The "mourning the loss of the Adventurers Club" Thread is here....

CaptainMichael

based on waning interest posted here, not much hope....

Personally, interest hasn't waned for me. I've been trying to get as much AC stuff as I can afford from Ebay, and Friday night, I actually made the original Kungaloosh which was totally different from the most recent daquiri version. :slurp:

There's only so much hoping that can be done with absolutely no news or signs of promise to cling onto. The horrible economy doesn't necessarily help our cause either because Disney is trying to cut costs wherever and whenever possible.

I will continue to hope that we see the club in some shape or form in the future, but until then, I will continue the adventuring spirit in my everyday life.

If anyone would like to meet up at the club December 20-23, let me know. I'd like to go pay tribute somehow since I wasn't able to make it for the final Hoopla (HOOPLA!).

chaggy102

I'm always game to meet up at the club...I'm hoping to run into George sometime this week and see if they're going to do another Kungaloosh night, we can only hope.

chaggy102

They're definately due for another one. Just love how Rightguard just posted some AC photos on his facebook account and I just rewatched the final Hoopla!, it just sucks that time is running out to save the club and all the odds are stacked against us. They can take our club but Atleast Disney can't take away our memories.

CaptainMichael

They're definately due for another one. Just love how Rightguard just posted some AC photos on his facebook account and I just rewatched the final Hoopla!, it just sucks that time is running out to save the club and all the odds are stacked against us. They can take our club but Atleast Disney can't take away our memories.

I watch the Final Hoopla quite often. Everyone was on top of their game that night, and Blade did an outstanding job at bringing Sutter to life for the first (and last) time.

The memories will indeed last a lifetime, and Disney can do nothing about that.

sknydave

Off-topic, but I noticed one of the regular comedians from the Comedy Warehouse is now doing the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

Mr.EPCOT

News flash dude, the club is closed! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!!!

Why didn't you figure that out from the prior posts?

News flash dude, they've been serving Kungalooshes at Pleasure Island and Adventurers have been meeting there to enjoy them!

Why didn't you figure that out from the prior posts? :rolleyes:

EPCOT Explorer

I don't take it personally, I am just trying to present my case for optimism. To be honest, I even still hold out a small hope that a version of Horizons might come back some day. Hope and optimism are just a couple of those strong qualities that that ride and all of EPCOT Center helped instill in me when I was young.
:sohappy:

Thiger

I concur. While the economy may have forced the mouse's hands/paw to close up the AC, I'm sure they realize that they could incorporate into the parks when things pick up again!

I also think that its possible for a new horizons to return, you just never know!

Dubman

the economy may have forced the mouse's hands/paw to close up the AC

Thats what I thought as well, but I was told the decision to close to club was made long before the economy soured.. Don't know how reliable that info is though.. It's also been said that since the economy has gone bad, some of the potential new clients have backed out.. All remains to be seen.. I will never lose hope that the club will come back in some form, and the memories I have of the club will never go away!!

chaggy102

News flash dude, the club is closed! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!!!

Why didn't you figure that out from the prior posts?

Newsflash as already restated....Laffers Cantina has served them on occasion.

Cool!!!

I also know that Sugar snaps in the Magic Kingdom at adventureland.

Last I knew she and Snoopy were doing Velcro at Epcot....and now I know she's off to do Idol...when was she at MK?

CaptainMichael

It snowed this morning in Baton Rouge, and being the adventurer I am, I did this:

n23431586_43930943_1598.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom