The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Cmdr_Crimson

Not saying this is actually a possibility, but if for arguements sake let’s say it did happen. They don’t have enough space in muppets courtyard for monsters...right?

edit: I’m all for monsters going into the studios...but I don’t want the muppets to get the axe (which I know they eventually will)
There is a Mermaid that can be Evicted in a courtyard...
ifuknowwhatimean.jpg

gmajew

Premium Member
This is sad it was a great addition and got people to stop and watch something different while parents shopped in the Xmas store etc. it also killed time waiting for presidents. But it was extremely well done and was a lot of fun...

wdworlandlover

When I just opened this thread I began reading the very first posts from April 2016, where there was disbelief and disgust (for the most part) of the rumor that this Muppet show in Liberty Square was potentially happening. It’s interesting to compare it to the most recent posts, where so many people are sad it’s leaving. I’m not really making any commentary here. Just an observation. 😀
I will add that I’ve always very much enjoyed the show. I wish it was sticking around.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Eliminating employees is a quick way to cut expenses, and eliminating entertainment can be done without having a tangible impact on guests. Of course it does hurt guest satisfaction but that is easy to ignore.
Easily removed, easily forgotten....

SirLink

Well this a shame but when you only have one VP fighting for the show then that VP gets moved over to run the Muppets Studio and no one to fight for it plus equity performers. Its time was nearly up, if you don't want it to be removed email Bob ' I love money' Chapek and go into the park go to guest relations complain.

BlakeW39

Okay so now I'm understanding thing slightly differently.

Apparently there was a Muppets show taking place after Muppets take Manhattan. It would have dealt with storytelling akin to that of the existing Muppet films (hopefully not like the newest one... sheesh). But it seems like the unscripted Muppets Now series on Disney+ is still a go, and will be more similar to the original Muppets Show and feature celeb guests.

My original post on the boards may be wrong (now my fault though - major outlets reported the Disney+ show as cancelled) https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/muppets-now-series-on-disney-cancelled.959010/#post-8880433

FoozieBear

Apparently there was a Muppets show taking place after Muppets take Manhattan. It would have dealt with storytelling akin to that of the existing Muppet films (hopefully not like the newest one... sheesh). But it seems like the unscripted Muppets Now series on Disney+ is still a go, and will be more similar to the original Muppets Show and feature celeb guests.

My original post on the boards may be wrong (now my fault though - major outlets reported the Disney+ show as cancelled) https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/muppets-now-series-on-disney-cancelled.959010/#post-8880433

Many clickbait websites presented the story incorrectly. At Disney+, there were two Muppet TV shows in development, one of which was announced at D23, titled Muppets Now. A second series, tentatively titled Muppets Live Another Day was also being produced by Josh Gad, Adam Horowitz, and Edward Kitsis. This got scrapped however when Gad and Co. walked away because of a change in management at The Muppets Studio. New leadership decided that they wanted to create an entirely new Muppet series that was different from the concept Gad and Horowitz had created and encouraged them to create another idea, but after having worked on this idea for over a year with the previous TMS management and not wanting to throw away a whole year of work, they walked away from the project. This project is only dead because Gad and Co. decided so, not because Disney decided they didn't want to make a Muppet show.

To recap: The indication seems to be that another Muppet series is still in the works, but the specific one that Gad was working on is dead.

Last edited:

BlakeW39

Many clickbait websites presented the story incorrectly. At Disney+, there were two Muppet TV shows in development, one of which was announced at D23, titled Muppets Now. A second series, tentatively titled Muppets Live Another Day was also being produced by Josh Gad, Adam Horowitz, and Edward Kitsis. This got scrapped however when Gad and Co. walked away because of a change in management at The Muppets Studio. New leadership decided that they wanted to create an entirely new Muppet series that was different from the concept Gad and Horowitz had created and encouraged them to create another idea, but after having worked on this idea for over a year with the previous TMS management and not wanting to throw away a whole year of work, they walked away from the project. This project is only dead because Gad and Co. decided so, not because Disney decided it so.

To recap: The indication seems to be that another Muppet series is still in the works, but the specific one that Gad was working on is dead.

Yeah that lol. I do remember hearing about that series too, but totally forgot about it because I didn't entirely trust that it'd happen... and wow would ya look at that lol

Cmdr_Crimson

Still an odd plot for that Josh Gad film..
Being a follow up to The Muppets Take Manhattan, with Kermit trying to get the gang back together to find a lost Rowlf??

Did he watch the movie?..Rowlf was working in a kennel in the film
b50f490e-c375-4d0a-84b2-a3d7b83cdf53_screenshot.jpg

And He's in The Manhattan Melodies show...
hqdefault.jpg

It just seems strange that a character that was there was missing the whole Time....Or am I missing something here...

Also, side fun fact I just found out about....If you do go to Sardi's where they filmed the scene where Kermit removed Liza Minelli's portrait to sell his play...They still have Kermit's portrait still there but, in different location....
kermit.jpg

Surfin' Tuna

Muppet*Vision isn't closing...The show they did in Liberty Square on the outside of Hall of Presidents is ending...
I would almost rather them close MuppetVision. When they announced this new show I was against it, because it seemed like it was in the wrong place. Now, I've grown to love it. It's not that it's that great, but it is something and it's cute/fun. The MK used to be full of things and stuff happening. There was energy. The Swan Boats weren't great, but they added some life around the castle. The SkyWay was flying over head. There was energy and fun. There were families enjoying time with each other - what an idea someone had almost 65 years ago. Now, it's rush from ride to ride and make sure you don't miss your fastpass+ time. Then make sure you pop into a merchandise location and buy the same junk we sell at every other merchandise location. Keep raising prices - people will keep paying it until it's no longer worth it. I'm hearing more and more people say it's not worth it. Quit taking away the stuff that makes it special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom