The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Sharon&Susan

Any WDW-ers know if the abridged version of the old Tex Avery cartoon The Cat Who Hated People is still playing in the Sci-Fi Drive In? There's a gag in there that would make me surprised if they still played it.

Sharon&Susan

D.Silentu

That was my thought too. The announcement reminded me of a thought I had awhile ago, which I will repost here:
That notion hints at a road not taken. Disney is so IP obsessed, I wonder if they might have ended the Twilight Zone license and developed TOT as their own totally owned property. Suppose they had used the recent six month (EDIT: Guardians of the Galaxy) change over, with concurrent refurbishments in Orlando and Paris, to scrub all Twilight Zone references in favor of their own narrative and redo the preshow(and of course add varying drop profiles). With the proven ability to reprogram the ride, over time an eerie mythology could be developed. At one point wasn't there discussion of a TOT movie(nevermind the 90's groaner)? It seemed like there was a lot of associated merchandise for them to expand on. I can't help but wonder if this was a missed opportunity for them, or I simply miss the ride.

Suspirian

Wouldnt it be funny if we got like a sequel attraction based on this movie? A darkride where we zoom past the Tower of Terror in the distance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom