The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
Oh OK wow. The most I've spent on Pops is $85 for the Lucky Charms Leprechaun, and that felt excessive.
And yet... I still absolutely HATE not having those in my Disneyland collection...

Yeah I felt that there was a huge hole in my collection without those and I had to do it if I was going to continue collecting. That $750 was including the hatbox ghost too. Not just the hitchhiking ghosts.

Mac Tonight

Yeah I felt that there was a huge hole in my collection without those and I had to do it if I was going to continue collecting. That $750 was including the hatbox ghost too. Not just the hitchhiking ghosts.
But now the question is, were they the regular ones or the glow-in-the-dark versions???

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 11.03.59 AM.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
@Mac Tonight i draw the line at most of the Con POPs though. As long as I have the parks version I’m cool for the most part. For example I don’t need the GITD ghosts, Indy with Idol (especially now that I have the 10 inch version), GITD Jolly Roger etc. They re too expensive, especially when I have the parks variant. I did splurge on Matterhorn Mickey and Mr. Toad but those don’t have parks variants.

Mac Tonight

@Mac Tonight i draw the line at most of the Con POPs though. As long as I have the parks version I’m cool for the most part. For example I don’t need the GITD ghosts, Indy with Idol (especially now that I have the 10 inch version), GITD Jolly Roger etc. They re too expensive, especially when I have the parks variant. I did splurge on Matterhorn Mickey and Mr. Toad but those don’t have parks variants.
I do need to go back and try to pick up Indy and Mr. Toad at some point. The Mickey Matterhorn is tempting as well.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Just watched a ride through of ROTR and was reminded of one of my takeaways. So what is about these newer next gen rides that don’t quite do it for me? For example, RSR and ROTR. There is something about the pacing that throws me off. Kind of hard to put into words but the stop and go nature of these two rides take me out of the attraction for whatever reason. It’s odd because it has the opposite effect on me of what they are intending, It doesn’t really make sense as you would think that an attraction that is l“responding” to your vehicle would feel more immersive or organic yet I feel much more in tune when I’m riding the older classic like POTC or HM for example with continuous motion.

mickEblu

Original Poster
@Mac Tonight aka @Hatbox Ghostbuster , if they are going to do multiple Ride POPs for each ride this can be never ending. I guess we can expect the rest of the hitchhiking ghosts in the doombuggies. Looks like I’m not going to stop spending money time soon. There has to be a breaking point somewhere though right?

Mac Tonight

@Mac Tonight aka @Hatbox Ghostbuster , if they are going to do multiple Ride POPs for each ride this can be never ending. I guess we can expect the rest of the hitchhiking ghosts in the doombuggies. Looks like I’m not going to stop spending money time soon. There has to be a breaking point somewhere though right?
I can only imagine. I mean, that list could get out of hand fast! I think certain rides would be exempt.
Things like Star Tours would need huge figures.

But I'm ALL on board for a Buzz Lightyear AstroBlaster POP! with Buzz!

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
P
I can only imagine. I mean, that list could get out of hand fast! I think certain rides would be exempt.
Things like Star Tours would need huge figures.

But I'm ALL on board for a Buzz Lightyear AstroBlaster POP with Buzz on board!

But then for those rides like Star Tours they could just do what they did with Hondo for example and put C3PO in a Star Tours box.

For sure! Any Ride Pop I’m buying. Maybe I only keep on collecting the Rides POPs and just sell off all non-rides outside a few of my faves. They re all in a closet anyway. One day when I have a bigger house and I can display them it will be cool. But they only look cool when they re out of box, not too many and are mixed in with other random stuff. Having a mini toy store in your house with Boxes everywhere just doesn’t look appealing aesthetically to me.

Where’s the Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin POP? Licensing issues with that? Or a TOT bellhop POP?

Mac Tonight

P

But then for those rides like Star Tours they could just do what they did with Hondo for example and put C3PO in a Star Tours box.

For sure! Any Ride Pop I’m buying. Maybe I only keep on collecting the Rides POPs and just sell off all non-rides outside a few of my faves. They re all in a closet anyway. One day when I have a bigger house and I can display them it will be cool. But they only look cool when they re out of box, not too many and are mixed in with other random stuff. Having a mini toy store in your house with Boxes everywhere just doesn’t look appealing aesthetically to me.

Where’s the Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin POP? Licensing issues with that? Or a TOT bellhop POP?
Something like Space Mountain would be interesting without a recognizable face character.
I'm all in for a TOT Bellhop too.

Here would be my wishlist.
-Drowning Carlos in the well (POTC)
-Dueling portraits scene (HM)
-Peter Pan's Flight vehicle w/Peter (PPF)
-Mr. Toad's vehicle w/Badger, Mole, Rat (MTWR)
-Buzz Lightyear AstroBlaster vehicle w/Buzz (BLAB)
-The new Hungry Bear sign

mickEblu

Original Poster
Something like Space Mountain would be interesting without a recognizable face character.
I'm all in for a TOT Bellhop too.

Here would be my wishlist.
-Drowning Carlos in the well (POTC)
-Dueling portraits scene (HM)
-Peter Pan's Flight vehicle w/Peter (PPF)
-Mr. Toad's vehicle w/Badger, Mole, Rat (MTWR)
-Buzz Lightyear AstroBlaster vehicle w/Buzz (BLAB)
-The new Hungry Bear sign

Quality List. Lol @ the Hungry Bear sign. I would like to add the goat from BTMRR riding a train and the bathing elephant from the Jungle Cruise

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom