The new T-Rex restaurant.....

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Has anyone been yet to the new T-Rex restaurant yet? The place looks great and fun for the kids; but how is the food? :shrug:

KristieLC

We went two weeks ago, My son loved it. Food is OK - not great but not terrible either - just typical. Portions are big though - even kids portions were big. We did not order appitizers or dessert and we were stuffed. We went on a Sunday night, at about 7 and waited only 25 minutes.

mouselvrmom

I thought the food was good. Nothing fancy, kind of like what you would find at rainforest cafe. I had lasagna, hubby had a sandwich, kids had regular kid stuff. We had no complaints with the food.

I did however not appreciate our waiter who seemed utterly annoyed when we didn't want to buy any of the fancy drinks or the 20 dollar appetizer that he was pushing on us.

pacochran

We went a week and 1/2 ago and really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was great. Food is good (not great), and I thought the portions were good to. Thought it was a little pricy but that could be because of location. I thought it was better than a Rainforest, more action going on with the animatronics. Service was still a little bit off, some confusion amount servers as which table they wait on, and a couple of times almost got the appetiser and meal of the table next to us. With that we didn't wait much but the table across from us waited a long time.

KristieLC

I did however not appreciate our waiter who seemed utterly annoyed when we didn't want to buy any of the fancy drinks or the 20 dollar appetizer that he was pushing on us.

Sounds like we may have had the same server. He was pushing stuff on us too, but what was annoying is that he would kneel down to my 4 year old, point to all the other kids who had icee glasses and say "don't you want one too". I didn't think it was right. I would have bought it if he asked for it, and I may have even offered it, but I don't feel it is a servers place to sell to a kid. I mentioned it in another thread. What I did find comical was that my son doesn't like Icee's and just said "no thanks. I'll chocolate milk." He did the same thing with appetizers and didn't seem happy that we just didn't want them.

mouselvrmom

Sounds like we may have had the same server. He was pushing stuff on us too, but what was annoying is that he would kneel down to my 4 year old, point to all the other kids who had icee glasses and say "don't you want one too". I didn't think it was right. I would have bought it if he asked for it, and I may have even offered it, but I don't feel it is a servers place to sell to a kid. I mentioned it in another thread. What I did find comical was that my son doesn't like Icee's and just said "no thanks. I'll chocolate milk." He did the same thing with appetizers and didn't seem happy that we just didn't want them.

Oh, my. That is beyond rude. I think at that point his tip may have to suffer. If a parent says no, it's no. :mad: How great that your son totally shot him down, though. :sohappy:

lighteningqueen

We were there Sat Dec 6th. Wonderful experience... Nachos enough for 4 for a meal. Food was probably the bes there than what we ate all week at the parks and resorts. Not so good and pricier than last year

RonAnnArbor

Ate there last night...food is okay if you stick with burgers and fries, awful if you try anything else --

Steak Filet was 29.99 -- it was 2 inches by 2 inches in size, and while tasty, was literally 4 bites of food, and it came with a scoop of mashed potatoes and about 8 slices of over-spiced vegetables.

The soups were all watery and were obviously prepared using Gordon Food Service materials...(or the like)

Atmosphere is identical to Rainforest Cafe -- fun, noisy, and at least everything is currently working (unlike RFC where half of the animatronics have broken down and now just sit there)

My party of 4 all agreed that it was worth it once to see it, and not a place we would return. The main target market for T-Rex, by the way, appears to be 5 - 8 year old little boys with hyperactivity disorders....In all restaurant going I have ever done at DD, I have never seen so many exhausted parents yelling at their kids, and trying to get them to sit down, or pulling them down off of the walls (literally)...it made me tired just watching them (plus, it adds to the noise level, because once pulled off the wall and back into their seats, half of them display the typical 5-year old boy meltdowns)...

kmanship

Went there December 10th for lunch and got right in... Good atmosphere but way over-priced... especially for kids meals...

My 3 kids wanted Mac and Cheese. $6.99 each for Mac and Cheese and a piece of bread. This doesn't include drinks. A cup of milk was $1.99. I know it's Disney but $10 per children's meal after tax for a scoop of mac and cheese, bread and milk.... come on....

The food was average... nothing special. And the service was average...

It's one of those things where we can say we did it and that's it... We won't make it a must do anymore.

It's the same as Rainforest but with Dinosaurs...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom