The most GINORMOUS Photo Post EVER! The Land/Soarin', MK, 50th Anniversary Updates!

thimblekisses

Original Poster
Hey there, all! This is yet another co-post from myself and tk421-sw (Ryland)! This one is a really big, photo-packed adventure, so keep checking back. It'll take a while to post all of these!

We began our day in MK, around noon, for SW1K (see the thread under general discussion).
This store on Main Street, adjacent to the Emporium, is having some sort of exterior work done. It's the one with all the princess stuff in it.
pic3233fi.jpg

More exterior work.
pic3254ta.jpg

We were excited to get our gold Mickey ears! Here we are in front of one of the new banners with our *shiny* new hats!
pic3289mw.jpg

Here's the back of Ryland's. You can see my reflection in the ears!
pic3299xj.jpg

And here's mine. Note that the thread color changed to white so that the embroidery would show up on the gold hats. Note: this means that if you buy a black hat and want a name on it, it will be done in white, not the classic gold thread.
pic3319gv.jpg

Sad, sad. This Poo Bucket was just hanging out, all by itself! There was no Poo Attendant anywhere to be seen. Why, oh why, is the Poo sitting here, for all to see? Even worse, we passed it on our way to get the hats, and it was still there on our way back! There weren't any horses around either. . . we resisted the temptation to open it.
pic3342ru.jpg

This sign is positioned on the stairs down to the smoking area, next to the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. I'd like to be a part of that! Hey! Pick me! I'm a AAA member! As long as nobody smokes when I'm down there, I'm game. It must be a great place to watch Wishes.
pic3361qk.jpg

Here's a colossally dorky picture of me in front of the castle, but the background was so pretty (esp. the sky!) that it had to be included. The weather was beautiful!
pic3387mm.jpg

Our camera man, Ryland, chairman of video posts! Also in gold-eared glory:
pic3397gq.jpg

We wore the gold ears around the park and over at EPCOT, but a lot of people had not seen them yet and said "Where did you get THOSE?!" We of course directed them to the Chapeau, on Main Street, next to the Confectionery. Over in EPCOT, no one had seen them, and we got the most comments from CMs. I expect to see more of them on heads soon.

Stand by, more photos on the way!

Pongo

Great pictures! Thanks for the post.

A question about the hats: How much extra does it cost to get the name embroidered on the back?

TTATraveler

Great photos!! I just got done watching your video too, and yes the Poo bucket it bad show:lol: Is that designated Wishes viewing area for AAA members and WDTC people new?

thimblekisses

Original Poster
Here's the stage set-up for Grad Nite. It makes Cinderellabration look like a Pop Star concert.
pic3442al.jpg

Here are the banners that appear on all the lamp posts. They pretty much speak for themselves.
pic3455vs.jpg

pic3461yz.jpg

pic3472pq.jpg

pic3486vw.jpg

Note that this one says Disney MGM Studios. It appears as though they don't plan on changing this name anytime soon within the duration of HCOE. . .why knows what will happen come June 27?
pic3493wi.jpg

This is an area under construction that we saw when transferring to another monorail at the TTC, on our way to EPCOT.
pic3541an.jpg

Sadly, this door was open and we could see mops, wet floor signs, and garbage bags.
pic3566in.jpg

Here's a fun shot of our buddy Mickey in front of SSA.
pic3629cg.jpg

This sign welcomes us to the Flower and Garden Festival. As on the video update, we would like to note that this is part of the HCOE! (But isn't this here every year?) I think it would be funnier if it said "Not at all affiliated with the Happiest Celebration on Earth!"
pic3635jt.jpg

More to come!

nicholas

Am I the only one that finds it odd that on some of the banners it says "California, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo." Three cities and one state. Why not say "Anaheim"?

I guess because California is more recognizable than Anaheim?

Not that it matters. It just struck me as odd.

Great photos!! You guys look like you'd be fun to hang out with in the parks. :D

thimblekisses

Original Poster
Alright, which one of you jokers took Goofy's hat? He's gonna get a sunburn on that head if you don't bring it back! And won't you feel sorry then?
In the illustration of this topiary, Goofy had his signature green hat on. Where is it now?
pic3664yw.jpg

At first I thought GASP! SCANDAL! NAKED TOPIARY! But it turns out that this area was a demonstration of "Here's how we create these", which is cool.
pic3704gc.jpg

We headed over to Soarin' for AP Holder Previews, and went inside the new Land. This is my first time in The Land, so it's all new to me! Ryland's camera made a cameo in this shot:
pic3737rg.jpg

Ryland said "Then where's all the chocolate?"
pic3743hz.jpg

The famous and beloved balloons.
pic3751ot.jpg

Here's the seating area for when the restaurants open back up. Please enjoy the technicolor-fabulous carpeting.
pic3764vz.jpg

pic3772kb.jpg

Ooooh! Dramatic drops, turns, swoops, and lifts! I'm quaking in my boots, this sounds thrilling!
pic3802aa.jpg

These beautiful pictures decorate the queue area, with the small trivia screens beneath them that relay environmental information. Fascinating and pretty.
pic3838zd.jpg

Oooooh, pretty.
pic3867hh.jpg

Still more to come!

Pongo

nicholas said:
Am I the only one that finds it odd that on some of the banners it says "California, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo." Three cities and one state. Why not say "Anaheim"?

I guess because California is more recognizable than Anaheim?

Not that it matters. It just struck me as odd.

Great photos!! You guys look like you'd be fun to hang out with in the parks. :D

I was thinking the same thing.

On banners in, say, California do they say "Florida"? Or "Orlando"?

Hmmm... curious...

MissM

Pongo said:
A question about the hats: How much extra does it cost to get the name embroidered on the back?
If you buy the hat at the Chapeau (hidden in the corner by the Confectionary), the embroidery is no charge. But only at that location. I bought a regular hat last year for a friend in Norway and had her name put on. :)
-m

thimblekisses

Original Poster
Another beautiful picture in the queue of Soarin'. (This one's my favorite!)

pic3906uj.jpg

And another. . .
pic3922ub.jpg

Here's a sign inviting us to Minnie's Butterfly garden, a screened-in area where butterflies fly about and you can look at them as they flutter and perch on their favorite flowers.
pic3972ea.jpg

This is a new climbing structure for kids, beside Minnie's Garden.
pic3982hw.jpg

One of the large topiary butterflies beside the garden. Note the "hidden" Mickeys!
pic4074rt.jpg

In a tribute to SW1K, here are Snow White and her dwarf pals!
pic4090de.jpg

Wait a minute. . . Sleepy, Happy, Grumpy, Dopey Sneezy, Bashful, Doc. . . STITCH?!?! Here he is, the rotten little fellow, transplanted from Tomorrowland (he used to be next to the Merchant of Venus) to hiding out amongst the dwarfs!
pic4129yu.jpg

Dwarf, dwarf, dwarf, dwarf, dwarf, dwarf, dwarf, alien.
pic4137ea.jpg

I thought this was lovely. Tink rotates, and her wings have twinkle lights inside. Since when does Tink dance on pointe shoes?
pic4157zy.jpg

Belle and the Beast, with a real rose! A big, pretty one, at that!
pic4229gc.jpg

Alright, folks, we have to take a little break to go to an audition. Keep your eyes peeled later tonight, though, because there are STILL MORE PICS TO COME!!! We'll post them as soon as we get home. Consider this intermission!

Pongo

MissM said:
If you buy the hat at the Chapeau (hidden in the corner by the Confectionary), the embroidery is no charge. But only at that location. I bought a regular hat last year for a friend in Norway and had her name put on. :)
-m

Thanks!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom