Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

93boomer

Premium Member
Thursday, con’t

After exiting BTMRR, Em and I proceeded quickly to our fave spot to watch HEA. We made it with five minutes to spare.

View attachment 305562

View attachment 305563

She caught me!
View attachment 305564

There wasn’t a Photopass photographer nearby tonight. Em got some nice pics though.

View attachment 305565

View attachment 305566
“Reach out and find your.......Happily Ever After!!”

HEA ended at 9:35 pm and the park closed at 10, meaning the majority of guests were headed for the exit at the same time. We were hoping to take the alternate trek behind Main Street near Casey’s, but it wasn’t open. :bored: We were shoulder-to-shoulder with thousands of our closest (and by that I mean proximity!) friends which made for a very slow and very claustrophobic walk out.

The worst area was in Town Square prior to the train tunnel merge.

View attachment 305567

At one point Em commented to me, “Usually it is never easy to leave MK on our last night, but I can’t wait to get out of here!”

Out on the other side of the train tunnel we breathed sighs of relief.

However, we had yet another long wait for a bus. 😡 (At closing time that’s inexcusable!) It was after 11 pm before we got back to our room and began the sad task of packing up.

We had an early appointment with the Tragical.
Pretty fireworks pix!! 😟for masses of people, late bus, and tragical!!

slipperalwaysfits

Sorry about the rainy afternoon but I'm so glad you got BTMRR on your last night and a gorgeous fireworks viewing!!! Man, what a mess leaving the park! That part is never fun but I almost think the waiting almost an hour after park close for a bus is worse!! We've done that many times and it's super frustrating that they can't send so many buses to the park that is currently closing. I know they have a great system but sometimes, when your feet hurt and it's late, it doesn't feel like it!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Overall, seems like a nice way to end your trip, and the shot of the castle from the Peoplemover with the sun going down was absolutely stunning! :happy::happy::happy:

Yes, I can relate to a very bad day at work in Education! I hope she has a great academic year ahead!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thursday, con’t

After exiting BTMRR, Em and I proceeded quickly to our fave spot to watch HEA. We made it with five minutes to spare.

View attachment 305562

View attachment 305563

She caught me!
View attachment 305564

There wasn’t a Photopass photographer nearby tonight. Em got some nice pics though.

View attachment 305565

View attachment 305566
“Reach out and find your.......Happily Ever After!!”

HEA ended at 9:35 pm and the park closed at 10, meaning the majority of guests were headed for the exit at the same time. We were hoping to take the alternate trek behind Main Street near Casey’s, but it wasn’t open. :bored: We were shoulder-to-shoulder with thousands of our closest (and by that I mean proximity!) friends which made for a very slow and very claustrophobic walk out.

The worst area was in Town Square prior to the train tunnel merge.

View attachment 305567

At one point Em commented to me, “Usually it is never easy to leave MK on our last night, but I can’t wait to get out of here!”

Out on the other side of the train tunnel we breathed sighs of relief.

However, we had yet another long wait for a bus. 😡 (At closing time that’s inexcusable!) It was after 11 pm before we got back to our room and began the sad task of packing up.

We had an early appointment with the Tragical.

I love the picture of you watching the fireworks! Just wonderful!

djpoore94

Ankle deep water from the monsoon. Even an umbrella couldn’t prevent total drenching today.

View attachment 298734
Looks like our trip in May. It rained, a lot, every day. I think we had ponchos on pretty much all the time. It even followed us up the coast to Ocean Isle Beach, NC where it rained every day except our final day. I'm sure that's why I'm not even close to being at peace with not knowing when our next trip to the World will be.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, July 27

Em and I were up before dawn to get ready to leave. We had my special “duo” muffins for breakfast before making that long hallway walk one final time.

Dropped our bags at Resort Airline Check In and the Tragical arrived at 7:20 am ~ right on time.

0B77CB46-9064-4DDF-9966-339930F058E9.jpeg

Em’s face summed up both our feelings!

On the way to the airport Em remembered that she’d left her journal in the nightstand drawer. I immediately phoned Beach Club Lost and Found and left a detailed message describing the journal (Haunted Mansion @riverside), its location and my contact info. I requested a call back to confirm receipt of my message.

I reassured Em that the housekeeper would surely find it when she prepped the room for new guests. And we’ve all heard stories about how Disney goes above-and-beyond reuniting lost items with their owners. There was nothing to worry about!

But after we’d landed in Atlanta and I had no confirmation of someone receiving my message I called back. This time I reached a live CM who said yes, she had received my message and apologized for not calling me back. I repeated the details again and she said she would contact me once the journal was located.

A week went by. I was certain the journal would just show up via courier or US Mail. All the housekeeper (or a manager) had to do was open the nightstand drawer and bring it to Lost and Found....easy peasy.

Yet no journal arrived.

I finally called back and talked to the same CM. “Nothing was found,” she said. “Sorry I forgot to call you.”

That was it???! No spectacular Disney “we make dreams come true” customer service? That must have been one amazing Haunted Mansion journal to “disappear” on its own. 🙄

Thus my current opinion of Beach Club ~ based on our recent experience ~ is less than favorable. Poor bus service, irresponsible housekeeping and mediocre customer assistance (in several matters) have me leery of booking another stay.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That's too bad about the journal, from your description it would have been easy for them to find. It sounds like someone was too lazy and uncaring to either pass along the message and/or follow through on returning something. Or worse, it is still in the room because the room was never properly cleaned. :cautious::confused:

I knew of someone who stayed recently at the Beach Club and they were not allowed/given a room number until after 8 pm! Yikes, not good service!

Sillysidewalker

Friday, July 27

Em and I were up before dawn to get ready to leave. We had my special “duo” muffins for breakfast before making that long hallway walk one final time.

Dropped our bags at Resort Airline Check In and the Tragical arrived at 7:20 am ~ right on time.

View attachment 305872

Em’s face summed up both our feelings!

On the way to the airport Em remembered that she’d left her journal in the nightstand drawer. I immediately phoned Beach Club Lost and Found and left a detailed message describing the journal (Haunted Mansion @riverside), its location and my contact info. I requested a call back to confirm receipt of my message.

I reassured Em that the housekeeper would surely find it when she prepped the room for new guests. And we’ve all heard stories about how Disney goes above-and-beyond reuniting lost items with their owners. There was nothing to worry about!

But after we’d landed in Atlanta and I had no confirmation of someone receiving my message I called back. This time I reached a live CM who said yes, she had received my message and apologized for not calling me back. I repeated the details again and she said she would contact me once the journal was located.

A week went by. I was certain the journal would just show up via courier or US Mail. All the housekeeper (or a manager) had to do was open the nightstand drawer and bring it to Lost and Found....easy peasy.

Yet no journal arrived.

I finally called back and talked to the same CM. “Nothing was found,” she said. “Sorry I forgot to call you.”

That was it???! No spectacular Disney “we make dreams come true” customer service? That must have been one amazing Haunted Mansion journal to “disappear” on its own. 🙄

Thus my current opinion of Beach Club ~ based on our recent experience ~ is less than favorable. Poor bus service, irresponsible housekeeping and mediocre customer assistance (in several matters) have me leery of booking another stay.

I had the same thing happen at the Contemporary in December. I had taken photos of the room as we were leaving. While in the tragical I notice my flat iron on the bottom shelf in one of the pics. I immediately called lost and found. They were less than nice and my over $100 flat iron was gone. It shouldn’t be that hard to get your item retrieved when you know EXACTLY where they were left.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Years ago I worked for a hotel management company (no connection to WDW). Guests would forget things more often than you'd think, but the follow through from housekeeping, etc., was very good. Once an item was found, management could call the guest and make arrangements to return it (usually via Fedex, etc.). It's not hard to do (especially with very good detailed description of the item and the location), and it really fosters goodwill between the hotel and guest--and promotes return visits.

Disappointed to hear of your experience and that of Sillysidewalker, too at the BC and the Contemporary--both (supposedly) top tier hotels. :facepalm:

riverside

Premium Member
That’s a bummer about Em’s journal. Especially bc it wouldn’t have taken much effort for them to retrieve it. It’s amazing how different people are. This morning mousekeeping knocked on our door to wish us a great last day & asked if we needed anything else. It’s the little things that people do, or don’t do, that can make a big difference.

Songbird76

That's too bad about the journal, from your description it would have been easy for them to find. It sounds like someone was too lazy and uncaring to either pass along the message and/or follow through on returning something. Or worse, it is still in the room because the room was never properly cleaned. :cautious::confused:

I knew of someone who stayed recently at the Beach Club and they were not allowed/given a room number until after 8 pm! Yikes, not good service!
I'm guessing it's more like someone from mousekeeping now has a nice new haunted mansion journal. It couldn't have grown legs and walked away, and the fact that they were told exactly where it was, it HAD to have been found. So my guess is that whoever cleaned the room kept it.

slipperalwaysfits

Depressing about the journal! Especially since that's a deluxe resort, you'd think they'd definitely go above and beyond. We stay at the All-Stars and we are always impressed that they go above and beyond for us. Walt prided himself on amazing customer service, and I know the company still places a premium on it. I know it's hard with so many employees but it's a standard and it's depressing that some people don't believe in kindness, courtesy and professionalism.

So...when's your next trip and where are you staying? @Tuvalu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom