The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

DrAlice

1631240549525.png

Ok, help me hive mind. I realize that this group is Dapper Day Disney Bounding and I can't figure out who the two on the left are supposed to be. Or are they just fun? They seem familiar, but I'm not getting it. I see the others as (left to right starting in middle): Peter Pan, Pinocchio, John (from from Peter Pan), the Blue Fairy. I might be wrong on John also.

EDIT to add: These are brilliant, by the way. :D

Parteecia

I am SO grateful that I'm a woman that grew up in an era after these kinds of shenanigans.

Not to mention a few other things that the generations of ladies before me fought very hard for on my behalf.
I was a tomboy with untameable hair in my early teens who saw the women in my family restricted by girdles, stockings and other trappings of the time and dreaded getting older, being pushed to conform. Lucky for me the '60s happened.

lazyboy97o

I suppose people have every right to judge others for how they look at a theme park. Just as others have every right to ignore that judgement. And then there are those of us that attend the theme park surrounded by people more concerned with fun than appearance.
Can I judge the attire of people who judge attire? Because I’ve met such people, and they’re always men and always in mismatched, ill-fitting clothes. Nothing quite like grey pants, brown shoes, black belt, blue suspenders and a trilby to really pull together an outfit.

lazyboy97o

View attachment 585994
Ok, help me hive mind. I realize that this group is Dapper Day Disney Bounding and I can't figure out who the two on the left are supposed to be. Or are they just fun? They seem familiar, but I'm not getting it. I see the others as (left to right starting in middle): Peter Pan, Pinocchio, John (from from Peter Pan), the Blue Fairy. I might be wrong on John also.

Guy on the left makes me think of the Orange Bird, but I think it might be someone else.

I think that’s Jiminy Cricket, not John.

DrAlice

I think you are right about orange bird. Now that I look at more pics of the bird, I see how he pulled the yellow into the bow tie and the green on his hat.

SuddenStorm

View attachment 585994

At first I thought the dude second to the left was supposed to be this, but it doesn't seem right. Wrong pattern for the skirt and wrong color bowtie.

1631246842429.png

Californian Elitist

How does anyone DRESS UP to go to Disneyland? I am in my character shirts and work out pants and prepared to get covered in some random kid's ice scream, recycled water, and Tom Sawyer Island dirt. I would have never survived the 1950s.
And I can almost guarantee that woman would have still peed in a cup in guests’ view had she been wearing a dress and heels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom