The New Living Seas

MrPromey

Original Poster
The cast members at the Living Seas are currently reporting that the ride portion is down for referb. It is to my understanding that there is a highly probable chance that it will reopen as a walk through attraction. I don't know weather they intend to keep the line going straight through or weather it will be a walk at your own pace area that allows two way traffic. I was just wondering what everyone thought about all this. If it is in fact just a controlled line that you have to walk though, I'd be pretty upset because you'd have to keep moving just as if you were on the omnimover but if it's a go at your own pace thing, it might actually be nicer, giving you the opportunity to see more.

Chris

I don't really have a problem with it either way. I will be nice to walk through it regardless of paced or unpaced. I can't see how the can force you to keep moving unless the put in a moving walkway. Having CM's perform the task seems more expensive than the ride portion.

MrPromey

Original Poster
If they kept you in a line through it there would be problems because like you said, they would have trouble keeping people moving through it the whole time. I personally think that I would like it more as an open walkway (over the current ride system) too... I was wondering what the reaction on here would be about it, though because a lot of people are quick to point out how they are just cutting corners. In this instance, a low-tech version that would require no cast members and no mechanics would probably be better for everyone.

markymark

I think the walk thru idea is OK actually. I would rather walk through than not see that part of the attraction at all. Plus as has been said, I really don't think having it as a waiting line would work, too many people would be taking too much time looking at everything. Being able to go through at your own pace would make more sense.

Beauty and the

I think you should walk through at your own pace. I actually find those moving walkways rather annoying as they always go to fast and you never get to see all you want to. The kids kind of drive you wild as well as they spend more time trying to go backwards than they do looking at the attraction.:hammer:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The OmniMover must stay! :) That ride system is a staple part of any original Epcot Centre attraction! I really hope it doesnt get converted into a walk thru. Anyway, you can walk through on the upper floor, pretty much the same section that you ride through. So it isnt like you are seeing anything new my walking through the ride portion.

Rooster

Originally posted by wdwmagic
The OmniMover must stay! :) That ride system is a staple part of any original Epcot Centre attraction! I really hope it doesnt get converted into a walk thru. Anyway, you can walk through on the upper floor, pretty much the same section that you ride through. So it isnt like you are seeing anything new my walking through the ride portion.

Great Point. I agree, keep the OmniMover:cool:

Goofster

I do love that omnimover! Can't they just make the glass windows a little larger, and add some paintings or pictures to the walls to make it seem a little more "under the sea"?

tmm7899

I agree I think that the omnimover should stay. Although it is a good idea to make the windows larger so that more is visible this would be incredibly difficult because there are over 6 million gallons of water in the aquarium. To my knowledge they do not have a facility large enough to hold all of the animals. So in my own opinion I think that enlarging the windows is probably out of the question.

ToTBellHop

they need to build an Oceania land at Animal Kingdom...with sea lions and such...then they'd have a place to put the animals during a changeover

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by DogsRule!
they need to build an Oceania land at Animal Kingdom...with sea lions and such...then they'd have a place to put the animals during a changeover

Oh, and another thing I forgot to mention: The lockout chamber thing is working again. They had a guy in it the last time I was there... and I also got the pictures of MS that you wanted, Steve :)

Coronado

When United Technologies (Carrier AC, Otis Elevator, etal) decided to terminate their sponsorship I could see the quality of the building go down. The whole EPCOT area was developed on the backs of sponsors who put out big bucks to get their logo on the buildings.....the company had a special guest reception area with access to the attraction that bypassed the que lines for corporate dealers such as Carrier AC companies....It was very nice but everything changes....and hopefully for the better... we do not need another meet and greet area for characters.

msallas

Under the seas

Just returned from the World where I had the pleasure of revisiting the Living seas. At this point they just let you out of the theatre and onto the "Hydrolators" and then you are free to roam. The only problem is that they don't tell you where anything is and it's very unorganized. You of course end up with 75 people standing there going what are we supposed to do now. I missed the ride terribly. Hopefully they will bring it back!

OldKeyWest24

im fine with it as long as they get rid of the stupid movie...it rained and it rained and it rained..soooo boring..my uncle drags me on just too annoy me he knows all the words to the movie! oye!

Susan

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by OldKeyWest24
im fine with it as long as they get rid of the stupid movie...it rained and it rained and it rained..soooo boring..my uncle drags me on just too annoy me he knows all the words to the movie! oye!

Susan

I never stuck around for the Movie, I just went right to the hydrolators. I kinda liked the ride portion. I just hope they dont make it a moving walkway. That way you could just walk at your own pace and check things out.

Scooter

I LIKE the movie!!
I watch it every time and wouldn't MISS it. Pardon me people, but this pavillion isn't just about watching FISH...if you're not careful, you might even LEARN something.

I DO however, think watching the movie should be optional. After you've seen it a few times it can get old for some. I remember when they MADE you watch the movie and people would just sit there and GROAN..hahahaha.

It's like riding the ride at NORWAY, the Maelstorm, I LOVE that but when it's done, and they open the doors to the theatre to watch that movie..I just run through and fly out the exit...shame on me but I've seeen the movie 5 times and that's enough for me.:(

ToTBellHop

a lot of us sprint through the movie portion of norway...myself included :) As for the Living Seas movie, sure...it could be more interesting, but I find the "and they rained...and rained...and rained....THE DELUGE!" lights kinda humorous (not intended to be, I'm sure...but they are!) It's only five minutes, so I sit through it...

Scooter

EXACTLY!!

That "It rained...and it rained..and it rained...the DELUGE" part is
the best!! For me it's like a Can't be missed part of The Living Seas. I mouth the words right along with the movie and my wife gets all ticked off at me...lol

Also...I forgot to mention. After I watch the movie, for some reason I always feel the need to go to the bathroom. Anyone else experiance this? :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom