Trip Report The Monthly dual, two competing Holiday trip reports in One.

And we begin. This November trip bump'n into the Thanksgiving recess was an unplanned trip. Slathered with the Winter Festival and Mickey's 90th Birthday. Media Galore. Rooms at a Premium. Not a well thought out trip more a whim as another trip was already knocking at the Mouses House Door.

And so we begin....

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Original Poster
This Trip is a total last minute whim. It is Mickey's 90th Birthday. My DD shares a Birthday with Mickey. It has always been a rub that My Son was there for Mickey's Birthday Land Celebration and the DD was not simply 'cause she wasn't born yet though she shares a Birth Date with the Mouse Himself. Another trip was already planned in short order however as the Celebration of the Mouse finally lived almost to the one of Mickey's Birthday Land almost 3 decades ago my DD decides it should be a go aside from the fact another trip is already in the works. Who am I to say no?

The room availability with the Mickey Celebration is not good combined with the Winter Festival at Epcot the same weekend. So off to Flamingo Crossing Resort that I vetted during my Spring trip that had many hotels including Flamingo that I really enjoyed. Bargain rates during a prime weekend that included Free Breakfast and Free Parking.

And we begin

5AA2BB9C-F288-4DCA-A2AB-B2B9E208AD00.jpeg
2B05604F-BA7A-444C-BFE0-69111439573F.jpeg

Gabe1

Original Poster
As I have shared the last minute resort pick'ns for this trip were harsh. So Enter Flamingo Crossings, Marriott on the edge of Disney Property a couple minutes from Coronado Springs on Western Way. Large and with a full kitchen Studio. $87 dollars a night with a free hot breakfast standard for most Marriott Resorts.

6DD2D4A0-9377-44EE-A30D-D62EB970C73B.jpeg
5CD336BB-2751-4AFC-B0B1-71713B2C7F29.jpeg
D93D0289-FA2D-4A03-A942-F8C6448EA666.jpeg
FBA77D2C-F21A-4319-BC03-76CB5B95C880.jpeg

MySmallWorldof4

This Trip is a total last minute whim. It is Mickey's 90th Birthday. My DD shares a Birthday with Mickey. It has always been a rub that My Son was there for Mickey's Birthday Land Celebration and the DD was not simply 'cause she wasn't born yet though she shares a Birth Date with the Mouse Himself. Another trip was already planned in short order however as the Celebration of the Mouse finally lived almost to the one of Mickey's Birthday Land almost 3 decades ago my DD decides it should be a go aside from the fact another trip is already in the works. Who am I to say no?

The room availability with the Mickey Celebration is not good combined with the Winter Festival at Epcot the same weekend. So off to Flamingo Crossing Resort that I vetted during my Spring trip that had many hotels including Flamingo that I really enjoyed. Bargain rates during a prime weekend that included Free Breakfast and Free Parking.

And we begin

View attachment 329259View attachment 329260
Love your dd's shirt. Last minute trips are also awesome!

MySmallWorldof4

As I have shared the last minute resort pick'ns for this trip were harsh. So Enter Flamingo Crossings, Marriott on the edge of Disney Property a couple minutes from Coronado Springs on Western Way. Large and with a full kitchen Studio. $87 dollars a night with a free hot breakfast standard for most Marriott Resorts.

View attachment 329261View attachment 329262View attachment 329263View attachment 329264
Wow! That was $87 a night????!!! Huge room as well as nice, modern, and clean.

MouseDreaming

View attachment 329261View attachment 329262View attachment 329263View attachment 329264
Looks like a nice room. The mini kitchen/counter area is nice. And at that price? Very tempting.

Songbird76

That's a great room for the price. Though I'm not sure I'd use the kitchen....I don't like to cook on my vacation. Well....I don't really like to cook when I'm NOT on my vacation, but it's kind of necessary if I want to eat. But when I'm traveling, forget that....I want someone ELSE to do the cooking for a change! Does this hotel also have a pool/hottub?

Gabe1

Original Poster
Wow! That was $87 a night????!!! Huge room as well as nice, modern, and clean.

I've seen it as low as $53 and as high as $150 ish. I stayed here for 12 days back in April during my month long trip. It is nice and it is very secure. I really do like hotels with inside hallways.

Love your dd's shirt. Last minute trips are also awesome!

Thank you, she has made a lot of them now, become good at it. She made all of our Halloween Trip ones.

That's a great room for the price. Though I'm not sure I'd use the kitchen....I don't like to cook on my vacation. Well....I don't really like to cook when I'm NOT on my vacation, but it's kind of necessary if I want to eat. But when I'm traveling, forget that....I want someone ELSE to do the cooking for a change! Does this hotel also have a pool/hottub?

I don't ever cook on vacation. They have free coffee, tea, milk and fresh OJ in the lobby plus a free hot/cold breakfast each morning.

I did however make use of the refrigerator.
Looks like a nice room. The mini kitchen/counter area is nice. And at that price? Very tempting.

Both times there have been enough school and sports teams in this resort but they seem to separate them by hallways and floors. There is also a range, oven and micro.

Gabe1

Original Poster
These shorts are pretty darn clever. A Magic Band I wanted for these trips. Sadly they were yet to be programmed in the parks for their Special Effects and Sounds. This isn’t the first time the tech lagged behind Disney launching Seasonal Bands. I hear they finally launched the tech so 2.0 trip I’ll be able to see what special things they do

42D68BB7-9B75-461C-BBD5-137D3C83753C.jpeg
A1DFF396-089B-4F7F-9156-61081F195629.jpeg
14EEC016-943C-4F7A-9B6F-F8FD583DB43F.jpeg

Gabe1

Original Poster
The Chipmunks are some of my most favorites and they were in Epcot multiple times.
F89AB663-6606-4DEF-93D6-2D828004D9C1.jpeg

These dolls were far more Prevalent in Germany and if you’re looking for them they are not gone but have moved to America
BAC475C7-B5EB-481B-A377-6CB12558F5C8.jpeg

More great Photo Ops in Epcot A bit of Flower and Garden for Winter
1D15F452-50BE-4AB7-8CFE-BAD75EEFFA94.jpeg

And France continues to remain my main go to for a filling QS in the world showcase.

I wish they’d just close the very disjointed gift shop in the seating area and expand seating. The seating is not adequate and yet the venue is very popular.

My only wish is the sandwiches or Main Entree had an inclusive side. Any small veggie or tiny salad Nothing is really really available to purchase a side
01D840E2-2919-4B7C-A558-49A48B8D4F57.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom