.O.B.s do their thing, because they seem harmless. At a later time, each world suffers from an invasion by mysterious creatures, and the main heroes are whisked away to the Grand Stadium, where Master Hand tests their fighting. Some heroes (ie: Luigi) can be corrupted by the Subspace Creatures. The heroes try (and fail) to stop the bombs from going off. After they loose, their worlds are consumed by the bombs - which moves their worlds through space-time, so that they are all right next to each other. Master Hand reveals he is a good guy.

Does this make sense?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom