The Neighbor Lady and TP2000 Walk Into a Bar...

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Bravo @TP2000!!!

I have to say, while not much of this news is surprising (sadly), it is good to hear from a truly reliable source that what we've been speculating on around here is actually being felt and seen inside the ranks of WDI.

-They bungled Marvel Land from the moment they created M:BO and it will only get worse
-The new DL hotel was butt-ugly and horribly shoe-horned in like a standard Bob Chapek IP.
-SWL will suck with crowding and I expected B.E. to have operational issues. (Go big or go home...or just go home, the rides not working)
-Chapek was a bum from the start who just saw the parks as extensions of the Disney store and I'm glad people are finally wising up to this. Heaven help us if he's seriously being considered as an Iger successor.

Cheers again, TP and mystery neighbor lady!

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’d be shocked if at any point in 2019 either ride has a wait below 60 minutes. Pandora opened over a year and a half ago and both of those rides have waits above 80 minutes right now.

I never said below 60. And ok, maybe 60 is being a bit to ambitious, but it was to emphasize the point I was trying to make. Its not going to be 3+ hours a couple months after opening. 60-90 minute wait is likely going to be the normal.

mickEblu

Well isnt that rich? Lol. Let’s remove all planters and widen all walk ways across the park so you can get to SWL BUT when you get there you ll find narrow NOS alley/ walkways and two attractions with terrible capacity.

Anyway thanks for the update @TP200. I’m glad Mickey still has the green light and that it’s an expansion of Toontown with Roger staying. It’s fascinating that after years of Toontown being rumored to be on the chopping block it’s not only staying but being expanded.

A C ticket opening with Marvel land in ITTBAB has me even more concerned. So just how many phases is this thing going to be exactly? All of the valuable real estate in ITTBAB for some C ticket spinner? Then eventually I would imagine leveling ITTBAB (or using it for a real attraction) and moving the spinner would have to be a part of the long term plans for the land if it’s going to have any chance at being something impressive. So basically, their Marvel plans are so in flux that they created more long term work for a small short term “gain.”

Last edited:

Phroobar

I've been hearing that Mickey will have low capacity numbers too since no one at WDI has a clue about ops. I also hear the MK version of Buzz Lightyear will be repurposed for Antman and the Wasp shooter. The ride mechanism stays but the theme changes.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I've been hearing that Mickey will have low capacity numbers too since no one at WDI has a clue about ops. I also hear the MK version of Buzz Lightyear will be repurposed for Antman and the Wasp shooter. The ride mechanism stays but the theme changes.
I thought Ant Man was part of the no-use Marvel characters for Orlando???

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well isnt that rich? Lol. Let’s remove all planters and widen all walk ways across the park so you can get to SWL BUT when you get there you ll find narrow NOS alley/ walkways and two attractions with terrible capacity.

Anyway thanks for the update @TP200. I’m glad Mickey still has the green light and that it’s an expansion of Toontown with Roger staying. It’s fascinating that after years of Toontown being rumored to be on the chopping block it’s not only staying but being expanded.

A C ticket opening with Marvel land in ITTBAB has me even more concerned. So just how many phases is this thing going to be exactly? All of the valuable real estate in ITTBAB for some C ticket spinner? Then eventually I would imagine leveling ITTBAB (or using it for a real attraction) and moving the spinner would have to be a part of the long term plans for the land if it’s going to have any chance at being something impressive. So basically, their Marvel plans are so in flux that they created more long term work for a small short term “gain.”

What if they are planning to take out Astro Orbiter as part of the crowd flow improvements and redo them as an Iron Man attraction for DCA Marvel..... :eek: Just a thought.

JD2000

...trying to decide how the land entry strategy will work, and they fully expect to have to close the land continually due to overcrowding. ... The fear is that the land will fill to capacity within the first hour or two of park opening, then people in the land won't want to leave, and lines will form to get in on the Big Thunder Trail system.
Perhaps single use entry tickets to each attraction (rides, stores etc) would solve these issues.

He's not as bad as Paul Pressler was 20 years ago, but it's not good.
Not sure about that after Pixar Pier, lack of general maintenance, etc.

Mickey's Runaway Railway is still slated to take over the northern flanks of Toontown and pushing the park boundary north, forcing the existing rehearsal halls and Entertainment Dept. offices off property.
Just demolish Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin; it always felt to be a misfit for Disneyland.

Practical Pig

Back in July, Alain Littaye of Disney and More posted this rumor:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2018/07/rumor-next-super-hero-attraction-at-dca.html

The rumor, which Alain says is well-sourced (without providing the source), claims that the first attraction to open will be a Spiderman 4D projection show in an adapted ITTBAB theater. It's an interesting read, and makes good sense all things considered.

We'll see.

the.dreamfinder

The problem is that WDI, like any other organization, is probably hiring people based on the quality of their resumes instead of their knowledge of/love for Disney Parks. Sure, Candidate X might have an MBA from Stanford, Candidate Z might have an MFA and an impressive art portfolio, but what good does that all do if they don’t know anything about Theme Park design?
Tony, Eddie, and Tom all started their Disney careers on the ground at Disneyland.

The problem is that that connection has been severed by the company.

TwilightZone

Oh, heck no! Roger's a popular ride based on a much-loved film. And it's a fun variation on the Fantasyland dark rides. It certainly fits DL better than Star Wars, Marvel... or even Pooh in Critter Country.
Me personally, I'm all for mickey going in that spot, toontown needs a lot of tlc. Last time I was there I think I saw missing paint in areas. And if mickey brings that along with it, I'm all for it. Plus the ride itself sounds way more amazing and fun than roger will ever be.
Sorry to all roger fans who will read this.

mickEblu

Back in July, Alain Littaye of Disney and More posted this rumor:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2018/07/rumor-next-super-hero-attraction-at-dca.html

The rumor, which Alain says is well-sourced (without providing the source), claims that the first attraction to open will be a Spiderman 4D projection show in an adapted ITTBAB theater. It's an interesting read, and makes good sense all things considered.

We'll see.

Better than a spinner but still a stopgap no?

Rich T

Me personally, I'm all for mickey going in that spot, toontown needs a lot of tlc. Last time I was there I think I saw missing paint in areas. And if mickey brings that along with it, I'm all for it. Plus the ride itself sounds way more amazing and fun than roger will ever be.
Sorry to all roger fans who will read this.
But why can't we have both? Roger's the only good thing about Toontown at this point. Everything *else* there can go.

VJ

Hasn't it been said over and over by @GiveMeTheMusic that Disneyland management is making it up as they go along?

And I'm not convinced that Chapek is in any danger of leaving. Remove your fanboy hat and think like a Disney executive for a second. Disney executives/shareholders want money. Chapek brings them wheelbarrows full of money, at the expense of literally everything else (but that part doesn't matter, because money comes above all else). Therefore... isn't he succeeding?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom