The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

No Name

View attachment 580777View attachment 580778
The cash was bad enough. Now Snow’s bedroom is littered with trash. I spy masks, popcorn buckets, ketchup packets, napkins, receipts, and sprite bottles. People are the worst. This is how we end up having plexiglass in queues.
If this were Pirates of the Caribbean it would fit better. Guests are bad at deciding which attractions to add theming to.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I'm so sick of projection mapping. It's the same trick used on every ride or show. I'm over it, it was kind of cool in 2012 but its been 10 years, stop projection mapping everything.
maybe they cut out the smoke in peoples faces due to the pandemic, which we are still in by the way. maybe they will turn it back on when its ok to blow smoke in someone's faces again

waltography

On Big Thunder I could swear they added new projection mapping inside the final lift hill. Which makes me think the proper explosion effect is never coming back.

Here's 2021-

And here's 2019-

I rode Big Thunder just yesterday and all the fog cannons worked except the last one, which leads me to believe it's just a broken effect they can't/don't want to fix. Poor show on their part, but it'd be poorer without the projection mapping I guess.

waltography

Couple of other random thoughts from my Sunday trip.

-On Jungle Cruise, the first new monkey scene on the boat works better in person. The second money scene with the butterflies is extremely redundant and I can’t understand why they didn’t go with anything else there. Not a fan of the of the lost and found at all.

- Tropical Hideaway is a gem. Especially at night. We need to include it in the conversation with the new Hungry Bear sign. I wasnt the biggest fan at first. I liked it but like it much more now.

HM- The Boundless realm is WAY Too bright now. I can make out the black wall clearly. White stains and all. I remember riding in May and thinking it looked great. Maybe because I rode at night this time and my eyes had adjusted to the dark?

-Casey Jr never disappoints

- Had a solid food day at the park. Vegan Ronto Wraps for lunch. What they need to do is put the Vegan Ronto wrap toppings on the sausage one.

Cafe Orleans was great. Monte cristo was better than I remember from the last time I had it a few years ago when it was super dense. Still not really my cup of tea but it’s nice and the only way to get pomme frites now… which is dumb. Gumbo was solid and the multiple sides of cheese grits were delicious. I realized I’ve been getting the Shrimp and Grits for the grits.

Lumpia and dole whip at Tropical Hideaway were nice too.

- The Spanish safety spiel voice for Happy in Snow Whites Q is extremely obnoxious and off.

- Thunder Mountain is SO much better at night. Not even close. When are they going to fix that lift hill explosion effect?

- How hard is it to get all the bees to Spin on the Laughin place scene in Splash Mountain?

Mobile ordering was instant but I think it’s so obnoxious that some locations have no cashiers. I wanted to get a bottle of water for my son at Village Haus and got stopped by two armed guards telling me to wait at the door and mobile order it or go to the cart across the way.

- Forgot how charming the inside of Village Haus is. I never go in there or eat there.

-they need to bring more live music back quick

- Bring back the Trams!
I liked the butterfly monkey scene, but I think it was because I liked the joke the skipper had to go with it. The Lost and Found scene is a miss, though, I agree, but even in the original I never paid attention to Trader Sam and was more focused on getting off the boat.

Mobile Order has gotten much better since opening. Entertainment has lagged pretty significantly. My feet are getting less sore every trip on that tram walk home but I'm ready for them to come back. 😂

waltography

I saw a video on Instagram from a friend in the DCP right now riding their Mermaid, and it amazed me how fluid their animatronics are compared to ours. Our Mermaid needs a lot of TLC; most of the animatronics' mouths are constantly open (especially Ursula), I forget that the articulation on those figures are better than they are right now.

truecoat

There are two Lighting Lanes. Regular Lightning Lane for most attractions is what you get with Genie+. Lightning Lane Selects are the individual charge ones that apparently don’t require you to purchase Genie+. Disney is hard at work trying to make it more confusing.

Those Lightning Lane Selects are RSR, WS and ROTR. If you apply what they said about DLP's Lightning Lane system, the pay per ride could apply to any ride that has a fastpass lightning lane and the line gets to a point where they cut it off.

truecoat

I rode Big Thunder just yesterday and all the fog cannons worked except the last one, which leads me to believe it's just a broken effect they can't/don't want to fix. Poor show on their part, but it'd be poorer without the projection mapping I guess.

I rode it 3 times last week and no fog to be found anywhere.

lazyboy97o

Those Lightning Lane Selects are RSR, WS and ROTR. If you apply what they said about DLP's Lightning Lane system, the pay per ride could apply to any ride that has a fastpass lightning lane and the line gets to a point where they cut it off.
The US parks are following a different setup. No indications that Standby Pass will be instituted or that there will be an overlap between Genie+ Lightning Lane attractions and the select experiences.

These names are so stupid.

truecoat

Space Mountain.jpg

waltography

I rode it 3 times last week and no fog to be found anywhere.
Unreliable effect it is, then. I was surprised to see any fog at all, to be honest, which is why it was so memorable; the other two times I was at the parks (end of July and early August) the effect wasn't on either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom