The "mourning the loss of the Adventurers Club" Thread is here....

nyfrenchy

Original Poster
Welcome to the "Mourning the loss of the Adventurers Club" thread, the place to cry over each other shoulders...

nyfrenchy

Original Poster
I had so many great dates at the Adventurers Club (and the Comedy Club).... Now it really sucks to be single....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I had so many great dates at the Adventurers Club (and the Comedy Club).... Now it really sucks to be single....
My 7 year old about made me slit my own wrists last night when I was watching Snoopy sing his last song as Emill.

"Daddy, I am sure going to miss that place."

Unplugged

Is this dump closed yet?

As your tag line states, "Greatness can from anywhere", but based on the abruptness and candor of your comment in a thread intended for fans, I can tell there's no greatness coming from you. Your comment actually shows you don't "get" your own tag line.

Our celebration of that which was the AC, is about the loss of greatness. No, I'm not talking about a structure that served booze, or a building located in a corner of what Disney referred to as Pleasure Island. I'm talking about the creativity of the performers, the theme designed by a WDI team many years ago, about the environment that allowed guests to be as silly as the CMs and invited everyone to feel the part as opposed to simply watch the show, in general the uniqueness of the concept/place/CMs/fans. About an environment that presented surprises for the unkowning and delight to those who were in-the-know.

That's fine that you don't get it or like it and there is no disrespect intended in my rebuttal here. We all have opinions and there are many who don't "get it" when it comes to the AC. But considering how many fans made special trips just to say goodbye to an old friend, the collective of details that made up the AC as well as actual friendships made with the CMs, there are a LOT who do. So you may share your opinion that you didn't care for it and it wasn't your type of entertainment, that's your right. But to show so little respect for others on the forum that enjoyed the hell out of the club will do little to help you "Earn your WDWMagic ears" here.

Passions about Disney run high in many aspects on this site as I've learned over the years. Positives, negatives, etc. But both typically include justification so we can all understand the perspective. You're just being rude. :hammer:

ttalovebug

As your tag line states, "Greatness can from anywhere", but based on the abruptness and candor of your comment in a thread intended for fans, I can tell there's no greatness coming from you. Your comment actually shows you don't "get" your own tag line.

Our celebration of that which was the AC, is about the loss of greatness. No, I'm not talking about a structure that served booze, or a building located in a corner of what Disney referred to as Pleasure Island. I'm talking about the creativity of the performers, the theme designed by a WDI team many years ago, about the environment that allowed guests to be as silly as the CMs and invited everyone to feel the part as opposed to simply watch the show, in general the uniqueness of the concept/place/CMs/fans. About an environment that presented surprises for the unkowning and delight to those who were in-the-know.

That's fine that you don't get it or like it and there is no disrespect intended in my rebuttal here. We all have opinions and there are many who don't "get it" when it comes to the AC. But considering how many fans made special trips just to say goodbye to an old friend, the collective of details that made up the AC as well as actual friendships made with the CMs, there are a LOT who do. So you may share your opinion that you didn't care for it and it wasn't your type of entertainment, that's your right. But to show so little respect for others on the forum that enjoyed the hell out of the club will do little to help you "Earn your WDWMagic ears" here.

Passions about Disney run high in many aspects on this site as I've learned over the years. Positives, negatives, etc. But both typically include justification so we can all understand the perspective. You're just being rude. :hammer:

:sohappy: Bravo.

JMagicFink

More videos!!!

Post more videos!!! Post more videos!!!! If you have footage from the last week of the club, please upload it to youtube! Let us mourn the club by celebrating it! There are so many adventurers out there that appreciate all of your uploading!

Kungaloosh!

:cry:

Lee

Adventurer
Mourn?
Mourn?

Noooooo. Nope. Not gonna mourn. That would imply that I have lost hope.

I haven't.

Building is still there. Everything still works. All it needs is a signature on a piece of paper.

Let's start a "Hurry Up and Reopen the Adventurers Club!" thread. That's more like it.

Meanwhile, everyone get started writing letters. Handwritten and mailed, not email. According to a conversation I had with an AC CM that is the best move. One letter is considered a thousand guests. It has been working so far, and just needs to continue.

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. James A. Rasulo
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

MGMBoy

Post more videos!!! Post more videos!!!! If you have footage from the last week of the club, please upload it to youtube! Let us mourn the club by celebrating it! There are so many adventurers out there that appreciate all of your uploading!

Kungaloosh!

:cry:

Hey Fink, the Hathaway video is mine. Makes me cry to watch it. I have some other last week videos (Monday and Tuesday nights) on my YouTube channel and will be putting more up this weekend (ideally).

http://www.youtube.com/cairat

Captain Hank

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom