The most obscure character you've seen at WDW

MelBelle

I believe it was August 2002 when I saw Jiminy and Gepetto outside the Italy pavillion (I will try and find those pictures :)). And also I'm pretty sure it was Gepetto last August outside of City Hall on Main Street, right after getting E-Night wristbands.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by TheDisneyGirl02
I was wondering because when I was down there, there was a frequent guest who always asked if the birds were there that day...even at MK he would ask...did you ever encounter him? Last year he always had a Pal Mickey with him. Just wondering!

TheDisneyGirl02

nope... I wasn't one for talking to guests

TheDisneyGirl02

I saw Jiminy on Earth Day at Epcot in 2002. I've run into Stromboli a few times and Gheppto too many times to count!

I know when I worked with Mr. Smee, everybody thought he was Santa Claus for some reason...maybe it's the hat!

TheDisneyGirl02 :brick:

ArsonWinter

You know, I've always wondered how Disney gauges the popularity of it's costumed characters. I mean, Launchpad isn't in a new movie or anything, and yet, by the looks of the posts, he's not as "rare" as you would otherswise think. Does anyone know how Disney works out what characters will show up in the parks?

TheDisneyGirl02

I think it's done by order of priority. The VIP's get top priority, then the Pooh and down from there...I think that's how it's done.

MKT, care to add anymore?

TheDisneyGirl02 :)

Since1976

I swear I once saw this character with big round black ears and white gloves.

I think his name was Mikey or something. My nephew couldn't remember his name either. The character hasn't been in a movie in years...

Dippy Dawg

The most obscure characters for me have to be Chip and Dale........just kidding. I've always said if you go to WDW and do not see Chip and Dale then you are walking around with your eyes closed!!

We were ther in October 03 and we saw Esmerelda, Clopin(SP) and Quasimodo together. It was for a dance contest for the NSSHP (Not So Scary Halloween Party)

We are actually gong next week and here are some characters that I will specifically be looking for:

Jiminy Cricket
Stromboli
Milo and Kida (female lead in Atlantis)
Launchpad
Robin Hood and Maid Marian
Donald's Nephews
Flounder and Sebastian
Mulan
Tarzan
Hercules
Prince Charmin
Jungle book characters
Brer Rabbit
Timon and Pumba
The Blue Fairy
Brother Bear Characters
Dumbo

Any advice on where we can see thes folks would be great, thanks

TheDisneyGirl02

When you get to the park in the morning, go to a place (like a merchandise store/cart, guest relations, etc) and ask if they can call to find out if that character will be making appearances that day.

I can tell you the nephews are hard to find...I've never seen them. :(
Good luck in your search!

TheDisneyGirl02

netenyahoo

obsure characters...

We saw Jiminy Cricket at Epcot in Jan 2003, Esmerelda at Disneyland in 2002, Meg from Hercules at Disneyland in 2003, Launchpad at AK last month. We also saw Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Frollo and Hercules for the first time last month. I would really like to meet Dumbo as its one of my favorite movies and rides. I've seen him in the electrical parade though. I'd like to see every character eventually.

mkt

Premium Member
Jiminy Cricket - nowhere... slightest possibility at Epcot on the bus
Stromboli - random MK and MGM...
Milo and Kida - VERY random MGM
Launchpad - random AK and MK
Robin Hood and Maid Marian - Robin Hood is random at Epcot, MGM and MK.. but no Maid Marian..
Donald's Nephews - no chance
Flounder and Sebastian - no chance once again
Mulan - Epcot and MGM
Tarzan - no chance other than in Tarzan Rocks
Hercules - MGM
Prince Charming - Dinner at the Grand Floridian
Jungle book characters - all over....
Brer Rabbit - MK/AK
Timon and Pumba - Timon is all over... no Pumba, other than in Festival of the Lion King
The Blue Fairy - no chance... Share a Dream Come True Parade
Brother Bear Characters - AK (Camp Minnie-Mickey) and Epcot (Canada)
Dumbo - no chance

Chernabog

Dang, this brings back memories. Launchpad and I used to "hang out" all the time at AK. MKT, is he no longer a regular at Oasis? I've seen lots of obsucre characters, some of which have been mentioned. I'll have to say the most random ones were probably Scrooge McDuck during Halloween, Big Bad (not spectro) Wolf during halloween and right when they started doing train openings, and Goliath (from the cartoon Gargoyles) during Halloween, and Mr and Mrs Potato Head at Downtown Disney for a special event. I'm enjoying this discussion, anymore random pics? I enjoyed the ones of Flounder and Sebastian MKT. I'll have to see if I can dig up some of my pics and scan them in.

TheDisneyGirl02

Please do scan your pictures in! I'm going to try to scan some of my pictures in...when I can get my scanner to work! I love characters and character pictures!

TheDisneyGirl02

PS...I had the honor of working with Launchpad too! :D

Yenfid

I have a photo of me with either Suzy or Pearly, in Epcot at France. Now, if only I could figure out the correct setting to scan it at so I could post it.

DisneyAJB

Howdy, long time reader, first time writer.
I used to frequent Disney pretty often when I lived down in Orlando. Getting my pictures with charatcers was my favorite past-time. I've managed to snag over 150 different characters If anyone wants to have a look there all here:
www.geocities.com/disneyajb

Pixie Duster

About 3 weeks ago Becky from Tale Spin was with Baloo, not Tale Spin gear Baloo, just regular Jungle Book Baloo and they were posing together. I wanted to hang myself since i was at work with no camera.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Chernabog
Launchpad and I used to "hang out" all the time at AK. MKT, is he no longer a regular at Oasis?

I've heard he's still random there, but not scheduled... but what do I know. I have nothing to do with that anymore :D

Originally posted by Chernabog
I enjoyed the ones of Flounder and Sebastian MKT.

thanks.... I had fun chilling with Flounder that day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom