The Most Confusing Video You Will Ever See.

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
I stumbled across this Youtube.com gem.

It's a musical number with ________ Van , singing through WDI fabrication shops.

I can't believe this exists.

It's made in 1981, so there's a lot of things being made for epcot.

There are sets for el rio del tiempo, and dinosaurs for Universe of Energy. There is so much, but I'm having a hard time recognizing what it all is.

There are some elephants and alligators, I was thinking maybe those were for an asian park. Or maybe some of the gators are for living with the land.

I would like to hear what you guys discover!

Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jdR-LY9-6Q

Disneyson 1

That's really well done. I like how they featured El Rio, and the cameo by the Jungle Cruise elephant was pretty cute too. But what was up with the snowy rooftops near the end? Was that a parade float?

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
That's really well done. I like how they featured El Rio, and the cameo by the Jungle Cruise elephant was pretty cute too. But what was up with the snowy rooftops near the end? Was that a parade float?

The great movie ride? I dono...

I don't understand what all the African animals are for? are they replacements for jungle cruise? or maybe for that Africa pavilion that never got built...

Chape19714

That must have held up production for a while at the shops. :lol:

And why isn't he wearing protective eye goggles in certain areas? :lookaroun

Interesting Video.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can't believe this exists.
Why?

This is a small part of 1981s One Mans Dream, presented by Michael Landon with a heavy emphasis on EPCOT Centers construction. You think this part is strange, you you should see Landon and the Seven Dwarfes singing on the still-under-construction monorail platform with half an SSE in the background. Surreal and priceless.

Some of the AA animals were for World of Motion and Listen to the Land, the others were being built for Tokyo Disneylands Jungle Cruise.

kingslyZISSOU

Original Poster
Why?

This is a small part of 1981s One Mans Dream, presented by Michael Landon with a heavy emphasis on EPCOT Centers construction. You think this part is strange, you you should see Landon and the Seven Dwarfes singing on the still-under-construction monorail platform with half an SSE in the background. Surreal and priceless.

Some of the AA animals were for World of Motion and Listen to the Land, the others were being built for Tokyo Disneylands Jungle Cruise.

Interesting. Surreal is the perfect word. Do you know where I might see the rest of this?

(I wish we had things like this today, that brings the attention of the public to the parks.)

hpyhnt 1000

Why?

This is a small part of 1981s One Mans Dream, presented by Michael Landon with a heavy emphasis on EPCOT Centers construction. You think this part is strange, you should see Landon and the Seven Dwarfes singing on the still-under-construction monorail platform with half an SSE in the background. Surreal and priceless.

Oh yeah! :lol: "Just whistle while you work..." Ah, Disney marketing at its... well, I don't know if it was at its best. :lookaroun Let's just say it was creative. :)

EDIT: Here's a link to the beginning of the video. The dwarfs begin at 1:27.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sndgC2lVRXU

EPCOT Explorer

Heh! Epic vid...Those are some amazing looks into the Shop. Loved seeing the EPCOT AA's.:D^^;

And the whole "Yes We Can" thing must have been Obama's inspiration for his campaign...:lol::lookaroun

EpcotServo

Don't you know that it's like that all the time at WDI?

They get no work done what will all the singing and dancing.

:brick:

Rob562

There are sets for el rio del tiempo, and dinosaurs for Universe of Energy. There is so much, but I'm having a hard time recognizing what it all is.

There are some elephants and alligators, I was thinking maybe those were for an asian park. Or maybe some of the gators are for living with the land.

When he gets to the bottom of the stairs, you can see the "13:00" clock and graveyard tombs from Haunted Mansion.

The crowd of white mannequins (he dances with one) are the ballroom dancers from Mansion. (Note that the males are *still* "leading", which will be reversed in the ballroom effect, making the women lead)

-Rob

PeaceIsFree

Nice find :)

*edit*
ohmygosh! I just realized that the beginning of the song is a great fit for our new president's motto thing "Yes We Can!" lol

also..
I thought his name was spelt Van , which is also can be a derogatory term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom