The most obscure character you've seen at WDW

EpcotGrl

Waaay back in January 2003 I saw...whatsisname, the boy from Treasure Planet , complete w/sailboard thingie in Tomorrowland. Never saw him again... :)

Mr. Toad

Originally posted by Cosmo
I didn't realize Ariel ever walked around as a human! Does she still.

We took a pic and have an autograph of Wendy Darling! The only time i've ever seen her walking around (it was during the disney marathon last year).

Last year we were at MK and ran into Peter Pan and Wendy together in the Town Square Exposition Hall during a downpour. There was no one else around since there were several characters in the other room so everyone was in that room.

As for obscure characters I'm not sure which ones to consider obscure. Ran into two of the Country Bears in front of the castle in 2002 just a few steps away from Launchpad (who I did not consider obscure).

I also once saw Mickey in drag. They said it was Minnie but I could tell it was Mickey. :lookaroun

MKCP 1985

Just last month, Peter and Wendy were making appearances on Main Street, just outside the Kodak store. Robin Hood and his entire gang have been making appearances since the 70s, and I'm glad to see they still do. I saw Robin and Friar Tuck at the same time, on a Friday afternoon, just on the other side of the Main Street Train Station.

The most obscure characters, to me, are the Country Bears - Liver Lips and co. They may not be "rare," but outside the MK, who would have any clue of their names?

I take that back. The dinosaur in this picture gets my nomination for most obscure Disney character. Can anyone give us a name for this fellow:

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=9159&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

????

TheDisneyGirl02

Originally posted by mkt
yeah.. bird day 2001 or 2002. The red one is Panchito (from Mexico) and the green one is Jose Carioca (from Brazil)

I was wondering because when I was down there, there was a frequent guest who always asked if the birds were there that day...even at MK he would ask...did you ever encounter him? Last year he always had a Pal Mickey with him. Just wondering!

TheDisneyGirl02

poohbear6103

characters

Those pictures were great.
I was surprised last year to see the teenage versions of some characters (Goofy, Donald, etc). I also saw Meeko and the fox that played Robin Hood. That was my first time to Disney though since I was a kid so I was a little shocked they were there. Plus since I did not see them later on in October that same year, I thought they might have just made a short appearance. You have to wonder how many costumes they have floating around in the cast member area we don't see ona regular basis.:)

imagineer99

Originally posted by MKCP 1986
Just last month, Peter and Wendy were making appearances on Main Street, just outside the Kodak store. Robin Hood and his entire gang have been making appearances since the 70s, and I'm glad to see they still do. I saw Robin and Friar Tuck at the same time, on a Friday afternoon, just on the other side of the Main Street Train Station.

The most obscure characters, to me, are the Country Bears - Liver Lips and co. They may not be "rare," but outside the MK, who would have any clue of their names?

I take that back. The dinosaur in this picture gets my nomination for most obscure Disney character. Can anyone give us a name for this fellow:

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=9159&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

????

That character is either Chester or Hester from DINO-RAMA!

The character is supposed to look ugly and cheasy to keep pace with the Tourist Trap "Theming" of the area.

TheDisneyGirl02

????

His is called Carnotorous (My spelling is way off)...the girl dino is Connieatourous (spelling off again.) That's what they were called when I worked there.

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by TheDisneyGirl02
His is called Carnotorous

Now if that is not obscure, what is? Does Carnotorous have an identity, a back story to go with his appearances around Dino-Rama?

David

Obscure: shrouded in or hidden by darkness c : not clearly seen or easily distinguished : FAINT
2 : not readily understood or clearly expressed;

That pretty well describes my mother in law. Does she count?

(Just kidding---I have a GREAT mother in law!)

loading890

Obscure characters:

From Snow White: The "other" 6 Drawfs
From Bambi: Thumper and Flower
From Pinocchio: Stromboli, and Jiminy Cricket
From Dumbo: Dumbo
Others:

Aristocats, Rescurers, 3 Little pigs, big bad wolf, roger rabbit, Darkwing, brer rabbit, brer fox?, robin hood characters

Does Quasimodo and Jasmine still make appearances?

Piebald

Original Poster
This is kind of a question for MKT....

All these characters who no longer make appearances, since theyre in the 'warehouse' ,is there only one of them? I mean, Mickey has 300 outfits.....coughcough...but are these guys rare because they dont have as big of a closet as Mickey and maybe the fabrics are expensive...or are they uncomfortable for the character performers...OR does management just not want them out because if people have a hard time differentiating between Smee and Geppetto imagine what they'd think of seeing someone like Thumper out?

imagineer99

Now if that is not obscure, what is? Does Carnotorous have an identity, a back story to go with his appearances around Dino-Rama?

Just the fact that these characters look kinda cheesy (like something you would find in a campy roadside amusement stop)

EpcotGrl

Originally posted by loading890
Obscure characters:

From Snow White: The "other" 6 Drawfs
From Bambi: Thumper and Flower
From Pinocchio: Stromboli, and Jiminy Cricket
From Dumbo: Dumbo
Others:

Aristocats, Rescurers, 3 Little pigs, big bad wolf, roger rabbit, Darkwing, brer rabbit, brer fox?, robin hood characters

Does Quasimodo and Jasmine still make appearances?

I've run in to Jasmine a couple times in Morocco at Epcot. Sometimes with Aladdin, sometimes with Jafar, sometimes w/the Genie. Never seen Quasimodo tho...

Piebald

Original Poster
Originally posted by EpcotGrl
I've run in to Jasmine a couple times in Morocco at Epcot. Sometimes with Aladdin, sometimes with Jafar, sometimes w/the Genie. Never seen Quasimodo tho...

I saw Quasimodo many moons ago on the double decker bus at Epcot.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
see Dinosaur

The Carnotaur (correct spelling) is the lead bad guy in the movie "Dinosaur" and also the threatening dinosaur in "Dinosaur" AKA Countdown to Extinction.

The strolling version is pretty pathetic looking no matter what his pedigree is. :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom