The New Living Seas

ToTBellHop

no...just hungry...but that's a constant for me...eat non-stop and don't gain weight at disney world...it's great being a teenager!

Maria

Originally posted by Scooter

It's like riding the ride at NORWAY, the Maelstorm, I LOVE that but when it's done, and they open the doors to the theatre to watch that movie..I just run through and fly out the exit...shame on me but I've seeen the movie 5 times and that's enough for me.:(

I do the same! :D

Maria

Originally posted by DogsRule!
eat non-stop and don't gain weight at disney world...it's great being a teenager!

Yeah... just wait a few years until all you have eaten as a teenager starts "showing up".... :fork: :D ;)

d dude

i would really like to see a new movie come. it is soooooooooooo boring! and i have only whached it 1! I would also really hate to see the ride portion go, after all day wlking around Epcot i need to sit down on somthing besides a bench.

Tigggrl

I too miss the ride portion of the Living Seas. I sure can live without the movie though!:)
This has been oe of my favorite attractions at EPCOT since it opened. I have been hearing rumors over the last couple of days that they will be bringing the ride portion back! I sure hope so, I feel it added more to the overall "show" portion of the overall experience.
I will be headed up to the parks on Thursday, and if I end up at EPCOT, I will have to check it out and report back to you what I find. I will also be going up on the 5th and 6th, as I have tickets for Mickey's very merry, and of course I have to be there to celebrate Walt's birthday!
Anyone else going???:)
Disney Grins:)
Tigggrl

Chad

I hate to say it guys, but the current Omni mover ride is boring. It has no real story, and you just get to look at fish. As for it being realxing, it lasts all of what, 2 minutes? I say, out with the ride, make it a walk through, and turn the movie theater into a queline, still play the movie, but make it a set up like TGMR, where is plays as you move through the queue. Then, once you get to Sea Base, make there be another Omni-Ride, mirroring the great Horizons and World Of Motions. let is follow the movie, showing how the oceans where formed, then move through to the early ocean explorations (Enter jules verne :) ), then move to the future uses of the ocean (a la horizons ) With some realls neat sequences, and for the end, a new, revamped version of the 'pick your own ending' with your choice of "Following the Giant Squid" "Swimming through an underwater colony" "Exploring the coral reef" and "Underwater volcano" Let it enter and exit into the Sea Base, of course, a new building would have to be built...

Tigggrl

Hello Guys...
Well I just got back from Epcot, and I have to say that the seacabs are nt back yet!:(
I am truly disappointed, as I believe that their absence makes the overall show portion of this ride suffer. It made it so much more believeable. I plan on sending a formal complaint, but as we know, no one seems to listen! I just think that they are scrimping in that attraction, and there is no longer an interest for me personally there. It used to be one of my favorites. I guess I will have to see what they put up there when they decide to tear it down. It is a good concept, they just are doing nothing with it...Send the Manatees here to Mote Marine...they would be happier here:(
Tig:)

dopey

the living seas was one of the only attractions my 2-year-old just loved and the only attraction he wanted to go on again and again and again....

of course, he loves going to the aquarium here in chicago, too. so, what i'm saying, i guess, is that the ride portion made it more of an event, like what tig just said. otherwise, it's just another aquarium. and, frankly, a pretty weak one when you compare it to your average metro aquariums.

ToTBellHop

not sure the animals there would be happier anywhere else. They give them massive aquariums to live in...it's not like disney is rationing their food to save money...I think the coolest part of this pavillion is SeaBase Alpha, and they haven't done anything to it. I don't think taking out a 2 minute Omni-Mover is any cause to suddenly hate the pavillion, and I certainly don't think taking this out is hurting the animals...y'all need to take a chill pill (granted Living Seas could use an upgrade, closing the ride portion certainly won't change my opinion of the pavillion from last year...). It's not the end of the world. 76 DAYS!!!!
Kyle

Tigggrl

Dear Dogs Rule!...
Have you ever been to Mote Marine Labs in Sarasota??? Do you know about the great rescue work they do here, as well as the research??? I am not saying that they should take out the pavillion, and I dont hate it, but things at Epcot are supposed to be a Themed experience. I have one of the best places to see marine life right here at home!
I love aquariums too, and we have a great new one in Tampa, which is also closer to home. I just think that they could make the Living Seas better by keeping the experience more original, and more educational. I can do so many more things with my time at the resort...and I do...I am there on average once or twice a week. I just think it needs help. Part of the reason we went to go in was to hopefully keep numbers up, so they may NOT close the pavillion, just make some improvements!
Respectfully Yours,
Tig:)

ToTBellHop

personally, the rehab I would like to see is: extend the ride portion and have it be a tour of SeaBase Alpha. At the Seabase, they should add a dolphin show and a motion-simulator thrill ride based on Atlantis. I would then make the Coral Reef Restaurant accessible from SeaBase Alpha and retheme it to look like an extension of the base. Finally, I would make the hydrolators more realistic, w/ much more depth...sharks coming up to the glass, and the sun that you always see above the hydrolator...actually make it get bigger and smaller. Also, continue all the educational stuff--have the hydrolator go by one of those deep-sea vents and quickly heat up the hydrolator (like in Test Track w/ the heat chamber)...of course...the whole time, have dramatic music..."The Living Seas Theme". They need to update the preshows, too...a lot of the data presented is old...need to add all the new scientific discoveries, too.
Kyle

tmm7899

Fish Food

I am not sure if you guys know this or not. Well I am sure that some of you know it. The food that they serve to the fish in the aqarium is actually the same fish that they serve at the Coral Reef Restaurant. They only get one delivery of fish a day! Also I am studing to be a marine biologist and have been to my share of aquariums and the Living Sea is one of my favorites and I think that it is one of the best facilities because it has the coveted AZA accreditation.

VashtheStampede

Hey everybody! Do you all know that you can bypass the movie? They have been doing it this way since the sponsors pulled out...
They closed the left hand theater and made it a hall to the hydrolaters...

If it's a "walk at on pace" good, but if it's "forced line" not good. It's too bad the omnimover is going be taken out....

all hail the cuddlefish........

Chernabog

At first I was pretty upset about the ominmovers being taken out but after visiting and thinking about it it might be nice to have a walk at you own pace kinda thing just so long as it doesn't get crowded which it probably would. When I worked at MK, on my days off I would go to the Living Seas and sit for hours and read or write or just relax in those huge windows. It was so nice, I love being able to take my time to look at things. So, no omnimover might be okay.:cool:

Chris

We were at the Living Seas on Friday. It was actually better than it had ever been. My kids watched the divers feed all of the marine life, including the sharks. We had almost personal attention from one of the CMs and learned and saw a lot more than we had in the past. We spent over an hour in the LS and loved it.

Timekeeper

Damp Shorts

Also...I forgot to mention. After I watch the movie, for some reason I always feel the need to go to the bathroom. Anyone else experiance this? :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

I have personally left The Living Seas attraction with "damp shorts" many-a-time. Even though I always make sure to "go" prior to visiting the attraction, 9 times out of 10, I'll have an "accident."

It has basically come down to having to wear 2 pairs of cotton boxers. If I pass a concession stand on the way to The Living Seas, I'll be sure to grab a handfull of Mickey-napkins.

In instances when my "accident" is more noticeable than usual, I either go into the bathroom and spray more water on myself (as not to draw attention directly to my crotch), or go play with the kiddies in the dancing water fountains.

But I still love The Living Seas!

-Timekeeper

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom