The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Jafar was the worst—What stupid casting. I wiil say, though, Will Smith and whoever played Jasmine and the Sultan turned in decent performances.
I believe she was the pink Ranger.

1594576234896.png

NateD1226

It’s interesting you say that because I thought BatB so far was one of the better ones. Not that that’s saying much as they re all terrible and nowhere near as good as the animated films.
I found BATB very lackluster and even annoying at times. But you are right, they are nowhere near the animated films. I'm ready for this live action adaptions era to be over already.

Curious Constance

As soon as Will Smith started singing, I realized Disney doesn’t care if the actors can actually sing when remaking their beloved animated movies who mostly consisted of professional, voice actors with amazing voices. I hated Aladdin, BatB, etc. I think the only one I actually liked was Cinderella. Actual likable characters with good singing voices. I have watched it several times and I’ll likely never purposely watch Aladdin or BatB again.

Phroobar

As soon as Will Smith started singing, I realized Disney doesn’t care if the actors can actually sing when remaking their beloved animated movies who mostly consisted of professional, voice actors with amazing voices. I hated Aladdin, BatB, etc. I think the only one I actually liked was Cinderella. Actual likable characters with good singing voices. I have watched it several times and I’ll likely never purposely watch Aladdin or BatB again.
Hermione can do a lot of things but singing isn't one of them.

mickEblu

Original Poster
While I did think it was a fun scene..... um.. Ok, I'm going to be THAT person and go there...

Since when does Indian Bollywood have anything to do with ARABIAN nights?

Just a thought I had while watching it. Maybe it doesn't matter in the context of this particular movie...

Lol it doesn’t. But they did give the people of Argrabah Arabic accents for what its worth. At least my Persian friends will probably stop thinking Aladdin is Persian.

mickEblu

Original Poster
The girl play Merida is a pretty good equestrian. She held on and calmed the horse pretty well.

Yeah I know. When she got off and ran though I lost it. Something about the breaking of character and also the fact that the dash she took (from the viewers perspective) didn’t seem entirely necessary.

PiratesMansion

It’s interesting you say that because I thought BatB so far was one of the better ones. Not that that’s saying much as they re all terrible and nowhere near as good as the animated films.

I have seldom been more angry and infuriated at a film than I was with the BATB remake. Just impossibly garish, unnecessary padding galore that doesn't go anywhere, and Emma Watson is many things but a good Belle is not one of them. The only thing I appreciated was that they decided to write new songs instead of shoehorning in songs from the Broadway show, thus admitting without saying it out loud that all of those unecessary Broadway songs are awful.

Then again, it made me rage quit the Disney remakes immediately, so perhaps there's something good that came out of it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom