The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

smooch

I was told I wasn’t “from LA” once until I had eaten at Pinks Hot Dogs. So I went...

It was just OK.

I went years ago when my family was in LA and we waited in that ridiculously long line and it was good but nothing incredible honestly. Years later after I got into fashion I found out my favorite designer Rick Owens has a store down the street and now I'm upset I didn't know til after, I would've loved to go.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’ve been exactly three times in three different locations, West Hollywood, London, and New York City. I guess I can neither agree nor disagree with you lol.

Sucks when there’s no consistency.

Lol. I went to the Glendale location when they first opened and they were 🔥🔥. Every visit after was gradually not as good until they just ended up at kind of average. Then I went to the Woodland Hills location that just opened and still just average.

mickEblu

Original Poster
A few burgers on my short list.

Everson Royce in The Arts District. They open at 5pm for dinner but their signature burger looks simple and fantastic.

Apple Pan. Never had it. I’ve heard mixed things but as an Angeleno I need to try it.

Fathers Office.

I was very disappointed with Casells as well as Pie n Buger in Pasadena. If any of of your are ever in the valley definitely pay Bills a visit.

Mac Tonight

A few burgers on my short list.

Everson Royce in The Arts District. They open at 5pm for dinner but their signature burger looks simple and fantastic.

Apple Pan. Never had it. I’ve heard mixed things but as an Angeleno I need to try it.

Fathers Office.

I was very disappointed with Casells as well as Pie n Buger in Pasadena. If any of of your are ever in the valley definitely pay Bills a visit.
I do want to try Father’s Office and Apple Pan too.

DrAlice

I've never heard of shake shack. SoCal thing?

I've only been to Habit once and thought it was horribly salty. Maybe it was a fluke, but I've never been back.

My opinion probably doesn't matter much in the burger debate, as I'm not much of a fast food person. When we want fast food on the road, we usually hit up a subway. Otherwise, it's a longer meal at a pizza place or a taqueria. :)

DrAlice

Five Guys is delicious but it's pretty expensive. First time I went I ordered a burger and didn't know they did two patties standard for whatever I ordered online so I added another patty for a double but ended up with a triple. It tasted good but the cross section looked like meat loaf in a bun and I was so freaking full after but it was worth it. If I ever want a quick cheap burger In-N-Out is my go to, way better than any other fast food restaurant. Plus two semesters ago I had a Biology night class and on lab nights me and my two friends in the class got out at 9:30-10:00 PM so every other restaurant near us was closed so we would all go get In-N-Out since we were hungry after a 4-5 hour lecture / lab block.
There's a taqueria not far from my campus. Students would bring these delicious-smelling boxes of food to my 430-6pm lecture. It was torture trying to teach... my stomach would be growling while they were munching away.

The only good thing about Subway are the cheap deals, like $5 Footlongs.

Love Jersey Mike's.

Firehouse Subs is pretty good.

Arby's for its Roast Beef, or for my wife, Beef & Cheddar.

Also Jimmy John's.
I think roast beef is off the menu at most Subways because of meat supply shortages, at least that's how it is in my area. Mostly available in store but not online orders just in case it's not available.

My favorite thing about Subway is the selection. If Jersey Mikes or Jimmy Johns had vegetable and sauce/seasoning selection like Subway, I would rarely eat at Subway.

Jersey Mike's "Mike's Way", is a great sauce/seasoning offering (The Juice), and they have onions, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, onions.

What more do you want? Some Chips!
I don't usually get chips with my sandwich, but olives, banana peppers, green peppers, jalapeno, and sliced pickle are some of my favorites on a sandwich. The choice of spinach and cucumber is nice when I'm in the mood. Subway is one of the largest food franchises because of selection, if competitors offered the same selection at a higher quality I imagine they would well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom