The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

mikejs78

Premium Member
Sword in the Stone doesn't have an attraction or a whole section dedicated to it. I love the Muppets, but Kermit and his friends days are numbered.

Muppetvision 3D could easily be changed to fit Laugh Floor. The monster show has always felt out of place anyways. It should have never been in Tomorrowland.

And the city environment that still remains could be changed into Monstropolis.

Except that's not happening.

I'm willing to bet The Muppets have more of a following than Sword in the Stone 🤷‍♂️
Of course the Muppets have a far greater following than The Sword In The Stone ever had. If I were to walk into a crowded room and start impersonating the Swedish Chef, Miss Piggy, or Kermit, people would instantaneously catch the reference. Those characters are a treasured part of the fabric of our society. Yet if I were to walk into that same crowded room and start uttering: "Higitus figitus migitus mum. Prestidigitonium!", paramedics would probably show up over fears I was having a stroke.

Tony the Tigger

Of course the Muppets have a far greater following than The Sword In The Stone ever had. If I were to walk into a crowded room and start impersonating the Swedish Chef, Miss Piggy, or Kermit, people would instantaneously catch the reference. Those characters are a treasured part of the fabric of our society. Yet if I were to walk into that same crowded room and start uttering: "Higitus figitus migitus mum. Prestidigitonium!", paramedics would probably show up over fears I was having a stroke.

Until after the live action remake in 2026.

The Grand Inquisitor

And the show is getting cut :(
Bob Chapek and his BUDGET CUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brb1006

Sword in the Stone doesn't have an attraction or a whole section dedicated to it. I love the Muppets, but Kermit and his friends days are numbered.

Muppetvision 3D could easily be changed to fit Laugh Floor. The monster show has always felt out of place anyways. It should have never been in Tomorrowland.

What about the Disney+ Muppet series?

Casper Gutman

Folks really need to stop trying to defend Disney’s real world actions with reference to possible or entirely imaginary future developments. No more justifying the Avatar boat ride with reference to some fictional future expansion, no more pretending the MGM makeover is anything other then awful by pretending the superior plans weren’t cancelled years ago and will never return, no more positing that closing rides and shows will move elsewhere. Admit what WDW is doing and deal with the company’s actual actions.

EricsBiscuit

How about “no?”

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

The armchair is solid. It's the whole "it's happening thing" that's the issue.

jumpinjamie

This show and Muppetvision 3D were honestly a big part in the decision in going to WDW for the first time with my daughter in 2017. We've gone every since and see both shows every time. She is a Muppet kid. She watches Muppet Babies, The Muppet Show, and the movies. She plays with the Palisades Muppet action figures. Seeing the puppets in person was magical to her. Removing these characters really is a disservice to the franchise. Josh Gad and producers had a really great sounding series in the works that got cancelled. Instead, we're going to get a series of shorts of the characters improvising (no writers to hire). If they're not going to use them properly, just sell them back to the Henson Company as I'm sure Netflix would be more than happy to do something of substance with them.

MickeyMouse10

Oh no, here we go again

Hello and Goodbye Dsource. I know you're going to take off yet again and watch us talk about it and you. Are you actually getting odd pleasures from this you weirdo? 😂😂

I do think it actually is a genius idea though.

Sue_Vongello

If it’s truly cancelled because of “budget” reasons then this is the ultimate nickel and dime move ... I mean how much could that attraction have possibly cost annually to operate? It has to be minuscule in the big picture, especially because if it’s schedule I assume the CMs also do other jobs as well, so they aren’t full time CMs for this show? I could be wrong. But I’m not wrong that it’s probably top 5 least expensive to operate in Magic Kingdom if not all the parks. Absolutely ridiculous.

Maybe Bob just needs to divert all the entertainment dollars to the Star Wars Land entertainment everyone knows he bungled.

This guy is a joke. No brainer decisions left and right and he picks the opposite consistently. Has there ever been an exec more completely out of touch with the customer base and the product he is in charge of running?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Why is everyone panicking.
If it’s truly cancelled because of “budget” reasons then this is the ultimate nickel and dime move ... I mean how much could that attraction have possibly cost annually to operate? It has to be minuscule in the big picture, especially because if it’s schedule I assume the CMs also do other jobs as well, so they aren’t full time CMs for this show? I could be wrong. But I’m not wrong that it’s probably top 5 least expensive to operate in Magic Kingdom if not all the parks. Absolutely ridiculous.

Maybe Bob just needs to divert all the entertainment dollars to the Star Wars Land entertainment everyone knows he bungled.

This guy is a joke. No brainer decisions left and right and he picks the opposite consistently. Has there ever been an exec more completely out of touch with the customer base and the product he is in charge of running?
I nominate Gerald Ratner .

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If it’s truly cancelled because of “budget” reasons then this is the ultimate nickel and dime move ... I mean how much could that attraction have possibly cost annually to operate?

Eliminating employees is a quick way to cut expenses, and eliminating entertainment can be done without having a tangible impact on guests. Of course it does hurt guest satisfaction but that is easy to ignore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom