The most you've paid for flights...

mbroschak

I've been watching flights literally everyday for the last two months and finally saw flights drop with taxes to $700 per person for my girlfriend and I roundtrip from Kelowna, BC, Canada and I was soooo excited! They've been $800-$1000 almost every other time I've checked. I know it seems ridiculous, but I'm hoping there are some other Disney-holics out there who can relate to this coming from a long way away that will pay basically anything to get back to the world and I'd love to hear some of the silly prices others have paid.
This is by a few dollars the most I've ever paid, but from this part of the world, not unusual.
This thread is not for those who got that $49 flight...I know you're out there, we just don't have that luxury from such a long distance and from another country with all those magical international taxes.

BigRedDad

The most I will pay is $200 round trip. Even then, it is stretching it. I can drive there in 9-10 hours for ~$75 each way. Its hard to fathom spending $450 extra to fly. I would actually get there earlier in the morning if I drive. Flying puts me in at about 11AM at the resort. Driving, I can be there at about 7AM. We would leave the afternoon before, make it to some where in GA. Then leave the hotel about 2AM.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I've been watching flights literally everyday for the last two months and finally saw flights drop with taxes to $700 per person for my girlfriend and I roundtrip from Kelowna, BC, Canada and I was soooo excited! They've been $800-$1000 almost every other time I've checked. I know it seems ridiculous, but I'm hoping there are some other Disney-holics out there who can relate to this coming from a long way away that will pay basically anything to get back to the world and I'd love to hear some of the silly prices others have paid.
This is by a few dollars the most I've ever paid, but from this part of the world, not unusual.
This thread is not for those who got that $49 flight...I know you're out there, we just don't have that luxury from such a long distance and from another country with all those magical international taxes.

I've paid more! Flying out of NL is the worst!!! If I can get a flight for around $500 taxes in I consider that a steal!

Upvote 0

Mongomil

Well this is our first time flying. So not sure if it was expensive or just the same old price for the area. We paid $748 for the two of us. Did not seem to great but not to bad either. If we drive it takes about 23 hours of drive time. So flying it takes just shy of six hours with a layover.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there, Great job!!!! I know the feeling, I look at airfares a lot. Coming from the NYC area it isnt so bad, but I know what you are talking about on those international fares!!! Have a great time!! Marie

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

For my October trip I paid $525 from MN...that is the most I have paid for Orlando. I can typically find under $300. I am told this is one of the busiest times to fly from MN....MEA break for school kids.

Upvote 0

fosse76

Hi there, Great job!!!! I know the feeling, I look at airfares a lot. Coming from the NYC area it isnt so bad, but I know what you are talking about on those international fares!!! Have a great time!! Marie

On average, from NYC, I spend around $200-230 per RT flight (after taxes and fees). On a few occassions I've managed to get RT flights for $175 (after taxes and fees).

Upvote 0

njDizFan

On average, from NYC, I spend around $200-230 per RT flight (after taxes and fees). On a few occassions I've managed to get RT flights for $175 (after taxes and fees).
Same here but had the misfortune of paying $500+ for a flight out of Newark during the 2008 Xmas season.

Upvote 0

Minnie87

Wow..that's pricey but understandable since it's international. For my Sept. 9 trip, we were able to find some JetBlue tickets for 2 roundtrip for $310 total. We had a $88 credit from a previous Jet Blue flight so originally it was close to $400. So came out to about $155 each roundtrip with the discount. That was a rare find though.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We're up in Maine and typically our flights range from $250-$400 from Portland. For November, we piad $261 which I guess isn't THAT bad considering. We got a steal in May though and paid $167 roundtrip Providence, RI to Tampa. A little bit of traveling but it saved us over $100 a person..

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Same here Fosse, For my next two trips, it was just under $200.00 on the first one and just under $230 for the second one ( flying over holidays you know!!) so not bad all in all. Marie

Upvote 0

Tooning

I usually get my flight for $500-Fees not included. In Saskatchewan but this time it is looking like it Going to be $600.00 a flight per person for March 2012

Upvote 0

beckyj3266

The most I've ever paid is $300 per person round trip from upstate New York using Southwest. It costs us approximately $600 & 24 hours to drive down. Although I've flown down a few times, most of the time we drive because it's the cheaper option as a family.

Upvote 0
The most I,ve paid was the trip I am taking in two weeks and that was 250.00 round trip. Usually around 200.00 round trip,but offset the price with my rental car through alamo for only 95.00 for a week.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom