The Muppet Kingdom

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Original Poster
I just saw on Allears that the Muppets are getting their own show in the Magic Kingdom this fall. For some reason, I'm not sure I really like the idea of the Muppets being in the Magic Kingdom. Anybody else feel kinda conflicted about this? For the record, I adore the Muppets in general. I'm just more of a "purist" about the MK and think of it more as a place for more traditionally animated characters.

Variable

I just saw on Allears that the Muppets are getting their own show in the Magic Kingdom this fall. For some reason, I'm not sure I really like the idea of the Muppets being in the Magic Kingdom. Anybody else feel kinda conflicted about this? For the record, I adore the Muppets in general. I'm just more of a "purist" about the MK and think of it more as a place for more traditionally animated characters.

I don't like it all.

Stand by for the flaming.

Disneyhead'71

Sounds terrible. The Muppets are all about self-referential humor and breaking the fourth wall. The Magic Kingdom is the polar opposite of that.
These fellows would argue that point.
large_5608605568.jpg

Disneyhead'71

It is odd to someone not American. Seems rather.... crass. As good as it may be without pre judging the product.

Kind of like if we had Buckingham Palace in Epcot and we hung Spitting Image puppets out the window.
We...um...don't hold our leaders in same regard as the Brits do the Royals.

Crass is what us Americans do best. We have one foot firmly planted in civilized society.

Worldlover71

I love the Muppets too and welcome a new show starring them. I wonder if this is a permanent show or if perhaps it is a test for a larger show in the Muppet area at the Studios. What I do hope is that it is the "actual" Mupppets and not the slightly scary walk around characters. I find them a little disturbing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom