The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

No Name

I think there should be a confused reaction option on here… I’m not referring to anything specifically but sometimes I read something and just think 🤨 or
F1081EA4-3CF8-4A74-B923-07DCF1195CD8.jpeg

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

The state Indy is in now is arguably the worst show quality Disneyland has ever seen. For a while Splash was heralded as the ride in the worst show condition- but the fact that every single major effect in the ride is broken, as well as most of the minor effects, and Disney is still allowing the ride to operate is depressing.

Not to mention the preshow film in a shortened state, the fact the vehicles motion is no longer randomize, the number of 'random' Indy lines that used to be present for each Indy in the attraction that haven't been heard in years, the physical effect of the doors moving replaced with a projection... the list goes on.

Indy is among the best rides Disney has ever done, and it's sad seeing it rot. Though replacing/neglecting Baxter attractions seems to be trend for modern Disney.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Got my yearly ride on Haunted Mansion Holiday on my trip before last. Why are they not playing all the songs from the movie on the ride? Instead we have that cacophony they play in the graveyard. I might be able to tolerate it more with a better soundtrack.

Does the “What’s this? What’s this?” Christmastown-scene song (the best song in the movie) even play at any point during HMH? Haven’t ridden the overlay in a few years but I’ve always found the song choices and soundscapes interesting/bizarre.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Does the “What’s this? What’s this?” Christmastown-scene song (the best song in the movie) even play at any point during HMH? Haven’t ridden the overlay in a few years but I’ve always found the song choices and soundscapes interesting/bizarre.

No it doesn’t. I don’t think one actual song from the movie plays during the ride. Really odd choice. Kind of giving me Tiana Mountain vibes.

GiveMeTheMusic

No it doesn’t. I don’t think one actual song from the movie plays during the ride. Really odd choice. Kind of giving me Tiana Mountain vibes.

The plants "sing" Kidnap the Sandy Claws. What's This is mixed into the graveyard loop. There's more, it's just early.

When HMH opened for the first time in 2001, it used NO music from the film due to a legal issue the park was not able to clear. The ride was so popular that in 2002 the soundtrack was reworked to include music from the film with Danny Elfman's participation, and that was much touted at the time. He's a huge Haunted Mansion fan and wrote the score for Mystic Manor at HKDL later.

mickEblu

Original Poster
The plants "sing" Kidnap the Sandy Claws. What's This is mixed into the graveyard loop. There's more, it's just early.

When HMH opened for the first time in 2001, it used NO music from the film due to a legal issue the park was not able to clear. The ride was so popular that in 2002 the soundtrack was reworked to include music from the film with Danny Elfman's participation, and that was much touted at the time. He's a huge Haunted Mansion fan and wrote the score for Mystic Manor at HKDL later.

Yeah sorry when I say songs I mean the actual songs with voice actors singing. They do play an instrumental version of “Kidnap the Sandy Claws throughout a good portion of the ride and “What’s This” during the attic which I forgot about. The graveyard music is my least favorite as it’s a cacophony that doesn’t know what it wants to be. I’ve never even noticed “What’s This” is mixed in there.

Makes more sense now why the songs aren’t on the ride and perhaps shines a little light on why I’m not fond of the music in the graveyard. Did they try to just keep whatever they had playing there in the original 2001 version and just add “What’s This” and whatever else they added? Seems like instead of starting from scratch they just mixed in songs from the movie.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

Yeah sorry when I say songs I mean the actual songs with voice actors singing. They do play an instrumental version of “Kidnap the Sandy Claws throughout a good portion of the ride and “What’s This” during the attic which I forgot about. The graveyard music is my least favorite as it’s a cacophony that doesn’t know what it wants to be. I’ve never even noticed “What’s This” is mixed in there.

Makes more sense now why the songs aren’t on the ride and perhaps shines a little light on why I’m not fond of the music in the graveyard. Did they try to just keep whatever they had playing there in the original 2001 version and just add “What’s This” and whatever else they added? Seems like instead of starting from scratch they just mixed in songs from the movie.

Here's the original 2001 soundtrack:

I kind of miss it.

TP2000

This comparison of gas prices at WDW vs. Disneyland is incredible to me. I don't know how families in SoCal do this, and at some point it has to impact visitation and spending at Disneyland.

I just snagged these screenshots from gasbuddy.com. These are today's prices for a gallon of 87 octane regular at the stations on and around WDW property, and the stations nearest to Disneyland.

$2.92 to $3.15 at various stations off property, and $3.04 at the multiple Speedway's on WDW property.
WDW.jpg

Meanwhile, in Anaheim, prices for a gallon of 87 regular are over double that of Orlando...

$6.79 at the Chevron next to the 5 freeway, to $6.19 at the 7-11 on Ball Road
DLR (2).jpg

If your car requires 91 octane in Anaheim, prices are well over $7 per gallon today. Crazy! How are middle class families affording this I wonder?

GiveMeTheMusic

This comparison of gas prices at WDW vs. Disneyland is incredible to me. I don't know how families in SoCal do this, and at some point it has to impact visitation and spending at Disneyland.

I just snagged these screenshots from gasbuddy.com. These are today's prices for a gallon of 87 octane regular at the stations on and around WDW property, and the stations nearest to Disneyland.

$2.92 to $3.15 at various stations off property, and $3.04 at the multiple Speedway's on WDW property.
View attachment 671004

Meanwhile, in Anaheim, prices for a gallon of 87 regular are over double that of Orlando...

$6.79 at the Chevron next to the 5 freeway, to $6.19 at the 7-11 on Ball Road
View attachment 671006
If your car requires 91 octane in Anaheim, prices are well over $7 per gallon today. Crazy! How are middle class families affording this I wonder?

How are middle class families affording $150 1 day tickets to Disneyland? $6.79 gas seems small potatoes compared to buying tickets, Genie+, Individual Lightning Lanes, $20 burgers, $30 bubble wands, $7 churros, and $30 for parking.

TP2000

How are middle class families affording $150 1 day tickets to Disneyland? $6.79 gas seems small potatoes compared to buying tickets, Genie+, Individual Lightning Lanes, $20 burgers, $30 bubble wands, $7 churros, and $30 for parking.

It seems to me that if Florida Dad paid 60 bucks to fill up the 20 gallon tank in the Camry on the way to WDW, but California Dad paid 135 bucks to fill up the 20 gallon tank in the Camry on the way to Disneyland, that would be 75 extra dollars that Florida Dad could spend at WDW on churros and bubble wands.

GiveMeTheMusic

It seems to me that if Florida Dad paid 60 bucks to fill up the 20 gallon tank in the Camry on the way to WDW, but California Dad paid 135 bucks to fill up the 20 gallon tank in the Camry on the way to Disneyland, that would be 75 extra dollars that Florida Dad could spend at WDW on churros and bubble wands.

Florida Dad is also paying out a lot more money overall to stay at a hotel and cover all meals as Florida Dad probably isn't local. California Dad can use that gas for the next two weeks because he already lives here and is just visiting Disneyland for the day. The gas tank has to be filled whether or not there's a Disneyland day.

Also, the gas prices don't matter. Everyone grumbles about them but do people stop driving? They haven't so far. Everyone complains about Disneyland pricing, and the place is still packed.

There's no incentive for gas companies, or Disneyland, or airlines, or cruise lines, or anybody to cut prices if people are perfectly willing to pay what they're charging now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom