The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

waltography

Don Hahn's new documentary, Howard, on Disney+ is amazing.
Watched it twice over the weekend. I'd be lying too if I didn't say it got me a bit... weepy.
Also provides a great look back at the second "golden age" of Disney Feature Animation. Those were the days.
Just finished watching it and I teared up listening to Part of Your World - it was like listening to the music for the first time again.

Curious Constance

Rich T

Happy Middle Child Day!!!
9149BC70-B562-43BB-BB88-24C219C047B3.jpeg

mickEblu

Original Poster
Why couldn’t they have just said Ariel was 21? Or even 18? The fact that she’s 16 has nothing to do with the plot of the Little Mermaid. All it does is weird modern audiences out. Even if it was done to stay true to the source material that still wouldn’t make sense as it’s irrelevant to the story they presented.

Curious Constance

Why couldn’t they have just said Ariel was 21? Or even 18? The fact that she’s 16 has nothing to do with the plot of the Little Mermaid. All it does is weird modern audiences out. Even if it was done to stay true to the source material that still wouldn’t make sense as it’s irrelevant to the story they presented.
It’s always weirded me out too. Maybe mermaids age differently? Yeah, let’s ride that right on through the weekend.

Mac Tonight

It is indeed an irrelevant and disturbing plot point...

Then again, so is the fact that Snow White was supposed to be... 14!

tenor.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom