Trip Report The Monthly dual, two competing Holiday trip reports in One.

And we begin. This November trip bump'n into the Thanksgiving recess was an unplanned trip. Slathered with the Winter Festival and Mickey's 90th Birthday. Media Galore. Rooms at a Premium. Not a well thought out trip more a whim as another trip was already knocking at the Mouses House Door.

And so we begin....

Songbird76

I've seen it as low as $53 and as high as $150 ish. I stayed here for 12 days back in April during my month long trip. It is nice and it is very secure. I really do like hotels with inside hallways.

Thank you, she has made a lot of them now, become good at it. She made all of our Halloween Trip ones.

I don't ever cook on vacation. They have free coffee, tea, milk and fresh OJ in the lobby plus a free hot/cold breakfast each morning.

I did however make use of the refrigerator.

Both times there have been enough school and sports teams in this resort but they seem to separate them by hallways and floors. There is also a range, oven and micro.
Oh yeah, I would use the refrigerator, and the freezer, and POSSIBLY the microwave. But no actual cooking would occur. Have to draw the line somewhere!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Original Poster
Friday was a LONG day. The announcement of Pre-Shopping for AP Holders at the MK prior to opening came late in the short term planning for the trip. Meant getting up before the Sun, Uber 6:52 to the Contemporary. 4th in line with fellow Passholders. Later the line for Mickey's 90th Merchandise went to 3 hours. Shirt bought
7A0FB0A2-837C-4E1F-943D-E1D510B0D2AE.jpeg

Shopping was complete but it was also then an Extra Morning entry day. Leaving the Merchandise event that had for some reason every shirt and tie CM out and about Main Street likely because Good Morning America was filming their show that morning. They allowed the Passholders to join in the fun of Extra Morning. Did Buzz 2x, Space, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Under the Sea, People Mover, Met, Stitch, Minnie, Donald and Goofy all by 10am.
025989E2-9EC7-43D7-91DE-B8926B14DB18.jpeg

Hunger set in, after all that it was off to the Poly for Breakfast. Of course Tonga Toast.
5B6EFAA7-805F-44EA-828C-B9FBCD44CB63.jpeg

Then off to what was to be the first venue of the day lol The Studios.

MySmallWorldof4

Friday was a LONG day. The announcement of Pre-Shopping for AP Holders at the MK prior to opening came late in the short term planning for the trip. Meant getting up before the Sun, Uber 6:52 to the Contemporary. 4th in line with fellow Passholders. Later the line for Mickey's 90th Merchandise went to 3 hours. Shirt bought
View attachment 329861

Shopping was complete but it was also then an Extra Morning entry day. Leaving the Merchandise event that had for some reason every shirt and tie CM out and about Main Street likely because Good Morning America was filming their show that morning. They allowed the Passholders to join in the fun of Extra Morning. Did Buzz 2x, Space, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Under the Sea, People Mover, Met, Stitch, Minnie, Donald and Goofy all by 10am.View attachment 329860

Hunger set in, after all that it was off to the Poly for Breakfast. Of course Tonga Toast.
View attachment 329859

Then off to what was to be the first venue of the day lol The Studios.
A very accomplished morning. Jealous of the shirt. Bet they go for a lot on Ebay.:hilarious::cautious:

Gabe1

Original Poster
Apologies: Needed to edit. For whatever reason these photos keep scrambling order.

This was a late morning sadness mishap. A well researched water mug bottle. Keeps things hot and cold for a long duration. Day 2, first full day and it decided to take a spill and hit the concrete. It made a crack in the lid where it opens and closes. Sadness. It worked so well. A fluke. New one now delivered for 2.0 redo trip. By the way the gray version of this great mug in gray really does grab the SSE effect.

B46E5582-DA96-44FC-9E76-BB8293AC7847.jpeg

The Studios by mid-day was crowded. Many Photopass photographers were visited. Most of the QS venues are still gross. While we didn't like the Rizzo food it is slamming the other QS venues with indoor seating with its closure and it is cold outside today. Wonder if they will ever get FOOD together? Too many years and the Studios still struggle with FOOD. Miss StarRolls. Starbucks didn't replace by any stretch of the imagination.

So after Tower a generic snack was had until final park hop. How sad is this in WDW?

81C6F98A-3C8D-42D2-979B-9E2649A35DA0.jpeg

Much of the day hour was spent between Charature Meets and Toy. We as a family really enjoy Toy. Mania is still our favorite but for families with younger kids Disney did right by them with this land. Not everything needs to be for thrill seekers. Families should be inclusive in this park too.

I love how the Army Men embrace the young kids in this area. They make their Day. The Photo Ops in this area are over the top awesome.

E3FC0D81-ADE3-4F01-823F-CCC7D6E48D05.jpeg

Happy to see she finally got her hat and ornament...I was wondering when they would get around to it. This is my favorite area. More photos on a different day to follow. It is a perfect area at night, all the charm of Christmas at Echo Lake.

2FF3D8D5-B029-4BB1-9EC3-BD08F5B66EE1.jpeg

And a move over this Friday Day #2 first full day back to the MK. Mk which was never part of the pre-party touring plan for today. First order for the MVMCP was FOOD. Only meal the Tonga Toast this morning minus the sad chips and cheese in a cup. But that would change.

Gastons. The Sandwich, as Big as a Barge. (ask for condiments when ordering cause they are not out there and trying to get a CMs attention is rough at this venue if you must return to the counter.)
49C63658-F93A-4B8E-81C8-AF15EAA192C7.jpeg

Note Gaston is one of those venues that tortures you if you want water in a cup, the rules for a cup of water change almost daily for the dispenser or counter request. Glance as you enter to see if it is by silverware/napkins or if you need to formally request. Time Management hint. Oy. It is Water Gaston's. Shouldn't be that hard with a meal.

So Sandwich in hand it was off to the Dwarf Meet and Greet. By far the most popular Meet and Greet. In line 40 minutes prior to their pre-party start which was also while day guests were still within the park due to the Dwarf popularity. They started letting PARTY GUESTS only into the indoor area before the Dwarfs arrived. MVMCP bands were checked and yes despite the warning non party go'ers tried to sneak into the venue. Being at the beginning of the line it only took a few minutes to reach the well received Dwarfs. The word on the street is they won't return next year. The lines were 3 hours deep as the party went on, security stood bye in Full Uniform as upcoming photos will demonstrate. The word on the street was this was to drum up anticipation for Wilderness Lodge's new Artist Point Character Meal with the Dwarfs. If the lines were any indication it will be popular, at least for a while.

A5CB3BDE-DD0B-4275-BDC5-7E8E5A1BC4F0.jpeg

My Ducks were there....this time in their Holiday Best. Still this is one of my least favorite 'spots' for photopass. Circus Splash is just COLD.
445A8059-4109-46D9-8039-0226168BCC5F.jpeg

And the new security example. This was just unnerving. I guess never seeing before and lacking the understanding as to the WHY'S Security in this type of Costuming was introduced. Sure we all knew they were 'there' but never in this type of costuming on stage within the park in yesteryear. The Not knowing the what's up kinda put you on edge throughout the MK. It is new to US anyhow and we've done this for years.
9BE43CF3-15CA-4C07-9ED4-4B80C47309E7.jpeg

No clue who these people are that joined our Photopass. Do they perhaps have our photopass photos?
3691633C-F30D-4A3B-B7D6-E6AC2C3560F8.jpeg

Last edited:

Gabe1

Original Poster
A very accomplished morning. Jealous of the shirt. Bet they go for a lot on Ebay.:hilarious::cautious:

The perk to be included to Extra Morning Hours event was an unexpected treat. The shirt is my DD's. She looks so cute in it.

Actually the Mickey's 90th Birthday Merchandise offerings were very underwhelming. Can't believe Disney under-marketed this so much given the press and Good Morning America being there. It was very much the same years ago with the merchandise for the Leap Year 24 hour events. I treasure my Zip Hoodie from back to the first one from Disneyland.

Gabe1

Original Poster
And back to a few more Friday's MVMCP photos. Most of this time was devoted to DD and photopass as so many rides were had this morning in the unexpected Passholder/Early Magical Event this morning. It was also the coldest evening of the trip.

So some Christmas Party Food and Beverage

The welcome to the MVMCP cookie.
36B1C3B3-46DD-4652-A2B1-3C45FF2A2D4B.jpeg

Some hot chocolate and snicker cookie from Cosmic

C08F197D-4EBB-4AFE-860D-B109F7CC8B57.jpeg

Slush and hot pretzel, not so hot from Adventureland
D1F11785-26A2-4889-A4BF-92F7C67A550F.jpeg

And some welcomed Cider that was warm! Woot!
693341AF-1351-455D-A41C-1AA30C86845E.jpeg

Gabe1

Original Poster
Continued MVMCP photos Friday evening

Some snow for our Mrs @Tuvalu that we all know she adores deep down in her heart. ;)

2052EF44-E58A-4D19-9352-03321125AE95.jpeg

Pretty colors everywhere. I first saw the castle lit I believe in 2007 for my DD sweet 16th Birthday. It remains as awesome as it was the first time I saw it. Still it has expanded with the castle itself bringing more magic.

578401E1-4553-4759-9A82-22A60F931236.jpeg

Every Holiday Season they seem to be trying to add more to Adventureland. At the Halloween Party they also decorated the same architecture but to the Halloween theme.
FE95439C-BC0F-4D0D-8B46-67EC0F50969D.jpeg

Donald all decked out in his Ugly Christmas Sweater for the Party.
A36DEDBD-3E97-4316-85A9-DCABE8F5C051.jpeg

I was happy a few years ago when the overlay came to the Magic Kingdom's Jungle Cruise for Christmas. It brings with it some funny dress ups and seasonal jokes. Well received.

I genuinely wish they would bring back Country Bears Overlay. It was a simple overlay but a great deal of fun and 'change' to the norm of Country Bears. Bring it Back! Bring it Back!

8FA2D682-7FF8-4E68-A054-820E4C480D66.jpeg

Beyond the dozens of photo ops this evening with the Characters and landmarks this remains one of my favorites. The Liberty Belle wasn't there yet, she was still hiding back by the train tracks. But at least the Belle was back in her waters and we got a glimps. She was real pretty bright white. Look forward to seeing her real soon, Liberty continued to look empty without her and she has been gone almost a year. Hope my trains come back sooner vs later now that they are in PROP mode.

So this little ornament was a nice fill in.
4DA17BAA-C609-4E1D-829A-A3C5A005553E.jpeg

Gabe1

Original Poster
People coming in for party and guests ending their day early are an unfortunate clash.
86175695-5C17-416D-86AE-6EE8B70959B5.jpeg

The Train Station is lovely at this time of the year. Sad the train is going into a short hibernation. A classic we always ride.
1F8D4829-0466-45C9-93D4-58D15787B932.jpeg

I will be surprised if the Dwarf's return next year. It was a very contentious queue. Made it through only by lining up early and eating in line. The 3 hour line got worse and had three security guards stationed near cause this was a crazy line. Hoping it is just a marketing promo for Artist Point at the Wilderness
E9AD5F79-2285-452E-A0E3-F50BCF3A2E6B.jpeg

Gabe1

Original Poster
And now I must back track to this Morning Passholder-Mickey's 90th Merchandise Birthday event. Skipped a few. Oops.

The MK is to open early this morning for Early Magical Hours Event, but prior was the the Passholders 90th Birthday Merchandise Event. So everything is staged for the Early Guests. the Passholders entering first were ushered from Town Square off the backside directly to Tomorrowland.

3FDDD447-BEEF-4B59-B40B-8EDDFE08A3A7.jpeg

This is an old area near the yesteryear Stitch Attraction. Beyond the small group ahead on the far left of humans is a donut sale!!!! These were Donuts in the shape of Birthday Mickey's.
773825DE-B772-44D1-8AB7-EE51097B61A6.jpeg

And off into the beginning of the special 90th party land. Made it into the first 50 let in. Woot! Since that allowed for joining the other guests in Early Magical Hours Breakfast and Attraction event. Then again that required being up prior to the sun. As I said before the only item purchased was the Baseball Birthday shirt. There were very limited choices which surprised. The marketing could have been better.

3E0F0737-5587-49B9-A620-C0D2AE5F53D0.jpeg

And I believe this may actually end Friday-Day #2

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I will be surprised if the Dwarf's return next year. It was a very contentious queue. Made it through only by lining up early and eating in line. The 3 hour line got worse and had three security guards stationed near cause this was a crazy line.

I'm a little surprised at the popularity of this meet and greet. Is this the first year they've been introduced in this meet & greet category--is that why people are so interested?

By the way, I love the nighttime photos of WDW with all pretty lights.

Gabe1

Original Poster
I'm a little surprised at the popularity of this meet and greet. Is this the first year they've been introduced in this meet & greet category--is that why people are so interested?

By the way, I love the nighttime photos of WDW with all pretty lights.

Thanks. :happy:

The Dwarf’s have been around for bursts at both the Halloween and Christmas Party.
Only a rumor at this point that they may move to just Artist Point Character Meal come next Year
Enjoying the report and photos! Also agree with bringing back Country Bears overlay.

Thank you 😊

Yep the Country Bear overlay is so easy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom